degen1
    degen1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Fairlay currently stealing my btc, 6 figures

I’ve been an established user of Fairlay for the last 7 months, VIP level 5, and have generally had a great relationship with them (even reporting bugs several times and also suggesting site improvements that were implemented)

Around 10 days ago, I submitted a deposit and it was not credited to my account, I had been using the site consistently day to day for the months prior. I reported the issue and what seemed to be a bug, eventually they said that my account was flagged.

My coin is all legit, never used a dark site in my life, I always bet so no question of money laundering (the only scam I’ve seen reported was bc someone was depositing and not betting), and no funny business in terms of betting. Also my most recent deposit was straight from an exchange so, I know specifically there’s nothing wrong with that deposit. Additionally, it feels especially questionable as they could have warned me before I deposited and locked up my money if my account was flagged, this way it looks like they intentionally were trying to wait for a next deposit.

They stopped responding to me over a week ago, and they’ve never told me what I’m getting flagged for, which is the worst part. All was said was that an “external party” flagged my account. That in itself is questionable, how could a third party even be involved? I’ve been patient, I’ve offered to help, and I’ve done everything they’ve asked (they asked for a number to reach me). I hate blasting them, and have waited a long time to do so to give them a fair chance, but it’s looking increasingly like nothing is happening so I’m trying to lever pressure for at least a response or explanation.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am so very confident that I did nothing to violate their terms and conditions, and they seem to be violating clauses in their t&c and faqs themselves. I’ve filed a complaint w SBR and am waiting for updates as well from them (I have had a great experience w SBR help before so I am eager to have any guidance from them)

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

If you read the rules at Fairlay you have right of arbitration.....ask 4 that plus file a complaint on sbr as it may be good sbr gets a Chanel w Fairlay and finally rate them.....your the 2nd person every to complain about this and first was a 100% money washer.....I’d like to hear the outcome here as Fairlay has been outstanding for many many years

also it appears from reading forum and chat it’s your account funds are frozen until resolution of some sort of investigation regarding the transactions....so not stolen just on hold until resolution
    Last edited by littlekona; 08-05-19 at 01:31 PM.

degen1

Yeah, I’ve asked for the arbitration and filed the SBR complaint, and have not even received a response from Fairlay still. They’ve been great for me with the exception of minor bugs and delays previous to this issue so it comes as a big shock and disappointment. I really just wanted to continue on, but as time goes by, the more puzzling it is and the less confidence I have in the site

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

degen I noticed this is your first post, but you've filed complaints with SBR before. Just curious why you wouldn't want to use your regular posting name here.
    Points Awarded:

littlekona gave bookie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

degen1

I don’t use other accounts to post this is the one time (I feel like I had maybe one other but maybe it was deleted after awhile), the initial time I used SBR was for a complaint form.

Beside the point anyways, no?

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Bookie.....good catch!!! I was wondering the same thing

Mild Mannered
    Mild Mannered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    degen I noticed this is your first post, but you've filed complaints with SBR before. Just curious why you wouldn't want to use your regular posting name here.
    Are you serious? With that much money at stake? Unless he was talking about Japanese yen.

degen1

deleting duplicate
    Last edited by degen1; 08-05-19 at 04:02 PM.

degen1

I've tried responding a few times to the different posts here but they dont seem to be going through, so forgive me if they eventually get double posted.

First @Bookie, this is earnestly my one and only account, I dont frequent SBR and have only really used the complaint system, which I used once for a dispute with NitrogenSports and was instructed by another Nitro user in chat how to do so / whom to contact (also I won the dispute, for color and to give kudos to SBR). But regardless, I don't understand what your point is or what you're insinuating at - what would it mattered if I was posting from a different account? Feels like you're distracting from my point or belittling it by asking this question, but I don't even know what you're insinuating so if you could just directly ask that instead I'm happy to answer you. If the insinuation is that I shouldn't be allowed to use the complaint form or post about my issue, then I apologize but that also doesn't seem like that's your jurisdiction.

@littlekona agreed, which is why I used "currently," to imply that I don't think they'll end up stealing my bitcoin. My main point is to here give warning that regardless of how good a book is, there can definitely be (in my opinion, unjust) misunderstandings that will screw you over, and the most important thing regardless is to have accountability over these books for so that things are resolved a.) absolutely and b.) promptly. I also do earnestly believe that I am entitled to receive my deposit back (and consequently can claim it's being wrongfully withheld) because

a.) the deposit is clean in itself and I don't think there'd be any dispute about that from them
    b.) whatever this dispute is, it pre-dated my deposit
    c.) I have not even received an explanation or "accusation" of what I'm suspected of to begin with, and have not received a response from them in nearly a week
    d.) in light of a and b, I should have been warned that my account was under review and no deposit should / would have occurred if so
    e.) it's certainly ambiguous whether or not they even have the right within their T&C to freeze my funds, but in the places where it's less ambiguous I know that it does not apply to me. If they suspected they did, then I'd wish they'd clarify with me because I can easily answer any questions and support the evidence. Also, most cases you are able to still withdraw your funds even in violation of policy (i.e most exchanges etc.)
    f.) I was told that my activity is flagged by an external third party, which I don't understand to begin with, but also have questions about b/c I'm not sure when or how or if it's allowed for any of my activity or details to be disclosed to such a third party - is this appropriately disclosed or at all in the T&C (and even if they were, what is the process in which the third party flags user activity and how is it disclosed? There's no transparency to it for users)
    Last edited by degen1; 08-05-19 at 03:56 PM.

littlekona

Where do you reside?

degen1

Not in the restricted USA areas aka Washington and New York, I am kosher by their t&c. My lawyer and I picked a lot of it apart already

degen1

@littlekona unfortunately I cannot dm you yet, but while I am waiting for Fairlay can you dm me and advise on alternatives for large limits (thinking AC88)

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by degen1 View Post
    @littlekona unfortunately I cannot dm you yet, but while I am waiting for Fairlay can you dm me and advise on alternatives for large limits (thinking AC88)
    yea AC88 is great for fiat and I use all the time....Fairlay is best for btc exclusive and sometimes get better odds then pinny....Use both....BTW i see in troll box Fairlay posted response to you seems like they like you but something triggered red flag

degen1

Yeah, unfortunately it’s no new information and actually contains no information if you read between the lines. It’s actually verbatim what they emailed me a week ago, so it’s just optics. I don’t know what could take 8 days to figure out, that they’ll still be able to figure out..

For ac88, if you put in like 10 btc, what is a max limit bet for major sports, and should I subscribe to all books?

littlekona

Yeah, unfortunately it’s no new information and actually contains no information if you read between the lines. It’s actually verbatim what they emailed me a week ago, so it’s just optics. I don’t know what could take 8 days to figure out, that they’ll still be able to figure out..

For ac88, if you put in like 10 btc, what is a max limit bet for major sports, and should I subscribe to all books?
    dude, seriously? no wonder you get red flagged something just aint right.....newbie to forum maybe even to sports betting going to drop 10BTC into a book like its an everyday thing asking silly questions....I would red flag you too as would most books.....Something definitely doesn't pass smell test here

degen1

Relax, I was just putting a round number as an example, and stupidity wouldn’t flag any red flags either

degen1

Why are you so offended by a pretty basic question about limits effectively, lol
    Points Awarded:

Jared Brooks gave degen1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Why is a third party flagging your account?

• Fairlay LLC does its utmost to ensure the privacy, confidentiality and security of its clients are preserved both throughout their interaction with the company and afterwards, to the fullest extent achievable by the company.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jared Brooks

degen1

That’s what I’m saying!!!

degen1

That’s actually a good point in the terms, thanks

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    dude, seriously? no wonder you get red flagged something just aint right.....newbie to forum maybe even to sports betting going to drop 10BTC into a book like its an everyday thing asking silly questions....I would red flag you too as would most books.....Something definitely doesn't pass smell test here
    Respectfully disagree, fairlay has taken massive bets. You can withdraw up to 5 BTC instantly, that’s nearly 60k in today money.

I personally just withdrew my balance yesterday and sold today but I am very keen on seeing how this plays out. I understand money laundering rules and it could definitely be the case here, but guy seems to have his shit together and previous history.

If you are a ultra rich person with a gambling habit, I would gamble only in bitcoin. That way every sports bet you make isn’t triggering a CTR and IRS comes knocking the first year out of 10 or so that you actually won.
    Points Awarded:

Jared Brooks gave eaglesfan371 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I voiced my opinion in the Fairlay chat. It isn’t worth much but you having betting history and no explanation for the hold, isn’t right. Who the heck are they regulated by, no one I thought.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Respectfully disagree, fairlay has taken massive bets. You can withdraw up to 5 BTC instantly, that’s nearly 60k in today money.

I personally just withdrew my balance yesterday and sold today but I am very keen on seeing how this plays out. I understand money laundering rules and it could definitely be the case here, but guy seems to have his shit together and previous history.

If you are a ultra rich person with a gambling habit, I would gamble only in bitcoin. That way every sports bet you make isn’t triggering a CTR and IRS comes knocking the first year out of 10 or so that you actually won.
    I agree with you. The OP signed up at SBR in 2018 even though he didn't start posting until today. Nothing in his posts seem to be contradictory.

There is no reason for Fairlay to keep his money. Just return the money and ban him if you don't want him playing there.

degen1

Thank you guys, your support is meaningful and I obviously agree. I think that your input means a lot regardless, bc I think at the end of day logic and even potentially legality is on our side and this is not a good look. I posted here seeking this support and potential leverage and am appreciative.

I’m confident that I did nothing wrong and I am confident they will do the right thing cause they have been legit. We also aren’t facing them when we place picks which is the reason I like them so much in the first place.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post

I hear ya but something triggered this as OP just seems off for such a high roller IMO....Fairlay just doesn’t randomly put a hold funds we all know this...

degen1

I hear ya but something triggered this as OP just seems off for such a high roller IMO....Fairlay just doesn’t randomly put a hold funds we all know this...
    I don’t know why you are so suspicious bc I was asking about betting limits based on an example I was throwing out, and also to be honest 10 btc deposit is not like the most ridiculous thing in the world. I don’t know what behavior a high roller may exhibit (not even saying I’m a high roller, maybe I have .01 btc) except maybe exactly what I’m doing i.e not normally perusing forums and not frequently posting complaints except egregious examples like this...your logic is way off and it’s insulting and directed.

Do you work for Fairlay?

littlekona

I don’t know why you are so suspicious bc I was asking about betting limits based on an example I was throwing out, and also to be honest 10 btc deposit is not like the most ridiculous thing in the world. I don’t know what behavior a high roller may exhibit (not even saying I’m a high roller, maybe I have .01 btc) except maybe exactly what I’m doing i.e not normally perusing forums and not frequently posting complaints except egregious examples like this...your logic is way off and it’s insulting and directed.

Do you work for Fairlay?
    Could be any book Just seems a bit odd so much btc throwing around from newbie....I’ like many here am on Fairlay daily and have never heard of any case outside the btc washing betg.....I hope it’s just some mix up and you get ure btc but still feel more to this....definitely am interested in outcome

degen1

Could be any book Just seems a bit odd so much btc throwing around from newbie....I’ like many here am on Fairlay daily and have never heard of any case outside the btc washing betg.....I hope it’s just some mix up and you get ure btc but still feel more to this....definitely am interested in outcome
    I’ll keep everyone posted here, but brother if you think points on here translate to newbiness or expertise in gambling, you got a whole world out there for you. Im as much suspicious as you are a shill for Fairlay, you’re a little too eager to defend and promote the exchange especially against me, who has advocated and also been quite fair to them even in this post, “IMO” as you say

raiders72001

He's VIP Level 5 which means he's putting in a lot of action. Why is a third party looking into his account? What would be one reason for Fairlay not paying?
    Last edited by raiders72001; 08-06-19 at 02:22 AM.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    He's VIP Level 5 which means he's putting in a lot of action. Why is a third party looking into his account? What would be one reason for Fairlay not paying?

Who knows...but it has to be something seious cause Fairlay is the fairest and has least complaints out of any btc book....im sure sbr and fairlay will post the resolution and reason once complete...hopefully OP is innocent and just got caught up in something like some of us did at 9wickets while back as Fairlay posts seem to like him and want him back as customer.... but we all know btc is traceable and we all know when books investigaion occur they dont provide much detail until completed...

raiders72001

Who knows...but it has to be something seious cause Fairlay is the fairest and has least complaints out of any btc book....im sure sbr and fairlay will post the resolution and reason once complete...hopefully OP is innocent and just got caught up in something like some of us did at 9wickets while back as Fairlay posts seem to like him and want him back as customer.... but we all know btc is traceable and we all know when books investigaion occur they dont provide much detail until completed...
    His last deposit came from an exchange.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    His last deposit came from an exchange.
    maybe that triggered this and they are the "3rd party"...maybe OP can clarify why such a high roller doesn't know btc gambling 101.....exchange to wallet to book

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

maybe that triggered this and they are the "3rd party"...maybe OP can clarify why such a high roller doesn't know btc gambling 101.....exchange to wallet to book
    Or maybe you just have no clue what you are talking about. You've posted 5-6 times in the thread and there is exactly nothing of essence just filler. Perhaps consider what you point is before posting the 7th time?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Or maybe you just have no clue what you are talking about. You've posted 5-6 times in the thread and there is exactly nothing of essence just filler. Perhaps consider what you point is before posting the 7th time?
    no one knows its all speculation...thanks for your contribution and making your own point

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

degen1 do you bet on other books.

Could be a case of books sharing data on clients. That could be your "3rd party".

dude, seriously? no wonder you get red flagged something just aint right.....newbie to forum maybe even to sports betting going to drop 10BTC into a book like its an everyday thing asking silly questions....I would red flag you too as would most books.....
    You realize nitrogensports betting limit for the 2018 NFL superbowl was 100 btc.

Imagine betting 100 btc as if it were an everyday thing. You have the audacity to call other people "newbie" too.

1234 ... Last