ipaorange
    ipaorange's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

GTBet STOLE 18k FROM ME

I made my official complaint to SBR on April 17th but have not heard back from anyone so I am asking for advice on here. I accidentally opened an account in my girlfriends name. It sounds crazy I know but I was using her computer and email because I was locked out of mine from it being broken. I entered my name but when I entered her email it auto-filled in her name after I had already put in mine. I had no idea of this until it came time to make a withdrawal and then the confusion began. She has never had an account before and neither had I. When I tried to explain what happened to them they gave me the run around and never allowed me to speak to a manager. I have a long email chain proving that I never knew of this error. They called it fraud and "confiscated" my winnings of about $18,000. There was nothing malicious here. I made an innocent mistake. I will attach a copy of my complaint which explains in more detail. I understand that I made the mistake but these books are not accountable to anyone and it's not right.

I opened my account at GTbets on 5/23/17. After making hundreds of bets, taking a large loss and making multiple $10,000 deposits, I was finally up. At this time on 3/5/18 they limited my action from $1,000 to $100. I decided to close my account and withdraw my money. After the first withdrawal request of $5,000 on 3/6/18 they asked for my documents via email on 3/7/18 and I sent them a copy of my Nevada drivers license that day. On 3/8/18 they said they received the documents and the payment will be processed. Then on 3/9/18 they said they need to rectify on the email and asked for my girlfriends documents. On 3/11/18 I asked why and on 3/12/18 they said the account was in a different name. I used my girlfriends email when opening the account so I believed they meant that the account was in a different name than the email being used. Lisa sent her documents on 3/13/18 and on 3/14/18 they said a manager will review them and process the payment later that day. Two days later on 3/16/18 I received the payment via BTC. On 3/26/18 I requested another $5,000 withdrawal. The same day they sent me an email asking for my BTC address which I sent to them. On 3/28 I tried to go into my account to check on my withdrawal and found my account had been closed. I did a live chat with Franklyn to ask what was going on and at this time he said management had closed my account and my last deposit had been refunded. But those were withdrawals that I initiated, not refunds. I said I need to speak to a manager and he said there was not one on duty but he would email him and they would get back to me regarding the remaining funds. The following day on 3/29/18 Franklyn emailed me stating my account had been closed due to fraudulent handling and my remaining funds have been confiscated. At that time I realized that what may have happened was that my account was accidentally opened in my girlfriends name. I used her computer because mine was broken and I used her email because I did not have the password to mine. I typed in my name but when I typed in her email the auto-fill must have changed my name to hers. I even tried this on their site and it is possible. I asked if that is what happened and they said that it was. The account was actually in Lisa’s name. I explained what happened to GT and asked how it constituted as fraud. They responded saying that I decided to use my girlfriends email and documents to open the account and because of that it was fraud. I had several email interactions each time being responded to by a different person who had no idea what was going on. I asked multiple times to speak with someone from management so I could explain exactly what happened and that it was just a simple mistake from using an unfamiliar machine, not a fraudulent act. If I were trying to fool them I could have just sent her documents in the first place. I was confused and had no idea the account was opened in Lisa's name. I chose RyanGT22 as my username. By my records I am still owed $18,936. I have sent multiple emails and live chatted with Franklyn several times. Each time I was dismissed and shut down with them saying that the decision was made by management and is final. At no time was I ever contacted by a manager or put into contact with one as I asked. I just wanted to explain what happened and get the money that is owed to me. Nobody would listen. It was a stupid mistake that I take responsibility for. It was not fraud. My deposits total $22,909 and at the very least the remainder should be refunded. To date I have received $9,909. There has been at least $100,000 of action in the account.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I accidentally created an account with my girlfriend's name......is the last sentence I read of your ridiculous post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: UglyTruth777

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13779

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    I accidentally created an account with my girlfriend's name......is the last sentence I read of your ridiculous post
    Yeah. I don't think anything else matters. You did whatever you did deliberately. GTBets cracks down on their bonus abuse hardcore.

GL getting your money.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

I'd guess the person that vetted the complaint didn't get past the accidentally created the account in GF name bit either.

I'll ask my manager to look for it, but realistically it only comes down to if they believe you or not. SBR can't vouch for you or tell them what to believe.

Yjacket22``
    Yjacket22``'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2295

I can't see what difference it makes WHO you put the account name in?? I mean when the money for wagering is deposited up front prior to wagering its impossible to stiff a book. Sounds like one of those deals where everything would be fine if your wagers would have lost. Or should I say "continue to loose". These type of issues never apply to loosing wagers....everything's ok then.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by Yjacket22`` View Post
    I can't see what difference it makes WHO you put the account name in?? I mean when the money for wagering is deposited up front prior to wagering its impossible to stiff a book. Sounds like one of those deals where everything would be fine if your wagers would have lost. Or should I say "continue to loose". These type of issues never apply to loosing wagers....everything's ok then.
    Because you'd be able to create a bunch of accounts at each book, take their bonus and circumvent their limits...basically this type of stuf does not just "happen" to the average player but only to players that tend to take a books money.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

I do like a good laugh on a Friday OP

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Why didn't you use your phone to register? Or at least to recover the password of your email account? Was it broken, too?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

And accidently put her DOB too I supose lol

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

I'm sorry that they took your balance. That sucks big time, especially if you have lost with them long term. Unfortunately I don't think you have much recourse no matter what since they operate with complete autonomy, but even more so because almost every book has a 1 account per computer environment policy.

My questions would be:

1. Were both accounts active at the same time? i.e. were you placing wagers in both accounts during that time frame?
    2. Did you accept a bonus when you created the second account?

If you can answer no to both of these, then maybe you could propose that they put your balance back in and impose an additional rollover? If you have lost with them over time, then they are short-sighted for not working with you a little bit.

I know that you probably don't want to hear any advice right now... I try not to let my balances get much beyond 10k in any account that isn't betcris/bookmaker. I've heard too many stories.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

for the record I've been paid out 15k from GT within the last year, so they aren't a scam site at all. They have legit reasons for what they are doing, however in hindsight I'm sure you would've tried to cash out earlier, before your balance climbed so high. I think you should feel lucky to have gotten the 9k out honestly

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

We did speak with the OP on a few occasions. GTBets' actions were in line with their policy on multiple accounting and bonus abuse.