bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Help with a couple of super bowl prop bets grading (anyone have a recording?)

First off I recorded the replay on NFL network. But some parts were clearly edited so if anyone has the original recording, that would be better! Thanks in advance for anyone who can tell me what the winners of these 2 prop bets should be.

Bet #1 Super Bowl - Mention Belichick and McVay Age Gap. Yes or no?

The main time in question is at the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter when the are back from commercial break (after the touchdown). There is talk involving the 2 coaches. Does this qualify as discussing the age gap?

Contest Notes:Kickoff until final whistle, Halftime does not count towards wager. Book Manager decision is final

Bet #2 Super Bowl - Bon Jovi Shown on During Live Broadcast . Yes or no?

The main time in question is if he was shown at the 2 minute warning of the 1st half (with a shot of robert kraft). This is totally edited out of my version I have, so can anyone confirm or deny if he was actually shown then?

Contest Notes:Kickoff until final whistle, Halftime does not count towards wager, Book Manager decision is final, live shots only

prior22usaf
    prior22usaf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 603

Hey man, yeah I took a look at my recorded version, and...

Believe it or not, Bon Jovi is shown on cam on return from the 2-minute warning. It actually was a shot of Kraft. The commentators didn't speak at all about Bon Jovi, but his face was shown for a split second sitting right behind Kraft.

At the 7 min. mark of the 4th quarter, Nance and Romo did talk talk about how Bellicheck was looking to be the oldest coach to win a Super Bowl and how Mcvay was looking to be the youngest.

So, I'd say yes on both bets. Hope that helps and Hope you ended up cashing.
    Points Awarded:

bubba gave prior22usaf 26 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by prior22usaf View Post
    Hey man, yeah I took a look at my recorded version, and...

Believe it or not, Bon Jovi is shown on cam on return from the 2-minute warning. It actually was a shot of Kraft. The commentators didn't speak at all about Bon Jovi, but his face was shown for a split second sitting right behind Kraft.

At the 7 min. mark of the 4th quarter, Nance and Romo did talk talk about how Bellicheck was looking to be the oldest coach to win a Super Bowl and how Mcvay was looking to be the youngest.

So, I'd say yes on both bets. Hope that helps and Hope you ended up cashing.
    Thanks so much for that info!

bubba

Unfortunately lowvig has ruled both these wagers as "no" being the winner. Jon Bon jovi was not shown on the screen and age gap was never mentioned. I have pinpointed the exact times for them to look at and begged them for an explanation. I have gotten virtually no answer other than "management decision is final" and "halftime does not apply".

Very frustrating experience. I can live with being wrong about these but I feel its unfair not to tell me WHY I am wrong here about these wagers.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Just after the kickoff with 7 mins to go they say;

"Again, the two coaches. You got Belichick the first to win 5, trying to make it 6, trying to become the oldest to ever win a Superbowl. Going against the guy that everybody went at that had a job opening this year trying to find the next Sean McVeigh, 33 year old celebrated a birthday a couple days after the NFC championship win in New Orleans trying to become the youngest to ever hoist the Lombardi trophy"

I guess it is subjective if that is considered "mentioning the age gap". :\

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Just after the kickoff with 7 mins to go they say;

"Again, the two coaches. You got Belichick the first to win 5, trying to make it 6, trying to become the oldest to ever win a Superbowl. Going against the guy that everybody went at that had a job opening this year trying to find the next Sean McVeigh, 33 year old celebrated a birthday a couple days after the NFC championship win in New Orleans trying to become the youngest to ever hoist the Lombardi trophy"

I guess it is subjective if that is considered "mentioning the age gap". :\
    How would you grade it?

I just wish they acknowledge that they watched the tape and came to that conclusion. Every email response from them (every day or 2) makes me feel like they have not put much thought into there decision. I have severe doubts they watched the tape at the times in mention. If they did, the jon bon jovi wager would be properly graded by now (or id be given an explanation at least).

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post

How would you grade it?

I just wish they acknowledge that they watched the tape and came to that conclusion. Every email response from them (every day or 2) makes me feel like they have not put much thought into there decision. I have severe doubts they watched the tape at the times in mention. If they did, the jon bon jovi wager would be properly graded by now (or id be given an explanation at least).
    They dont actually talk about "the gap" I guess if they want to be technical, but yeah, I'd pay you based on the oldest/youngest reference. I think you have a better argument than a NO bettor would have against a win grade for you.

I can't find a full replay on youtube that includes the split second bit of JBJ coming back from the ad break. But maybe someone with it taped will load that bit onto Youtube if they read this...

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Never bet these kind of props. All subjective and up to the books discretion

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They dont actually talk about "the gap" I guess if they want to be technical, but yeah, I'd pay you based on the oldest/youngest reference. I think you have a better argument than a NO bettor would have against a win grade for you.

I can't find a full replay on youtube that includes the split second bit of JBJ coming back from the ad break. But maybe someone with it taped will load that bit onto Youtube if they read this...
    You would think they already have a recording of the game. Although maybe not having one is the reason they are unable to provide me with a reasonable explanation.

My mistake betting these and trusting them to grade these fairly (without hassle). Live and learn.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Unfortunately lowvig has ruled both these wagers as "no" being the winner. Jon Bon jovi was not shown on the screen and age gap was never mentioned. I have pinpointed the exact times for them to look at and begged them for an explanation. I have gotten virtually no answer other than "management decision is final" and "halftime does not apply".

Very frustrating experience. I can live with being wrong about these but I feel its unfair not to tell me WHY I am wrong here about these wagers.
    No shock whatsoever to hear this is at lowvig, part of the betonline family. They are NOTORIOUS for this kind of thing on props. They grade to whatever benefits their side. PLENTY of clear cut “by the book” cases are reported on here where
    anyone with half a brain can see was graded wrong and they are fishing for an angle. Many times they will fix it, but its abundantly clear what they do. They take the funds and have the customer jump through hoops talking to robot cs agents and get nowhere. Either the player gives up as they think they have no recourse (90%) or its posted here, they fix it (sometimes) and they look good for fixing a problem. Win/win for them.
    Last edited by rangerz2478; 02-11-19 at 12:31 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Bubba...

I do remember on the Live feed.... Bon Jovi was in the picture. So, you should get a win for that.

The only issue with the "age gap" with McVay and Belichick. Most books for that prop.... said the announcers must say 33 years apart. Or mention one was 33 years old... and the other was 66.... same sequence.

So I don't recall the audio feed that mentions that.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Shouldnt age gap be when they precise age difference,age gap is not mentioning 1 is young and other is old.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Bubba...

I do remember on the Live feed.... Bon Jovi was in the picture. So, you should get a win for that.

The only issue with the "age gap" with McVay and Belichick. Most books for that prop.... said the announcers must say 33 years apart. Or mention one was 33 years old... and the other was 66.... same sequence.

So I don't recall the audio feed that mentions that.
    I agree its debatable. I'd like to hear there stance. Considering yes was a big favorite, I'd think mentioning both coaches as oldest and youngest within 5 seconds should count but I agree its subjective. If they needed the number "33 "or word "gap" to 100% be mentioned, it should have said so in the ticket imo.

Bon Jovi wise- it's just embarrassing by customer service that I tell them the exact time on clock and get nowhere.

These wagers are pretty small compared to my overall balance. It's as much principal at this point. I'm just asking for an explanation. I'm just asking them to watch the replay at the times I have pinpointed for them. . I have severe doubts they have.

Optional

If we can find a clip, I am sure SBR will speak to management if they still don't re-grade that JBJ one for you.

Anyone?

dlknfdslknfdlskn
    dlknfdslknfdlskn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

OP, saw you reply to my thread. Decided to screen grab for you:
    https://imgur.com/a/NNPXWVe
    Last edited by dlknfdslknfdlskn; 04-17-19 at 03:52 PM.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by dlknfdslknfdlskn View Post
    wow, thanks for that. i cant see how they could deny any longer after seeing that but i dont currently have the time or energy to deal with their customer service right now.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by dlknfdslknfdlskn View Post
    OP, saw you reply to my thread. Decided to screen grab for you:
    https://imgur.com/a/NNPXWVe
    good work guy
    wow, thanks for that. i cant see how they could deny any longer after seeing that but i dont currently have the time or energy to deal with their customer service right now.
    why dont you let sbr handle it

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

That bom jovi bet is defintely a winner based on that image. Idk about the age one. Could go both ways

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    good work guy

why dont you let sbr handle it
    I find it sad that a 3rd party would be needed to get this rectified.

This is the last I heard from them on the matter a few months ago after a long back and forth (by back and forth it means me sending and email, them taking 2 days to respond, my replying right back and then another 24-48 hours for each response) even linking this thread. I dont think they are intentionally thieves, i just think they dont know what they are doing.

"We certainly understand your concern in regards of your wager claim. We would like to inform you that unfortunately, no changes will be made, Book Management's decision is final.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences."

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Submit a claim with SBR. Provide your betslip and ALL supporting evidence in the initial claim.

They were able to get an error ticket graded correctly for someone for 2k on Bovada this week. They have a good relationship with them.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

I find it sad that a 3rd party would be needed to get this rectified.

This is the last I heard from them on the matter a few months ago after a long back and forth (by back and forth it means me sending and email, them taking 2 days to respond, my replying right back and then another 24-48 hours for each response) even linking this thread. I dont think they are intentionally thieves, i just think they dont know what they are doing.

"We certainly understand your concern in regards of your wager claim. We would like to inform you that unfortunately, no changes will be made, Book Management's decision is final.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences."
    They know exactly what they are doing.