EveryNight
    EveryNight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Careful when betting at Bookmaker's unpredictable scammy site

I was trying to bet on the Dodgers tonight. The line was moving like crazy. I loaded it into my bet slip, and it moves. I remove the bet. I load it again when it gets to +110. Again when I go to bet it, I get a bright yellow notice that the line has changed, and I remove it. This happened 3 separate times in a span of 4 minutes -- the first time it was 6:39, and I finally made my bet at 6:42.

At 6:42, it was again +110. I loaded it into my betslip, and I submitted the bet. No yellow notice, no line change.

Next thing I see it in my pending bet slip, already submitted, but the line shows +104. But I made it at +110.

I called customer service and the guy pretty much told me to get lost. Didn't have any interest in hearing me out. I'm a guy who has lost about $25k there betting the past few months. I know what I'm doing. No complaints from me, until what happened tonight -- it just wasn't fair. It's the principle. Can't have a system screwing over players. And the problem, is if there is an error, you won't get any sympathy.

So the moral of the story? Be very careful betting there. They are probably best avoided altogether. There are better books. 5dimes, BetOnline, GT Bets, YouWager...stay away from Bookmaker.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

if this was live bet, please shut up and don't post nonsense again.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave danwinkler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VegasPackerFan
    VegasPackerFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

By far the best book available to US players. Ignore this clown

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

I'm a guy who has lost about $25k there betting the past few months. I know what I'm doing.

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9896

That's not fair. They've had some issues with the upgrading of their real-time betslip. This sounds like one of those.

I'd ask them to honor the +110 given what you said.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Trying to get a live bet in quickly at bookmaker has always been tricky. I usually have to wait till commerical break.
    Points Awarded:

SnakesPicks gave LLXC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

Quote Originally Posted by EveryNight View Post
    I was trying to bet on the Dodgers tonight. The line was moving like crazy. I loaded it into my bet slip, and it moves. I remove the bet. I load it again when it gets to +110. Again when I go to bet it, I get a bright yellow notice that the line has changed, and I remove it. This happened 3 separate times in a span of 4 minutes -- the first time it was 6:39, and I finally made my bet at 6:42.

At 6:42, it was again +110. I loaded it into my betslip, and I submitted the bet. No yellow notice, no line change.

Next thing I see it in my pending bet slip, already submitted, but the line shows +104. But I made it at +110.

I called customer service and the guy pretty much told me to get lost. Didn't have any interest in hearing me out. I'm a guy who has lost about $25k there betting the past few months. I know what I'm doing. No complaints from me, until what happened tonight -- it just wasn't fair. It's the principle. Can't have a system screwing over players. And the problem, is if there is an error, you won't get any sympathy.

So the moral of the story? Be very careful betting there. They are probably best avoided altogether. There are better books. 5dimes, BetOnline, GT Bets, YouWager...stay away from Bookmaker.

The line was never +110 pre-game. This was at 6:42pm ET?

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by jackbo View Post
    I'm a guy who has lost about $25k there betting the past few months. I know what I'm doing.
    Most would argue the opposite.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

You can check accept any line move. In mlb if your willing to accept small adjustments yhsy would work

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

I have had this issue at times with bet slip.

Lines sometimes move in the bet slip.

It should never happen and it is a glitch.

If a line moves just as you are hitting the place bet box, you should be alerted.

Instead sometimes it goes through at a way worse number

I have been burned a few times because of this.

I have had to go back to classic interface for now.

I hope they fix this issue.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GradyFuson

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

funny guy

Bookmaker outstanding

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

25 thousand? Are you sure you know what your doing? Bookmaker one of the best ever. Maybe it's time to find a new job or something if your losing 25 thousand in a few months dam.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackerFan View Post
    By far the best book available to US players. Ignore this clown
    This^^

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

This exact thing happened to me tonight.

Loaded the bet slip, hit confirm and the confirmed slip came up green with odds 6 cents worse than what my original betslip had.

This is absolute BS. I know BM is probably the best book out there right now, but their softwared is f'd. I got CS on chat and they repeatedly told me that there is no glitch and that the bet that was accepted was the bet that I made. Obviously on the books end there is no glitch. From what they see there is no glitch otherwise BM would have fixed it by now, but I'm 100% certain that the bet I was charged with was 6 cents worse than what my bet slip said when I hit the "place bet" button.

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    The line was never +110 pre-game. This was at 6:42pm ET?
    I remember the Dodger game going to +110 for a split second pre-game.

My bet on SNF tonight did the same thing.
    Last edited by GradyFuson; 10-21-18 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Clarifying

VegasPackerFan
    VegasPackerFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are these guys seriously complaining about in game lines changing in the bet slip? Would you rather have it let you attempt to bet the wrong odds, give you an error, then have to remove it and add it back and rebet? Doesn't sound like a glitch to me, sounds like an enhancement.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

No one is talking about in game/live betting.

This is a serious problem with the new bet slip system they have. Hopefully they resolve it soon or it will be tough to bet there any longer.

BAUS

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.
    SnakesPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear ya Jack Boy. What's he know how to do? He knows how to bleed? lol Keep it simple OP and limit your number of picks. Don't chase it. Good luck to ya.

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackerFan View Post
    Are these guys seriously complaining about in game lines changing in the bet slip? Would you rather have it let you attempt to bet the wrong odds, give you an error, then have to remove it and add it back and rebet? Doesn't sound like a glitch to me, sounds like an enhancement.
    Pre game

If the odds change for the the worse the bet should be rejected not accepted at the worse odds. My bet slip displayed +101 when I submitted the pre-game bet and it was accepted at -105. Even in-game this would be unacceptable.

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Trying to get a live bet in quickly at bookmaker has always been tricky. I usually have to wait till commerical break.
    ^ For sure that. It is always sketchy as fukk trying to lock a line in live. Especially basketball. Commercial breaks can be tricky too, especially if the book takes it's time posting the line.

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    ^ For sure that. It is always sketchy as fukk trying to lock a line in live. Especially basketball. Commercial breaks can be tricky too, especially if the book takes it's time posting the line.

Sorry for double post. I'm a little baked.
    Last edited by SnakesPicks; 10-22-18 at 12:54 AM. Reason: A little baked.

Barrakuda

Having some issues with the bet slip as well. It would reject, saying line had changed, but then show the same line. This was pre-game betting in NFL. Line was not moving. Some kind of a bug.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14038

management sucks at bookmaker. no issues and everything is great. if you have an issue and have to speak to management, that's when you find out they suck. would never play there again. they won't listen to reason, or you.

FullStrength
    FullStrength's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1462

I use 5Dimes, Bovada, and BetOnline. 5Dimes for around 12 years. I guess they don't have to accept anyone's wager whenever they feel like it. But if your a guy that lost that much there, I don't know why they wouldn't. Thanks for the info about Bookmaker.

Daddy89
    Im betting now! :)
    Daddy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

Good one!

luckyplayer3
    luckyplayer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

That sort of line movement comes with the territory when you are trying to get in a quick bet while the game is going on, trust me it works both ways take it from my experience sometimes you get a better price than what you wanted as well. From my experience dealing with bookmaker if is truly a bad line they will refund you the money, one time I got stuck with a really bad line during NBA live betting and they were very responsive and voided my wager within 10 minutes of me alerting them of the situation and credited back the funds to my account

EveryNight

To be clear, the game had not started yet. This was not live betting.

Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    That's not fair. They've had some issues with the upgrading of their real-time betslip. This sounds like one of those.

I'd ask them to honor the +110 given what you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I have had this issue at times with bet slip.

Lines sometimes move in the bet slip.

It should never happen and it is a glitch.

If a line moves just as you are hitting the place bet box, you should be alerted.

Instead sometimes it goes through at a way worse number

I have been burned a few times because of this.

I have had to go back to classic interface for now.

I hope they fix this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post

This exact thing happened to me tonight.

Loaded the bet slip, hit confirm and the confirmed slip came up green with odds 6 cents worse than what my original betslip had.
    Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    My bet on SNF tonight did the same thing.
    Having some issues with the bet slip as well. It would reject, saying line had changed, but then show the same line. This was pre-game betting in NFL. Line was not moving. Some kind of a bug.
    So seems I'm not the only one to have this issue.

I had obviously expected that if the line had changed, then Bookmaker would not accept the bet and would instead ask if I would like to take the bet at the new line.

Interesting to see if SBR will go to bat for us here. The change in the line cost me $188.70 when the bet went on to win. Would love to see the bet honored at the actual line I took it at.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GradyFuson

Barrakuda

Why does Bookmaker not have a confirmation dialog any more? Makes no sense.

GradyFuson

Why does Bookmaker not have a confirmation dialog any more? Makes no sense.
    Most players wouldn't want 2nd chance for the line to move and not get the number they want. A confirmation page wouldn't solve this issue, because their "place bet" is the confirmation.

But you can still use their classic website for that if you want it.

Frank

It's a real issue and they have been told by numerous clients and are ignoring them.

If you add a selection to the bet slip at a certain price it should stay at that price and then be rejected if it moves at all either way and ask if you still want the selection at the new number.

Instead, it is moving prices while in the bet slip, which should never happen.

For anyone who doesn't understand, add the MLB game to your bet slip and sit there and watch the number bounce all over.

EveryNight

We've got five separate people in this thread saying they've encountered the same Mickey Mouse error. When I called, got some Costa Rican prick telling me to get lost. No comment from anyone at SBR on the matter.

That is the absolute state of offshore right now.

Who is going to put up with this when the legal, regulated books open up?

The train is running off the tracks and SBR is asleep at the wheel.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

We've got five separate people in this thread saying they've encountered the same Mickey Mouse error. When I called, got some Costa Rican prick telling me to get lost. No comment from anyone at SBR on the matter.

the question is whether or not this is an error

i prefer the line moving in the bet slip, then i can keep an nba team in the bet slip and one-click it on a change... otherwise by the time i add it to the bet slip and then enter $ amount and click ok, the price is likely to be gone

EveryNight

The problem is that the line can change at the exact moment that you click the button to bet, and you are given no warning. You aren't asked if you still want the bet at the worse line. You just get it at the bad line. That sucks.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

You've got at least 3 versions of what the "problem" is in this thread. No one has backed up your version of events of being caught out all the time in the millisecond between you trying to click at a price and having it suddenly change in the time between your thought and the actual click.

Sounds like Bookmaker considers this a new feature, not a bug.

Use the classic interface if you dont like it.

Frank

Post #32 is the exact problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You've got at least 3 versions of what the "problem" is in this thread. No one has backed up your version of events of being caught out all the time in the millisecond between you trying to click at a price and having it suddenly change in the time between your thought and the actual click.

Sounds like Bookmaker considers this a new feature, not a bug.

Use the classic interface if you dont like it.

12 Last