HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

5D skims $144 from my $3000 deposit today

I sent 5D $3000 today and they received roughly the same, yet they only credited my account $2856. When I contacted them about this, they agreed they received 3k. However I used a BTC address that I had gotten from them 2 days ago on Monday. At that time, a price quote was given that was good for 15 minutes. No problem I thought, because I'll still get fair market price at the time it was sent or confirmed. Instead, they insist on using that price quote from Monday when I generated a BTC address which is absolutely ABSURD! They insist that the "merchant" is entitled to the better of the original quote (no matter how old) and what they actually receive. It's a license to steal and that's what they elected to do. I would hate to lose my account with 5D over this, after nearly 2 decades with them, but this isn't right. The BTC address I used is listed below to confirm what was sent and received.

3GroostSCK1ukDKuaPUcKu4TdFJv4s6Yds

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I hear ya on this but you are at least partly to blame by not getting a new address from them.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10474

yeah they do that. sometimes if you bitch enough they will give you some free play to make up the difference. GL

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    I hear ya on this but you are at least partly to blame by not getting a new address from them.
    I agree with you that I should have generated a new addy. But I shouldn't be held to the price from 2 days ago. Once the 15 minute guarantee elapses, fair market price at time confirmed is the usual standard by all other Books.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

That’s the problem I’ve been complaining about for a while. “The merchant is entitled to the better quote” . Why? They’re also entitled to credit your deposit after 0 confirmations or 10 leaving them a huge window to skim money. The best way to look at this to me is to be glad you got most of your money after using a two day old BTC address. If BTC would’ve double in those two days instead of going down you would’ve still received $3k. It’s a lose lose situation.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    That’s the problem I’ve been complaining about for a while. “The merchant is entitled to the better quote” . Why? They’re also entitled to credit your deposit after 0 confirmations or 10 leaving them a huge window to skim money. The best way to look at this to me is to be glad you got most of your money after using a two day old BTC address. If BTC would’ve double in those two days instead of going down you would’ve still received $3k. It’s a lose lose situation.
    That's fukkin insane. If you miss the 15 minute window, which is sure to happen when you're waiting for that many confirmations, you should still get fair market value at sent time or 2nd confirmation at latest. No more BTC transactions for me with 5D.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-27-19 at 02:49 PM.

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Hog the problem is that you waited 2 days to send the coins!! Granted their rules suck but the majority of this issue was of your own doing. Just don't get so pizzed that you bet the balance on them COWBOYS tomorrow

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    Hog the problem is that you waited 2 days to send the coins!! Granted their rules suck but the majority of this issue was of your own doing. Just don't get so pizzed that you bet the balance on them COWBOYS tomorrow
    My mistake was going back to using BTC with 5D. For years, I just did book to book transfers with 5D and other A Books. Always got what I sent. Didn't think 5D would take advantage of a minor mistake to fukk me out of $150. Bottom line is that I sent them 3k and they received 3k, give or take chump change. For a book that hates shot takers, they sure took one at me.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-27-19 at 04:21 PM.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

That is absurd. Yeah, yeah, yeah, as others have mentioned, you did something dumb. But even you admit that it was a mistake.

But that doesn't give 5Dimes license to just do whatever they feel like. If Bitcoin price had gone in the other direction, they wouldn't have honored that quoted rate. They should be ashamed.

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Hog......if you have played with them for many years they should make this right. It's amazing that at A+ Book on SBR you are already losing $100+ and had yet to make 1 single wager!!! I'm about sick and tired of these books doing wtf'ever they want and have no downgrade to the rank at SBR.

Here is the question I keep asking myself.......how much Do these books pay SBR to stay at the top of the "most trusted" books? I dare to say it's more than Hog lost with his bitcoin deposit to 5Dimes

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

The funny thing is ive made probably 100 bitcoin deposits over the years at 5d... not one single time have i been credited more than the requested amount... shorted a ton, due to "price change" even tho sent in the 15 minute window... or, credited exactly what i entered in the cashier, never ever above. Weeeeeird.

HedgeHog

I have filed a complaint with SBR. Hate to lose 5D as an out, especially since I usually have low 5 figures there. But if they are willing to steal $150, how can I trust them with 10-20k? My chat with a 5D supervisor earlier went nowhere (see below):

Max 09:59:33 am
    Greetings Mr. XXXXX. I am the supervisor on duty. I will be glad to assist you.
    I can see that you requested the wallet address two days ago but then you sent today.
    XXXXXXX 10:00:00 am
    Correct
    Max 10:00:11 am
    You need to remember to always send your BTC within the 15 minute window.
    xxxxxxxx 10:00:54 am
    I thought I would still get market price
    Otherwise I would have grabbed a new addy today
    Max 10:01:28 am
    In order to get the exchange rate agreed upon you need to send it within 15 minutes. In this case though you actually got the exact rate agreed upon: 6917.0644
    Ok yes, you need to grab a new address every time you are going to send.
    XXXXXXXXX 10:02:36 am
    I thought the 15 minute window was a guaranteed price. Afterward it's market price
    Max 10:02:48 am
    If you send it after the 15 minutes, then the system will use the exchange rate that is most advantageous for us, the merchant.
    xxxxxxxx 10:03:40 am
    Not with all the other Books I deal with, Bookmaker, Heritage etc...
    Max 10:05:08 am
    Since, imagine if someone was guaranteed an exchange rate of 9000.00, but then the next day the rate went down to 8000.00, if they send the following day to the wallet address they requested when it was 9000.00, they are not going to get the 9000.00 exchange rate, they will get the one that is best for the company. For this reason you need to send it within 15 minutes in order to avoid that from happening.
    If you send it within the 15 minutes you will get the exchange rate agreed upon.
    XXXXXXXXXX 10:08:23 am
    The 15 minute window is used at other books too, but it's a guarantee for that time only. Afterward it's market price. That's fair for everyone. What 5D is one-sided and not fair to the client.
    Max 10:09:05 am
    I am sorry you feel that way sir but this is the way that it is.
    XXXXXXXX 10:09:48 am
    I'll be filing a complaint with SBR.
    Max 10:10:27 am
    Ok sir. Again I am sorry you feel that way. Is there anything else I can do for you?
    xxxxxxx 10:10:45 am
    No.
    Max 10:11:01 am
    Ok, thank you sir.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-27-19 at 07:27 PM.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    The funny thing is ive made probably 100 bitcoin deposits over the years at 5d... not one single time have i been credited more than the requested amount... shorted a ton, due to "price change" even tho sent in the 15 minute window... or, credited exactly what i entered in the cashier, never ever above. Weeeeeird.
    This has been discussed here many times. I think we know by now that they use the rate which is most advantageous to them. Hey, what do you know? It's right there in OP's chat transcript!

They aren't the only book which does this, of course. But they're definitely the only A rated book which does.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 11-28-19 at 01:25 PM.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    That is absurd. Yeah, yeah, yeah, as others have mentioned, you did something dumb. But even you admit that it was a mistake.

But that doesn't give 5Dimes license to just do whatever they feel like. If Bitcoin price had gone in the other direction, they wouldn't have honored that quoted rate. They should be ashamed.
    ^^^This.
    I agree with most of SBR's ratings but 5D shouldn't be an A. What they did is unethical.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HedgeHog

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Lots of good books out there. I'd pull my money if I were you. Sportsbetting.ag that's my favorite. They actually honor the true price of bitcoin.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Lots of good books out there. I'd pull my money if I were you. Sportsbetting.ag that's my favorite. They actually honor the true price of bitcoin.
    I already use them and parent book BOL. They even add 1/2 of 1% to each BTC deposit, even if you pass on a bonus. I agree they are the most client friendly Book for BTC deposits.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-27-19 at 08:06 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Thanks for posting this info.

Helps explain why some people have different experiences than I have had.

Not excusing the policy, which seems wrong to me too, but if you never send the exact amount you never have this issue as far as I can see.

I always send more than I order, and always get what i expect credited. Every single time.

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18026

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Not excusing the policy, which seems wrong to me too, but if you never send the exact amount you never have this issue as far as I can see.

I always send more than I order, and always get what i expect credited. Every single time.

Strange. I have tried this recently. Like I get the BTC rate and amount for 2000$, but send them 2050$ worth of Bitcoin. I still have gotten shorted, most recently a week ago. I always send it within the 15 minute window too and high miners fee. I used the lose a lot on these in 2017, when Bitcoin transfers were often clogged.

Talking about "a guaranteed rate" is really dishonest. It'sonly guaranteed you never get more than your deposit amount. Heads we win, tails you lose.

MarkMakers
    MarkMakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Other than bitcoin, what is the next best method of cashing out with 5d ?

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Opti, are you saying you send more than you request and you get more than you requested? Say you requested $500 but sent $505, are you saying you get $505 or $500? 5Dimes states in there BTC FAQ that if you send less than the exact amount on the QR code it will delay the deposit, but it doesn’t say anything about sending more.
    If the amount you send is less than the amount you had entered to request the Bitcoin Address, your deposit will be delayed by at least 15 minutes more on top of the regular confirmation time.

Optional

Opti, are you saying you send more than you request and you get more than you requested? Say you requested $500 but sent $505, are you saying you get $505 or $500? 5Dimes states in there BTC FAQ that if you send less than the exact amount on the QR code it will delay the deposit, but it doesn’t say anything about sending more.
    If the amount you send is less than the amount you had entered to request the Bitcoin Address, your deposit will be delayed by at least 15 minutes more on top of the regular confirmation time.
    Yes, if I want to deposit $300, I put $290 into the form and send the 300, and always get within about a buck of what I expect.

I have not done a deposit there over $1000 in a long time though to be sure about larger amounts.

The reason I started doing this was them warning if we sent less than the specified amount it would need manual approval and delay things. So just started doing that.

I seem to get just about every deposit credited in under 15 mins too.

It sure can't hurt you to try it next time.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

I was under the impression if you didn’t scan the QR code it would require manual approval. 5Dimes doesn’t give you the BTC amount to send if I remember correctly, but it registers if you scan the QR. They’d probably be better served doing it like Heritage, here’s the BTC addy, just send whatever amount you want. My heritage deposits are always close, and quick.

Optional

I was under the impression if you didn’t scan the QR code it would require manual approval. 5Dimes doesn’t give you the BTC amount to send if I remember correctly, but it registers if you scan the QR. They’d probably be better served doing it like Heritage, here’s the BTC addy, just send whatever amount you want. My heritage deposits are always close, and quick.
    They do give the exact amount on the deposit page apart from QR code.

Anyway, I am very sure it's fine to send more like I do and have been doing for years now.

In fact, it "appears" to be a way to avoid any of this rubbish about the processor getting a choice to give you Gtd value or current value, whichever is best for them.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

I also have been doing what Optional said (sending more than said amount) and really been shorted much.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

They do give the exact amount on the deposit page apart from QR code.

Anyway, I am very sure it's fine to send more like I do and have been doing for years now.

In fact, it "appears" to be a way to avoid any of this rubbish about the processor getting a choice to give you Gtd value or current value, whichever is best for them.
    You’re right, they do give the exact BTC amount to send,I confused it with another book that gives the amount but it doesn’t transfer with the QR code and you have to type it in. Either way, I’ll try your method next time I deposit at 5D to see if I have better luck.
    Considering books used to pay the fees associated with W.U. And M.G. , which were usually at least $10, you would think 5Dimes wouldn’t be nickel and diming folks on BTC deposits that are received in a decent timeframe, say 1-2 hours.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

5 Dimes...Sweat the games AND the deposit.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

5Dimes is freerolling people on Bitcoin deposits.

If Tony was alive he’d have to boot his own book.

HedgeHog

I emailed my complaint on Wednesday, and just want to make sure it was received (since SBR was experiencing server issues recently). If it helps I could PM you or whoever else my account number. My hope is that SBR can reach out to 5D management and get this one-time issue resolved. I just want fair value for the BTC deposit I actually sent on Weds, a difference of $140 -$150, not some long expired quote on Monday. After spending an hour on chat with a supervisor and CS rep before that, I realize I can't get this done on my own. As is always the case, I appreciate any help SBR can provide.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I emailed my complaint on Wednesday, and just want to make sure it was received (since SBR was experiencing server issues recently). If it helps I could PM you or whoever else my account number. My hope is that SBR can reach out to 5D management and get this one-time issue resolved. I just want fair value for the BTC deposit I actually sent on Weds, a difference of $140 -$150, not some long expired quote on Monday. After spending an hour on chat with a supervisor and CS rep before that, I realize I can't get this done on my own. As is always the case, I appreciate any help SBR can provide.
    PM me the email address you sent it from and I will ask whats happening.

After reading your conversation with them, and you having some sort of supervisor confirm that is their real position as well, I hope we can help but it sounds like not a simple one. :\

HedgeHog

PM me the email address you sent it from and I will ask whats happening.

After reading your conversation with them, and you having some sort of supervisor confirm that is their real position as well, I hope we can help but it sounds like not a simple one. :\
    PM sent. I'm hoping upper management would correct this obvious error for the sake of fairness alone. If not, I'll just chalk it up as an expensive lesson learned and move on. Not worth losing 5D as an out.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-29-19 at 05:34 AM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    PM sent. I'm hoping upper management would correct this obvious error for the sake of fairness alone. If not, I'll just chalk it up as an expensive lesson learned and move on. Not worth losing 5D as an out.
    It seems weird to me too. But from the way they openly tell you that is how it works, I am guessing they made a deal for the processor to do the 15 min guarantee thing and take the risk of a loss in that time, and their offset for that is being able to choose whats best for them when it does not arrive on time.

Just guessing here, but from all the conversations had here about the deposit system there before and seeing what they told you, that makes sense to me now. And I get the feeling upper management is going to just confirm what you have been told.

I'll chase up your complaint and make sure the dispute agent understands properly what has happened. Never know, all my guessing could be wrong.

Ongoing I think it would be smart to never send the exact amount when depositing though, always a little more. And just take that risk of fluctuation during the send time yourself.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-29-19 at 06:11 AM.

HedgeHog

To be honest, I really don't think 5D has any downside risk because the 15 minute window almost always expires by the time the transaction is confirmed (6 confirmations from my limited experience). It's a one-sided system designed for the merchant's benefit and client's detriment. As I say, lesson learned and I'll go back to B2B transfers as far as 5D is concerned.

That said, I appreciate your help in getting this matter to the dispute agent.

MarkMakers
    MarkMakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

So what’s the overall sentiment on 5D and bitcoin? I mean what are the pros and cons of using bitcoin with 5D at this point? I’m not hearing very good things based on the threads here.

HedgeHog

The pro is the convenience factor as there is no better way to deposit and withdraw at Books. The con, in 5D's case, is that they have a processing system which is not client friendly.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 12-01-19 at 06:41 AM.

HedgeHog

Update: 5D Supervisor Max sent me an email last night stating that a one time exception is being made. They credited my account the difference. I really appreciate Optional and SBR going to bat for me. THANK YOU!

598302904 11/30/19 8:31pm $133.91 $6,527.19 Missing amount for dep 18287640 Reup BTC

12 Last