mosqueeto
    mosqueeto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Babibet

Requested a 700€ withdrawal, asked for documents of course, sent them, and no response for 2 weeks, email support is unresponsive, live chat also went offline since yesterday, is the bookie going down? Anyone is using them? Their website is still up and allowing deposits/betting.

Daddy89
    Im betting now! :)
    Daddy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

I tried to use the live chat but still offline.

mosqueeto

I tried to email them with a random question under a different email, got a response the same day, that means they read my emails and just ignore them, their phone support goes to voice mail. They still allow depositing, placing bets, but ignores you when you try to withdraw, don't know what to do from here.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

I would submit an SBR complaint. Why did you choose to play at a random book like that when there is a ton of excellent options ?

mosqueeto

Quote Originally Posted by baseballstud View Post
    I would submit an SBR complaint. Why did you choose to play at a random book like that when there is a ton of excellent options ?
    Already submitted 2 days ago.
    They were offering some good first deposit bonus and from the reviews I read on them, people were saying they are legit.

mosqueeto

What the f they inserted a fake -650€ loss into my bet history, this is actually insane, how is any of this legal??? They still aren't even answering my emails

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

Quote Originally Posted by mosqueeto View Post
    What the f they inserted a fake -650€ loss into my bet history, this is actually insane, how is any of this legal??? They still aren't even answering my emails
    Sent you a PM message

mosqueeto

I was shocked today they actually responded to me via live chat, after ignoring for 3 weeks.
    Basically they said "we actually weren't ignoring you, we sent the responses, but I'm not sure if they were delivered, I'm sorry the issue was on our end", like what? As if that's how emails work lmao.
    Then the guy went to my bet history to "check if everything is okay", and he said "I don't see anything unusual about the bet". So apparently after hundreds of 10€ - 50€ bets it's "nothing unusual" that out of nowhere I decided to cancel my withdrawal request that was sitting there for 2 weeks, and I dropped all my money on some Senegal-Uruguay football match. He even told me that the withdrawal request and bet was placed using my I.P. address, what a joke lmao. They are saying their "anti-fraud" department found no issues with my account, as if they even have an "anti-fraud" department, disgusting dirty thieves.
    Last edited by mosqueeto; 07-11-19 at 05:41 AM.

Optional

I was shocked today they actually responded to me via live chat, after ignoring for 3 weeks.
    Basically they said "we actually weren't ignoring you, we sent the responses, but I'm not sure if they were delivered, I'm sorry the issue was on our end", like what? As if that's how emails work lmao.
    Then the guy went to my bet history to "check if everything is okay", and he said "I don't see anything unusual about the bet". So apparently after hundreds of 10€ - 50€ bets it's "nothing unusual" that out of nowhere I decided to cancel my withdrawal request that was sitting there for 2 weeks, and I dropped all my money on some Senegal-Uruguay football match. He even told me that the withdrawal request and bet was placed using my I.P. address, what a joke lmao. They are saying their "anti-fraud" department found no issues with my account, as if they even have an "anti-fraud" department, disgusting dirty thieves.
    That's the same story they told us about a previous 18bet case.

We'll ask them for proof and have approached their technology provider to ask them about this pattern of player reports.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mosqueeto

KittiP
    KittiP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's the same story they told us about a previous 18bet case.

We'll ask them for proof and have approached their technology provider to ask them about this pattern of player reports.
    Did anything happen with this, or any other updates?

They seem to be playing the waiting game with me too.

mosqueeto

Quote Originally Posted by KittiP View Post

They seem to be playing the waiting game with me too.
    Not good. Is this on Babibet? Do they respond via live chat or email? To me at first it was "we have technical issues", then they stopped responding at all, until eventually I found a fake bet added and they suddenly started responding again.

KittiP

Not good. Is this on Babibet? Do they respond via live chat or email? To me at first it was "we have technical issues", then they stopped responding at all, until eventually I found a fake bet added and they suddenly started responding again.
    No, mine is with 18Bet, but in my thread people linked the cases and websites BabiBet, 1Bet and 18Bet.

They have ignored my email requesting ip login information, but I have got an email back from their licencor, basically repeating the same thing.

Passwords should be kept safe and I agreed to 18Bet's terms and conditions, so MGA (their licensor) cant help.

No further information was given and none of the requested data was provided.

KittiP

By this, I meant, did anything come back from their technology provider?

Optional

By this, I meant, did anything come back from their technology provider?
    No, but the CS manager is trying to say it's the players issue, not them.

We've gone back explaining the pattern, saying that is unlikely, and if they want to stay with that story please provide proof.

KittiP

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No, but the CS manager is trying to say it's the players issue, not them.

We've gone back explaining the pattern, saying that is unlikely, and if they want to stay with that story please provide proof.
    Ah okay, understandable response from your side and good on you guys for chasing them up

They could just decide to just ignore the emails and this point or keep repeating the same points, which is what I guess they will do, thoughts?

KittiP

By CS manager, does it mean customer service manager?

Optional

Yes CS = Customer Service manager. Not senior management usually.

They don't usually ignore us, but I do think we need to get to someone more senior to get further.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Wow crazy stuff! If the world can only support 3 gaming system where Sega, Nec, 3do, etc die, than how many gambling site can the world support? 1000? Nope, likely less than a dozen, the rest barely surviving and end up stealing?

1. open shop
    2. take deposit
    3. steal or close shop
    4. repeat #1 with good bonus?

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

How cs can help if they are only copy-paste staff

mosqueeto

It's funny how they tell me how I should have "protected my credentials", as if my account was hacked and the hacker placed a bet on my account, literally right after saying that the bets were placed using my I.P. address. I know even their customer service are aware that they are scammers, because they say that there is "nothing unusual" about my bet, apparently after a hundred of 10€-50€ bets, a withdrawal cancelation and a 650€ bet is "nothing unusual".

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

How many characters did your password have?

mosqueeto

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    How many characters did your password have?
    Why does it matter? Their passwords require capital letters. numbers. symbols, and even if someone brute force my password, they told me themselves that the bet was placed using my I.P. Address.

lonnie55

Why does it matter? Their passwords require capital letters. numbers. symbols, and even if someone brute force my password, they told me themselves that the bet was placed using my I.P. Address.
    It takes 0.25 seconds to hack a 5 letter password but 8263 years to hack a 12 character password, that's why.

If your password had 10+ letters it's almost impossible someone brute forced your PW. This would weaken the position of Babibet and MGA even further.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

It takes 0.25 seconds to hack a 5 letter password but 8263 years to hack a 12 character password, that's why.

If your password had 10+ letters it's almost impossible someone brute forced your PW. This would weaken the position of Babibet and MGA even further.
    Why even go that route when mosqueeto is not only one complain of 'losing bet' manually added, there is 5 other case that are similar? Cash out is delay, than cash out is cancel, than losing bet occurred until balance is virtual zero.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    Why even go that route when mosqueeto is not only one complain of 'losing bet' manually added, there is 5 other case that are similar? Cash out is delay, than cash out is cancel, than losing bet occurred until balance is virtual zero.
    Last sentence of post #23 -> This would weaken the position of Babibet and MGA even further.

MGA's standpoint right now sounds like "Why did you choose '12345' as your password? You better choose a safer one next time"

You would eliminate the (very unlikely but not impossible) option that all 5 users have been hacked due to weak password.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Last sentence of post #23 -> This would weaken the position of Babibet and MGA even further.

MGA's standpoint right now sounds like "Why did you choose '12345' as your password? You better choose a safer one next time"

You would eliminate the (very unlikely but not impossible) option that all 5 users have been hacked due to weak password.
    Not necessarily. He could have his login written down on a post it note stuck to his computer monitor at work. He might have sent his login to himself in an unsecured email. He may have left himself logged in at Startbucks while he went to drop a deuce. Perhaps he fell victim to a successful phishing attempt. There are countless ways one can fail to secure their login details. Having a weak password is just a tiny fraction of possible attack vectors.

I agree this isnt't the best path to go down. It does very little to help and only serves to legitimize the story they are putting forward. This should be about their actions and/or what they are doing to help their customers figure out what happened. There is a pattern here, and they have a duty to explain what is going on.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 07-27-19 at 03:32 PM.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Not necessarily. He could have his login written down on a post it note stuck to his computer monitor at work. He might have sent his login to himself in an unsecured email. He may have left himself logged in at Startbucks while he went to drop a deuce. Perhaps he fell victim to a successful phishing attempt. There are countless ways one can fail to secure their login details. Having a weak password is just a tiny fraction of possible attack vectors.
    5 different customers wrote down their login on a post it note stuck to their computer monitor at work within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers have sent their login to themselves in an unsecured email within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers have left themselves logged in at Starbucks while they went to drop a deuce within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers fell victim to a successful phishing attempt within a time frame of 2 weeks?

These incidents with 18bet, Babibet and 1bet happened more or less simultaneously. The only logical option I could think of would be that the customers had weak passwords which got hacked by a troll that had fun to give people a bad time. If you eliminate this option by proving that the passwords were strong the book completely loses its argument.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

5 different customers wrote down their login on a post it note stuck to their computer monitor at work within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers have sent their login to themselves in an unsecured email within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers have left themselves logged in at Starbucks while they went to drop a deuce within a time frame of 2 weeks?

5 different customers fell victim to a successful phishing attempt within a time frame of 2 weeks?

These incidents with 18bet, Babibet and 1bet happened more or less simultaneously. The only logical option I could think of would be that the customers had weak passwords which got hacked by a troll that had fun to give people a bad time. If you eliminate this option by proving that the passwords were strong the book completely loses its argument.
    Of course not. It can be any combination of the above, along with the many dozens of other common security failures. If you tell this book that the passwords aren't weak, that's not going to stop them from saying the customer is at fault for not keeping their login secure. You've only covered a tiny percent of possibilities. Don't get caught in that game of trying to prove a negative. It's impossible.

Focus on the pattern, which shows this isn't random and requires an explanation.

mosqueeto

As I said their passwords require capital letters, numbers and symbols, which already make the password impossible to brute force. And what kind of hacker would hack accounts just to place bets? And how good the hacker must be at sports betting to place bets on all losing outcomes?

He could have his login written down on a post it note stuck to his computer monitor at work. Perhaps he fell victim to a successful phishing attempt.
    I freelance as dev from home, never written password on a paper, never stuck anything on a monitor and I am experienced about net safety.

He might have sent his login to himself in an unsecured email.
    Who even does that

He may have left himself logged in at Startbucks while he went to drop a deuce.
    ??? That's somehow even more ridiculous than sending passwords via email, and of course I've never logged in anywhere outside my home.

After all, as I said already, they told me "anti-fraud department has confirmed the bets were placed your I.P. Address", but you and Babibet support keep going about "account security", which makes no sense.
    Last edited by mosqueeto; 07-28-19 at 01:48 AM.

piterp

All this mythical hackers connected with special line to bookmaker waiting day and night to attack people who make withdrawn from 18bet and their clones

lonnie55

As I said their passwords require capital letters, numbers and symbols, which already make the password impossible to brute force.
    Nope. Still 0.25 seconds for a 5 character password if you use 52 signs per character.

Anyway, you didn't get my point.

I actually was trying to help you because it's obvious that 18bet/Babibet/1bet are lying respectively hiding something and a strong password would weaken their position even further. But the fact that you dodge the question could mean that your password indeed had only 5 or 6 characters which actually would weaken your position a little bit, not saying that 18bet/Babibet/1bet or MGA have a legit point in their argumentation. It was just about eliminating options.

piterp

strong position or weaker dont make difference because mga allways take book side

mosqueeto

Nope. Still 0.25 seconds for a 5 character password if you use 52 signs per character.

Anyway, you didn't get my point.

I actually was trying to help you because it's obvious that 18bet/Babibet/1bet are lying respectively hiding something and a strong password would weaken their position even further. But the fact that you dodge the question could mean that your password indeed had only 5 or 6 characters which actually would weaken your position a little bit, not saying that 18bet/Babibet/1bet or MGA have a legit point in their argumentation. It was just about eliminating options.
    Thanks for "trying to help eliminating the option of me having a weak password", which would mean that there is a hacker, that hacks into peoples accounts, places bets somehow on losing outcomes as if he was a godlike bettor, bookies must love that guy.

So many wrong things about your post, literally after saying that the bets were placed using mt I.P. Address, why in the world are you going off about the the brute forcing theories? You think a bookmaker has such a poor security that allows brute forcing? Or their security is also so bad because he also had to get into their db to match my ip on those bets? But then why would my password matter if he has access to their db? I can list 20 reasons why you aren't making any sense but I guess you just didn't read the part where I said that they told me the bets were placed from my ip address, and just started going off about weak passwords.
    Last edited by mosqueeto; 07-28-19 at 10:56 AM.

lonnie55

when they literally said the bets were placed using my I.P. Address
    I know but I don't think they will stick to that version because it's killing options for them. Either 5 different customers from 5 different regions in the world are lying at the same time or 18bet is lying. What is more likely? So I think it was rather a hasty answer by first level support and a higher level manager will overturn the story at a later point. If they say it were other IPs than the customers used before they would create options for themselves and 'strengthen' their position a bit.

BTW have they already provided you or SBR with a screenshot from their system like that? They did that in previous cases which were about bonus abuse: https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...l#post28147524

mosqueeto

I know but I don't think they will stick to that version because it's killing options for them. Either 5 different customers from 5 different regions in the world are lying at the same time or 18bet is lying. What is more likely? So I think it was rather a hasty answer by first level support and a higher level manager will overturn the story at a later point. If they say it were other IPs than the customers used before they would create options for themselves and 'strengthen' their position a bit.

BTW have they already provided you or SBR with a screenshot from their system like that? They did that in previous cases which were about bonus abuse: https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...l#post28147524

Can you tell me why would there be 5 customers wasting their time on forums complaining with made up stories? I was wondering about that and couldn't come up with anything. And yes 5 customers at the same time coming out with the same very specific fraudulent complaints is more convincing than anything else.
    I already mentioned in the thread but I guess you didn't read it, this is what their support said: "Anti-fraud department mentioned that the IP that has logged in, cancelled the withdrawal request and placed the bet is x".
    I guess there is a "higher manager" than their anti-fraud department and they will overturn their own story? If they actually came out saying "our anti-fraud department made a mistake and the bets were actually placed from a different ip address", then I think they would burn themselves even harder.
    And no I haven't received any screenshots.

12 Last