lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    Hi Lonnie, regarding taxes, have you ever consulted an accountant or attorney to make sure you aren't going to be contacted by tax regularities some day and can do with your bet winnings whatever you want? I withdraw 4 digits every other week to my bank account but I stay a little afraid regarding the question if everythings fine with it.
    Yes, I tried but all the lawyers I've contacted so far were not able or not willing to answer my questions. They said they had practical experiences but I had doubts. And what I don't need is a consulting on a theoratical basis but practical experiences in dealing with financial authorities and/or courts.

to make sure you aren't going to be contacted by tax regularities some day
    Well, that's the risk I have to deal with. I know professional sports bettors who do it for years and centuries, one of them is pretty popular and did interviews in the past, but not even he has ever been contacted by a financial authority regarding taxes.

The only thing I can do is building up adequate financial reserves so I can pay all potential debts and a lawyer when the day arrives.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flobot

flobot
    flobot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Let's hope there will be a fair legal framework in the future...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Reported Rates So Far

Spain 30% - thebaibol
    Spain 0% to 50% - ZAMAZA
    Spain 0% to 47% - tingasdt

Russia 13% - craftbrewer

Canada 0% - newton0038, LLXC, xKMACKx

USA 20-30% - eaglesfan371

UK 0% - HeeeHAWWWW

Poland 12% - VladimirDM
    Poland 0% - pythonic

Germany 5% - VladimirDM
    Germany 0% - lonnie55, pythonic

Ukraine 0% - VladimirDM

Chile 0% - robixon71

Morocco 0% - enzo

Netherlands 29% - MLBfan88

Italy 0% - yiyang

Australia 0% - Optional

New Zealand 0%

Norway 27% on wins over 100.000 NOK - thebaibol

Sweden 0% if book holds local license - caramba

Ghana 0% - lucykray

UglyTruth777
    UglyTruth777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4840

LATVIA - 23% for winning over 3000 Eur

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

I can't talk for every country, but imo sports betting is meant to be recreational so it's not covered thoroughly enough in laws. Even when laws mention income through sports betting there's often too much certainty when it comes to tax related matters. Even lawyers will often not be able to give you a definite answer, they can give their opinion on how they read the law, but that doesn't mean court will view it the same way. As far as court rulings go, there were a few for poker in Sweden, none for sports betting. But the law has been changed since so not sure how much relevance even these poker rulings have. But I remember one poker player that argued he should be allowed to deduct losses from poker company b from his winnings from poker company a and only pay tax on his actual profit, but the court didn't rule in his favor.

First 123