1. #1
    primozek
    primozek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-11-15
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 1122

    Betcris 3,5% payout fee (even on bitcoin)

    Hi

    Got Betcris account when Greek transfered account to them. Never received any bonus from Betcris, placed quite a lot of bets. When crisis started I did not decide to withdraw (to help them through this easier) and placed many bets on eSports. Now I need some money but found out they implemented 3,5% payout fee even on bitcoin. I was told that's management decision for my account, nothing to do with covid19 and that's it, can not be changed. What do you think about this "fair play"?

  2. #2
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 15,720
    Betpoints: 192

    Terrible

    Take the money, eat the fee, reload at book that gives a bonus and you’ll make money

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #3
    primozek
    primozek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-11-15
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 1122

    Thank you for your opinion. I will do it.

  4. #4
    ronald
    ronald's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 4322

    Looks like I'm in the same boat. Have had an account for 15+ years. Is this a new CRIS policy? Seems ludicrous to charge that kind of fee. And $1000 withdrawal limits? It's especially unfair given that they didn't charge any fees at the time I made my deposit. Seems to me like they should give some kind of warning that they're going to implement fees as of a certain date so you can make a decision about your funds ahead of time. It's essentially holding your money hostage. Very unfair and totally surprised to see this from CRIS. Can SBR get an explanation from CRIS about this?

  5. #5
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 54,407

    Offshore is dying

    Sad to see

  6. #6
    Hman
    All Of My Kindness Is Taken For Weakness
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 16,986
    Betpoints: 75

    Other great books to play at.

    You know what to do

  7. #7
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 341,681
    Betpoints: 720

    not a good look for Cris

  8. #8
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 5,536
    Betpoints: 8338

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Offshore is dying

    Sad to see
    lol wtf u talking about?????

  9. #9
    ronald
    ronald's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 4322

    BetCRIS charging 3.5% FEE on Bitcoin withdrawals - Max 1k Withdrawal

    Since when?

    I noticed this when I went into the Cashier. I've not had a Bitcoin withdrawal in many months so I don't know when this change was made. They basically have the highest Bitcoin withdrawal fee in the industry now.

    And 1k limit? They take five figure bets but only pay 1k at a time?

    This seems very unlike CRIS.

    Would be curious to know when these changes were implemented, and why.

  10. #10
    ohreallyido
    ohreallyido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 3
    Betpoints: 18

    When did this start??? Is BM doing this too???

  11. #11
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    I didn't realize this either, probably would have if we hadn't shut down.

    Sooooooo, WTF????!@#$%^&*(???
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  12. #12
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    I think BM is still ok though, I don't see it when I log in and the main page without log in (FAQ) says this...

    I don't believe this has changed...
    https://www.bookmaker.eu/bitcoin-sportsbook#
    How much can I withdraw with Bitcoin?Unlike other methods which only let you withdraw once a week, with Bitcoin you can request up to 5 payouts every week. And you can receive up to $10,000 on every withdrawal.

    Are there any fees on Bitcoin withdrawals?
    BookMaker does not charge any fees for getting payed in Bitcoin, but depending on the exchange wallet you use, there may be minor fees for converting funds from Bitcoin to Fiat (US Dollars) currency. These fees vary from 1% to 3%. When using Bitcoin ATMs this could be 5% or higher. At the moment we do not cover those fees as they are coming from the exchanges and not from us.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  13. #13
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,121
    Betpoints: 4444

    Quote Originally Posted by primozek View Post
    Hi

    Got Betcris account when Greek transfered account to them. Never received any bonus from Betcris, placed quite a lot of bets. When crisis started I did not decide to withdraw (to help them through this easier) and placed many bets on eSports. Now I need some money but found out they implemented 3,5% payout fee even on bitcoin. I was told that's management decision for my account, nothing to do with covid19 and that's it, can not be changed. What do you think about this "fair play"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Looks like I'm in the same boat. Have had an account for 15+ years. Is this a new CRIS policy? Seems ludicrous to charge that kind of fee. And $1000 withdrawal limits? It's especially unfair given that they didn't charge any fees at the time I made my deposit. Seems to me like they should give some kind of warning that they're going to implement fees as of a certain date so you can make a decision about your funds ahead of time. It's essentially holding your money hostage. Very unfair and totally surprised to see this from CRIS. Can SBR get an explanation from CRIS about this?

    Looks like it is just for you Ronald. Same as the OP was told.

    I don't appear to have any fee or 1k limit for it.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  14. #14
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Looks like it is just for you Ronald. Same as the OP was told.

    I don't appear to have any fee or 1k limit for it.
    Same here, I don't see fees or limits any different on my end than they have been for me for a while now.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  15. #15
    ohreallyido
    ohreallyido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 3
    Betpoints: 18

    This is a troubling sign of things to come. If this is going on at Bet CRIS what will happen with the smaller books????

  16. #16
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 2,229
    Betpoints: 1122

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Looks like it is just for you Ronald. Same as the OP was told.

    I don't appear to have any fee
    my limit is $1380 CAD no fee

  17. #17
    slobib
    slobib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-26-06
    Posts: 42
    Betpoints: 1515

    Same here 890e limit and 3.5% fee.

  18. #18
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 3,553
    Betpoints: 12

    LOL Some have a 3.5% fee and some don't? Sheez.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020


  19. #19
    Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-10-07
    Posts: 713
    Betpoints: 27370

    A fee should never be higher than what it costs the book to perform the transaction.

    3,5% fee on a bitcoin transaction? How can this be right?

  20. #20
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,361
    Betpoints: 144

    Be thanksful they didn't choose a 100% withdrawal fee for your money. (sarcasm)
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020


  21. #21
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 892
    Betpoints: 311

    Nobody's seen this yet in the US CRIS books, right? (Bookmaker, JustBet, GalaxySports)

  22. #22
    Grumsi
    Grumsi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-14
    Posts: 66
    Betpoints: 2052

    If I had to bet what is the difference between players who have 3.5% fee and players who dont have that fee, I would bet that potential winners have 3.5% fee and the rest of them them are usual losers. Don't get triggered, truth is one and only.

  23. #23
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,361
    Betpoints: 144

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumsi View Post
    If I had to bet what is the difference between players who have 3.5% fee and players who dont have that fee, I would bet that potential winners have 3.5% fee and the rest of them them are usual losers. Don't get triggered, truth is one and only.
    They are either targeting winners, or people that deposit/withdraw too often. Either way the ethical thing to do is to give clients a chance to withdraw funds without fee 1 time and then know about the fee they will impose in future. Otherwise its obviously not fair game.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020


  24. #24
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    They are either targeting winners, or people that deposit/withdraw too often. Either way the ethical thing to do is to give clients a chance to withdraw funds without fee 1 time and then know about the fee they will impose in future. Otherwise its obviously not fair game.
    I agree.

    If management is making decisions on accounts, especially because accountholders are just moving money constantly, then give them a warning.

    Ideally, outline a policy that shows when you will start charging. The problem there is that they might tolerate some extra money movement from clients who have been "good" to them with a lifetime of activity.

    They should set a standard, though, at least a min or max, as I don't think the terms of service of FAQ pages are indicating fees could be charged or limits on withdrawals imposed.

    The possibility of such future limits or action should be written in the terms FAQ pages and not just be industry implied.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  25. #25
    Grumsi
    Grumsi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-14
    Posts: 66
    Betpoints: 2052

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    They are either targeting winners, or people that deposit/withdraw too often. Either way the ethical thing to do is to give clients a chance to withdraw funds without fee 1 time and then know about the fee they will impose in future. Otherwise its obviously not fair game.
    I am sure it is just a winners/losers thing. It is their way to get rid of their winners. And if they will keep want to be winners they will need to play elsewhere, because 3.5% withdraw fee will make them be a loser.
    It is certaily not "many deposits or many withdrawals" thing, because bookies would happily pay all those fees for a nice fat, thick loser.

  26. #26
    HomeRun35
    HomeRun35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-09-20
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 165

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    If management is making decisions on accounts, especially because accountholders are just moving money constantly, then give them a warning.
    What frequency would you consider money around too constantly? Withdrawing 3 times per week? Twice?

  27. #27
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeRun35 View Post
    What frequency would you consider money around too constantly? Withdrawing 3 times per week? Twice?
    I suppose that would depend on the other half of the money move.

    How often during that same week did the customer deposit? Even if it was by BTC?

    It's not just excessive transactions or limiting players (I do not think charging the BTC fee is in any way an attempt to limit successful bettors, there are better methods for that, but the limit on withdrawal amounts could be an attempt to encourage further gambling) at play here, books have to consider anti money laundering as well.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  28. #28
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    The fee is used to discourage a behavior, I assure you, and that behavior is likely some form of excessive transaction.

    Cost isn't the only issue for the book, like we are saying, the book will cover that for a good "client," but they don't have to.

    It's more about controlling behaviors, or encouraging or discourgaing them.

    $1000 limits and fees each time could be used to prevent a BTC run from those high transaction people.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  29. #29
    ronald
    ronald's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 4322

    I do not move money excessively in and out of CRIS. In fact I think I've only requested one payout from them in 2020.

    This seems to be a way to punish sharp bettors, and it's rogue behavior.

    If CRIS doesn't want my action, they can ban me. They can limit me. They can do a lot of things that are fair. But to insert a fee simply as a way to recoup some of what they lost is not what you'd expect from a top tier book.

    Bubba makes a fair point. If they are going to charge a fee, they should give the bettor notice. When I deposited, I did so with the understanding that they didn't charge a fee for Bitcoin payouts. I made that deposit in good faith, and they should honor the terms as they were when that deposit was made.

    I hope SBR will reach out to CRIS and look into this, since I can't speak to management due to their lack of a phone number.

  30. #30
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    I do not move money excessively in and out of CRIS. In fact I think I've only requested one payout from them in 2020.

    This seems to be a way to punish sharp bettors, and it's rogue behavior.

    If CRIS doesn't want my action, they can ban me. They can limit me. They can do a lot of things that are fair. But to insert a fee simply as a way to recoup some of what they lost is not what you'd expect from a top tier book...
    "It seems"

    "Not what you'd expect"

    Then maybe it's not what you think it is. You are not considering other factors at all. Or you just want to play "sharp" for a day...lol...like they want to get even with you.

    Like the current crisis and run on books it can and has caused. We are not only not out of that crisis, but it could comeback with a vengeance. It could.

    If they give SBR more info, or more of an explanation than they gave the client, then that's the real shady part.

    Good Luck.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  31. #31
    ronald
    ronald's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-31-05
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 4322

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    "It seems"

    "Not what you'd expect"

    Then maybe it's not what you think it is. You are not considering other factors at all. Or you just want to play "sharp" for a day...lol...like they want to get even with you.

    Like the current crisis and run on books it can and has caused. We are not only not out of that crisis, but it could comeback with a vengeance. It could.

    If they give SBR more info, or more of an explanation than they gave the client, then that's the real shady part.

    Good Luck.
    I don't care what I'm called. Sharp. Square. Whatever. But CRIS banned me from their loyalty program long ago and now this. Feel free to draw whatever conclusion you like.

    If this 3.5 % BTC payout fee combined with 1k limits was in response to COVID, then I would expect it would be across the board. However, it seems that only certain accounts have been ambushed with this unjust fee.

  32. #32
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 47,091
    Betpoints: 122

    Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    I don't care what I'm called. Sharp. Square. Whatever. But CRIS banned me from their loyalty program long ago and now this. Feel free to draw whatever conclusion you like.

    If this 3.5 % BTC payout fee combined with 1k limits was in response to COVID, then I would expect it would be across the board. However, it seems that only certain accounts have been ambushed with this unjust fee.
    That's just it. It wouldn't be across the board because different accounts have different levels of risk when it comes to a run.

    It could even be the amount in the account that makes a difference.

    It is far more likely in place to control a behavior that is "let's turn off the bettor" as there are other ways to do this, you said it yourself.

    Risk management right now entails so much. But if you don't want to think about that, then just think of Occam's razor.

    I would think you can appreciate the back end of the business more than that, though.

    I still think if SBR gets info they withheld from you, then that should be the focus, even if SBR gets your ruling over turned.

    Not telling you why, but telling them why, when they represent you, should be a complaint itself.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  33. #33
    jazzmonkey
    jazzmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-27-08
    Posts: 84
    Betpoints: 384

    I have this, was told that it is due to my action - i.e. sharp.

    Had the account for 10+ years though so they knew full well about the bets I was placing. Only came when they said that, because I am from the UK I needed to withdraw the balance even though they had known about my residency for years. Anyway no great loss

  34. #34
    Mtipster
    Mtipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 10
    Betpoints: 774

    It's not a surprise, really.

    They had exclusive e-wallet fee for "non recreationals" long time ago.
    Then they removed tennis bellow ATP and WTA level for "non recreationals".
    Now this...

  35. #35
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,121
    Betpoints: 4444

    It could be to discourage arbitrage players who want to deposit/withdraw large amounts fast, from doing that.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


12 Last
Top