1. #1
    Omaha Capper
    Omaha Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-17
    Posts: 6
    Betpoints: 54

    What do you think the approx daily handle is for the big A+ books?

    Iíve googled around out of curiosity to no luck. Things will obviously be a bit slower this time of year without footballl and basketball but Iím talking your typical day. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 35,524
    Betpoints: 4283

    More than one smaller book has told me they have daily handles in the millions.

    I'd guess the turnover would be mind boggling at places like 5Dimes and Bookmaker.

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-0-1 453 pts

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #3
    Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-15
    Posts: 1,417
    Betpoints: 626

    At Pinnacle, I often bet something and instantly rebet it. There are only 1 or 2secs between those bets but the bet ticket number is 10 to 30 numbers apart...meaning they take (in the busy season) thousands of bets an hour. I'd guess their turnover runs in the billions a year.

    Even now the numbers are 2 to 8 numbers apart after only a few seconds.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-1-1 198 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018


  4. #4
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,806
    Betpoints: 54

    massive

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  5. #5
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 777
    Betpoints: 3931

    IBC had 45 billion annual turnover back in 2011

    With the global betting market massively increasing since then it must be something like 70+

  6. #6
    HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-13-08
    Posts: 5,187
    Betpoints: 254

    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    IBC had 45 billion annual turnover back in 2011
    With the global betting market massively increasing since then it must be something like 70+
    Read somewhere it was thought to be over 100 now. 2 bill a week!

  7. #7
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 777
    Betpoints: 3931

    Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Read somewhere it was thought to be over 100 now. 2 bill a week!
    I just remember this article from 2011: http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-80362919.html

    Since then I never found any news which mentioned concrete figures about the Asian betting market. Only an insider or whistleblower could know.

  8. #8
    pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-20-16
    Posts: 227
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    At Pinnacle, I often bet something and instantly rebet it. There are only 1 or 2secs between those bets but the bet ticket number is 10 to 30 numbers apart...meaning they take (in the busy season) thousands of bets an hour. I'd guess their turnover runs in the billions a year.

    Even now the numbers are 2 to 8 numbers apart after only a few seconds.
    This is the way to reverse engineer it.

    Problem is, it's almost impossible to know what the average bet is. I'd guess the average bet is $30 and the median bet is $15? Lot of poor losers out there haha
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/22/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/11/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-1-1 272 pts


Top