snunes
    snunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Can a bookmaker threaten a player? Requiring delete posts on forums?

Hello friends

Let's make an assumption (so I do not need to divulge the name of the bookmaker): if a user believes he is being harmed by a bookmaker, and resolves to publish in forums like the SBR, after having ignored emails. As also opened dispute in the MGA, where the site is regulated

And suddenly, the support of this bookmaker sends a message demanding that this player stop posting these claims publicly and threatening that if this is not done will trigger the legal sector

The player tries to argue that he is not doing anything wrong, that review and dispute sites demand on the internet just for these subjects

And with that, the player then receives a message from an email from another company, a law firm: a written message, nominated by a lawyer from a third company, with an attached pdf emailed, threatening words like these:

"We write on behalf of our client bookmaker XXXXXXXX in reply to your email dated 23 May 2018, which was sent to the Company

Our client is strongly rebutting your claims as unfounded in fact and in law.

It has come to the Company's knowledge (and as you admit yourself in the above-mentioned email) that you are speading disparaging and harmful comments in relation to the Company. You are being asked to immediately cease and desist from such actions and to immediatly remove any such form comments online and other outside

The Company is holding you liable for any reputational and other damages which may result from your actions and shall also be informing the Police authorities and the Malta Gaming Authority of your actions which are tantamount to threats and defamation"

Can this really happen? That's right? I really do not know what to do or what to think

Again, now, after I send a message to her and copy to the MGA and to the bookmaker support, as well as to the SBR and other reviews sites, this same lawyer sent a message advising to send message only to her and sending me to contract a lawyer, saying that I'm threatening and blackmailing the bookmaker just because I said I would publish the case on forums to prevent other people (who is threatening and blackmailing me, that's them, I believe):

"Please refer any future communications which you may have to me directly and I would suggest that you engage a lawyer and cease making threats and blackmailing my clients.
    As advised in our letter, we are reserving our right to take further legal action"

"Dear Ms Nunes,
    My clients have already replied to you in their legal letter which we've just sent today."

What do you think about it? The question was about a bonus that I won and for 2 months I managed to make a profit, without any kind of complaint from them, and I kept getting messages offering new promotions. Just last week when I decided to check the account to withdraw only 5% of the balance, it was that they resolved to remove all the winnings that I honestly won. Only now, they try to claim that I was not eligible for that promotion (which does not currently exist for new users, ended with it last week). They think they're right, I think I'm right too.

I think that if I was not eligible, they should have informed me the same day I received, or the first few days, not two months later. I just found a bonus code on forums where people said they were getting, earning and withdrawing earnings normally, as being for anyone. I typed the code into my account and received it. If I was not eligible, the code should not work or, if it worked, should have detected and removed quickly, and not let me playing for 2 months, all normally, increasing the gains each day, playing and believing I'm actually making a profit

I do not have the money to hire a lawyer. I use website to play and be happy, to have fun. I will not publish the bookmaker's name so they will not complain any more. I will try to work out internally as they have. I deleted the posts I made in the forums. I did what they asked for. But I'm really confused because they threatened me. They are in Malta, I am in South America where there are no laws on gambling (we can only play on sites hosted in other countries, there are no gambling companies here because these activities are not regulated here in my country)

Give me your opinions, please. What would you think if it was you? What would you do?

27 MAY 2018

Hi all users, good morning

That first offer of last year was cancelled for me manually in member area (if I not done this, the system would done automatically alone after one time, I think) because I done only less than 7% of rollover necessary and resolved not to end that, without do more bets

The terms and rules states only 1 promotion for customer at time, and never to use 1 same promotion more than 1x, of course. This first offer of last year are full different of this other offer I receive in April of current year

I will to explain:

The terms and rules allow the person to have only one bonus at a time. And you can not get the same bonus more than once. This happens on all sites. The bonus I won last year was canceled / expired because I performed less than 10% of the rollover needed to do so, the system automatically cancels after one time or the user alone can cancel it. But this bonus has nothing relation with the bonus I won in April this year

This site weekly offers many freebet reload, deposit offers, and constantly by what I understand it also offers freebet promotions without deposit (for example, 2 months ago they sent emails to me - and probably to all users - a BET2 code promotion without deposit also, and that I did not use). They always have many offers, with and without deposit. You can not just use one - the same bonus code - more than once, or use two at the same time. These are the terms

None of this I did. The promotion I used in April and made a profit is totally different from the promotion I used last year. Different values, different rollovers (the first are to place bonus + profit 10 times, and the second are bonus + profit 25 or 35 times). Other code bonus, other amount, other requirements, other name and offer, other terms and rules, all different, similar are all offers no deposit and with deposit offered weekly / monthly etc etc etc, nothing they repeat, all changes always

I think the reason for all this is a failure of communication, of support. Or failure of system, which allowed the code to work for me - and probably for thousands of other people in the world who use forums to view news of promotions, and 3 different forums publicized these promotions, stating the terms to use: only 1x a same promotion code and obviously do not use two different promotions at the same time

So the first promotion I needed to let cancel or expire, so I could try to use this second. That's what I did. I tried to write the code for this other different promotion in April to see if I was eligible, because under the terms I did not say anything about who received the first promotion (fully different of this other) could not use that one, so I decided to try to see if I was eligible as well all people else would do the same

And I wrote that code, and it worked. I was happy and started playing with her, made hundreds, maybe thousands of bets, tried to win that almost impossible rollover. And I got after a lot of fighting, a small profit of approximately 300.00. I decided not to withdraw

I wanted to keep playing, so after lots of betting, I had 4391.00. I went to send my documents this start week to withdraw 120.00, and started all these problems, first they said that I selected wrong the gender in the register, in form registration - I believed I not wrong, but then they updated, and then when I logged in account again they had removed the all winnings claiming that I could not have received that 2 months ago

If support communication failure occurred, if it was system failure, if it was incomplete terms and rules or not cleary or confused, or any other reason, I think it's not my fault. And even if any of these reasons happened, I believe the site should have informed me the same day or the first few days that I was playing with it. And not nearly 2 months later, only for the user to have made some good profit

This is what happened, in detail. I sent messages to them, they answered the same, I said that I wanted to speak with a supervisor by telephone, they did not accept it, they said that they did not have telephone support, I insisted, I said that I wanted to solve the problem, until I started to be ignored, I sent several messages and no response. Until I decided that if I continued to be ignored, my last choice would be to post the case on review sites and forums, like this one. Again I was ignored and decided to publish, and they did not like it, even requiring me to stop and erase the messages, which only after that would try "a fast and best resolution to this" (they used the same words) until sending the letter legal saying they would send it to the MGA and to polices authorities

I've decided to edit posts, remove their names, and too delete all posts, believing their words. Tell this to them, that I have done all that you have asked for. And they do not answer me any more, the support only sends me to the lawyer who sent the legal letter, and this lawyer only responds saying that their position is in the legal letter, and nothing more

I would really like to resolve this in the best way for both parties. I honestly won the approximately 300 with the end of the giant rollover, and I decided to keep playing and I won more. I believe they would also like to resolve, as I wish to continue playing there, and I think they also wish it. That's why I asked for help here in dispute complaint internally with SBR and too MGA
    Last edited by snunes; 05-27-18 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Adding 27 MAY message

flyingcarbs
    flyingcarbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

These POS idiots running an overseas book in Malta have 0 authority over what you post online.
    They are trying to scare you into not posting anything. The authorities and courts in Malta will not be able to do anything for this book, and they know it.

Keep posting the truth, in fact you should reveal the name of the book in order to forewarn others so they can avoid it at all costs.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

If in the US they cannot do anything. I had the pos "James" who screwed me out of i think it was $3500 from their site. I posted all his lying crap in the forum here somewhere. He even left me threatening messages. But in the end i cannot go there and get my cash nor can he come here . This was wager305 i think it was. I even posted the calls he left me on here somewhere. Insane stuff. Like you said he got mad i went on here and exposed him. Now if he actually does physically threaten you you can go to the police and file a report. I never did but if something weird does happen at least it is documented.

This pos "James" even threatened to call me at 1 am just to wake us up lol. At one point the guy in a message starts SINGING in the message all the stuff he is going to do. You should go in search and put wager 305 and you will be shocked at the stuff this guy does and says.

This would be funny as hell if you are having the problem with the same shit book. He HATED that i posted stuff in here. But it was his own stupidity leaving evidence that he lied.

snunes

I am afraid. I deleted the posts, as they requested, believing that so they can resolve the matter fairly and honestly

But from what I understand, the lawyer who is responding will not allow anyone from the bookmaker's support to respond. Only she will answer me from now on. This is what I'm thinking.

Even looking for Facebook, this lawyer is the girlfriend or wife of the owner of this bookmaker. In Malta, the company she works for is likely to provide services to companies in this field.

I'm scared because I do not have the money to pay a lawyer and resolve a matter in Europe. I live in South America and no lawyer here understands anything about gambling, as there are no laws here.

I just wish I had my winnings and keep playing there for years. I liked the odds, the games, the weekly offers, the clean site layout, the wide variety of betting options

I did not like being threatened to send details to police authorities and to MGA itself, as she said. I'm scared, just for posting a summary of the case on forums, believing that I'm being fooled by a bookmaker. That's why I thought sites like SBR exist

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

OP im playing a violin for you if that makes you feel better!!

flyingcarbs

Quote Originally Posted by snunes View Post
    I am afraid. I deleted the posts, as they requested, believing that so they can resolve the matter fairly and honestly
    I'm scared because I do not have the money to pay a lawyer and resolve a matter in Europe. I live in South America and no lawyer here understands anything about gambling, as there are no laws here.
    I did not like being threatened to send details to police authorities and to MGA itself, as she said. I'm scared, just for posting a summary of the case on forums, believing that I'm being fooled by a bookmaker. That's why I thought sites like SBR exist
    They are trying to scare you in order to silence any of your grievances.
    This is very obviously a shady book that rips folks off on "technicalities".

Ask yourself how legitimate can it be that they are taking YOUR money and refusing to pay up, while telling you to keep quiet about it.
    You are being played my man, I feel that in the end you MIGHT get maybe 1/4 or 1/2 of the money you are owed, but don't keep your hopes up.

Once again, they have no legal recourse against you. Unless you are straight up lying about them ripping you off there is nothing you're doing wrong. This is aside from the fact that they have no jurisdiction over you, especially not for what they would claim to be a civil matter.

These are thieves and bullies, plain and simple. Books rip people off ALL the time, 5D has ****** over plenty of people, and there are plenty of people that ****** over 5D - and guess what, nothing came of it. People lost their money and got blacklisted, that's it.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Grow a fkn spine man

Out them now

snunes

Yes, this is really weird.

- I activated a bonus code freebet, with rollover 25x (bonus amount + winnings of bet)

- In days, weeks, I finished this giant rollover, with a small profit of 300.00 only

- I did not want to withdraw, I kept playing, I won, I increased the balance and now, 2 months later, I had 4300.00 there

- Just this week, then, I thought I'd make withdrawal of 120.00 only. So it was when they started saying that the bonus I received 2 months ago, I could not have received

And, of course, I've read on several forums in the world, before I to claim that, dozens of other users indicating the bonus code, saying that they were all winning normally, playing normally, and withdrawing winnings normally, with that bonus code

This bonus has not been available since last week. The current bonus is another. New values, new terms, new restrictions

They think they're right. I think I'm right. And this is the problem. In my opinion, a bonus code can not work on an account that is not eligible for it. If it worked, it is a bookmaker's fault, and it should be detected the same day, or in the first days, not 2 months later, where the user has been playing thousands of bets, never having been informed of any problems and weekly receiving several offers for email.

Probably, if I had withdrawn the 300.00 when I did the rollover, small value, no problem had happened. But no, I trusted and believed everything was fine. I kept playing normally and getting weekly offers messages offered by email
    Last edited by snunes; 05-23-18 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Adding phrase

flyingcarbs

Yes, this is really weird.

- I activated a bonus code freebet, with rollover 25x (bonus amount + winnings of bet)

- In days, weeks, I finished this giant rollover, with a small profit of 300.00 only

- I did not want to withdraw, I kept playing, I won, I increased the balance and now, 2 months later, I had 4300.00 there

- Just this week, then, I thought I'd make withdrawal of 120.00 only. So it was when they started saying that the bonus I received 2 months ago, I could not have received

And, of course, I've read on several forums in the world, before I to claim that, dozens of other users indicating the bonus code, saying that they were all winning normally, playing normally, and withdrawing winnings normally, with that bonus code

This bonus has not been available since last week. The current bonus is another. New values, new terms, new restrictions

They think they're right. I think I'm right. And this is the problem. In my opinion, a bonus code can not work on an account that is not eligible for it. If it worked, it is a bookmaker's fault, and it should be detected the same day, or in the first days, not 2 months later, where the user has been playing thousands of bets, never having been informed of any problems and weekly receiving several offers for email.

Probably, if I had withdrawn the 300.00 when I did the rollover, small value, no problem had happened. But no, I trusted and believed everything was fine. I kept playing normally and getting weekly offers messages offered by email
    Yep, they are trying to get out of paying you. Shady shithead book. Wait for them to "resolve" which will be you getting bent over, and take your money elsewhere. This is the unfortunate price we pay for using shitty books.

snunes

captrobey

Did you not say yourself this "Lawyer" is this bookmakers girlfriend or wife or something ? That should tell you right there they are just trying to screw with you. If they take you to court the courtroom would probably be at the guys moms house i would guess.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

They just scare you, no need to worry.

Please ignore their emails and publish the name of this shady book, so everybody is warned.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

The book is enforcing a term that says only 1 no-deposit bonus can be claimed per player account. They say this is not the first bonus so it is invalid.

The player is saying it should be valid because they were allowed to activate it twice.

The book has reported the dispute to their regulator and asked the player to take up their argument there.

captrobey

Don't be sad. Here is a nice picture for you to feel better.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Bookmaker is respond for technical side if the accepted code that mean you are aloud to use bonus
    it is still shocking for me that bookmaker trying blackmailed player

piterp

Give us name of them

lonnie55

Can he answer on PM (since he has only 4 posts yet)?

snunes

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Did you not say yourself this "Lawyer" is this bookmakers girlfriend or wife or something ? That should tell you right there they are just trying to screw with you. If they take you to court the courtroom would probably be at the guys moms house i would guess.
    Yes, in first messages of today, between other words, their support said things as this:

"It is highly important for us to resolve this issue with you in the best and fastest possible way."

"Hi Sonia, we are willing to discuss the situation with you and try to resolve"

"If you wish to discuss further, please remove all internet comments"

"The only way for this matter to be resolved and for us to engage in a resolution is for you to remove all comments on the internet"

So I was insisting that I had done nothing wrong, just posting on forums about the case (and for the last 10 days I warned them, that if they kept ignoring me I would post to the forums; they decided to keep ignoring me, so I needed to publish

Other times, they tried to make me confess that I was wrong at something, that I was wrong to receive the bonus and use.

For example:

"Are you confirming that you took the terms from a non authorised forum?"

"The only way for this matter to be resolved and for us to engage in a resolution is for you to remove all comments on the internet and acknowledge that you fraudulently claimed a bonus which was not given to you by us or any of its affiliates"

So clearly, they wanted me to say something that I do not believe, so they immediately forward it to the MGA, as if I'm saying I'm wrong

As they saw that I would not speak what they would like, then came by email the letter in pdf threatening me

By the name of the lawyer, I typed in Facebook and, to my surprise, the photos, I saw that she is the wife or girlfriend of the owner of the bookmaker. But she really is a lawyer and works for a law firm, which certainly does the services for this bookmaker and maybe others in Malta

lonnie55

By the name of the lawyer, I typed in Facebook and, to my surprise, the photos, I saw that she is the wife or girlfriend of the owner of the bookmaker. But she really is a lawyer and works for a law firm, which certainly does the services for this bookmaker and maybe others in Malta
    Malta is a fukkin stronghold of corruption:

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...ian-mafia.html

captrobey

Yes, in first messages of today, between other words, their support said things as this:

"It is highly important for us to resolve this issue with you in the best and fastest possible way."

"Hi Sonia, we are willing to discuss the situation with you and try to resolve"

"If you wish to discuss further, please remove all internet comments"

"The only way for this matter to be resolved and for us to engage in a resolution is for you to remove all comments on the internet"

So I was insisting that I had done nothing wrong, just posting on forums about the case (and for the last 10 days I warned them, that if they kept ignoring me I would post to the forums; they decided to keep ignoring me, so I needed to publish

Other times, they tried to make me confess that I was wrong at something, that I was wrong to receive the bonus and use.

For example:

"Are you confirming that you took the terms from a non authorised forum?"

"The only way for this matter to be resolved and for us to engage in a resolution is for you to remove all comments on the internet and acknowledge that you fraudulently claimed a bonus which was not given to you by us or any of its affiliates"

So clearly, they wanted me to say something that I do not believe, so they immediately forward it to the MGA, as if I'm saying I'm wrong

As they saw that I would not speak what they would like, then came by email the letter in pdf threatening me

The fact that she is his GF even if she really is a lawyer shows they are just trying to strongarm you. There is nothing they can do for posting what is truth on a forum that exists for that sole purpose. You have not said their name yet. So maybe give them a threat that they know you can follow through on. Tell them you want your money -give them a time limit - and if you do not receive the cash put their name on here for all to see.

lonnie55

Why not send a PM to a user or mod and let him publish the name of the book?

snunes

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    The fact that she is his GF even if she really is a lawyer shows they are just trying to strongarm you. There is nothing they can do for posting what is truth on a forum that exists for that sole purpose. You have not said their name yet. So maybe give them a threat that they know you can follow through on. Tell them you want your money -give them a time limit - and if you do not receive the cash put their name on here for all to see.
    I had already posted here last night and in 2 other forums this morning, with their name, and fowarded to them

So they got angry and certainly decided to write that letter threatening me, today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

snunes

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    I decided not to publish the bookmaker's name. In fact, until a few hours ago, there was the name. But I asked to delete, as they required

For I am afraid of the threats and blackmail that have made me

And too for me personal prevention, I did what they recommended. Maybe, tomorrow, or when the MGA intervene, they can solve something as they spoke in those blue message which I posted above

I think this are the better thing for the moment, then I advised this for the moderators SBR, in mail and too in PM. We will not disclose the name, waiting for an internal solution with the bookmaker, or waiting for the MGA. Please, understand me. I'm only to play, not to be having a headache. So, if I can avoid it, I think it's better in this moment, to wait them or MGA

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

She made at least 6 threads with the books name in it. Surprised you missed it. But she was scared by the cease and desist letter and just wants to comply and try to get her money for now.

And honestly, it's a technical difference of opinion rather than a serious issue. It's not a book that has been posted about here in at least 5 years and it's not one I think is a worry either.

lonnie55

So you neither publish the name again nor send a PM?

Don't you want to warn other people?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

If somebody knocks on your door and you look through the peep hole and see two burly guys with baseball bats in their hands, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!

lonnie55

Okay, got the name now.

You just have to google the username plus sportsbookreview.

The thread is still in the cache.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: piterp

snunes

So you neither publish the name again nor send a PM?

Don't you want to warn other people?

I do not have access to PM

And about alerting others, that's not the point. It's a bookmaker not commented here in the last 5 years, as Optimal said above

So I think and believe that they are honest and they can solve it, because it is a simple question and a great value for most people here

If I did not believe they were honest, I would not be playing there. Neither would have lost 2 months trying to increase a balance with this bonus

My account has been created there since last year. If I believed that they might not be honest, I would not even have created, would not even be trying to solve

I think there was a miscommunication, coupled with a failure of their support, and the site system, which made it only now, 2 months after the bonus rolled over, that there was a possibility of starting a mess

But I believe they can understand that, and tomorrow, when support is online, they can resolve it honestly, with me. And obviously I will post here, but without the name of the bookmaker, which is not quoted here on problems, for years

The purpose of this current topic was to read your opinions, other players, about threat possible which bookmakers can or can not do against me and against all here in future

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Last edited by DiggityDaggityDo; 05-23-18 at 06:12 PM.

piterp

reddit intresting too...
    Last edited by piterp; 05-23-18 at 05:58 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Providing you stick to posting facts you should have nothing to fear.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5381

I am surprised that nobody has picked up the fact that this Broke Dikk is trying to get away with using a NO DEPOSIT bonus more than once.

Did you think that you could keep entering that code until you finally went on a run?

The fact that you were scouring the Internet looking for no deposit codes tells me all I need to know about you.

snunes

Thank you, DiggityDaggityDo
    Last edited by snunes; 05-23-18 at 06:15 PM.

snunes

Okay, lonnie55
    Last edited by snunes; 05-23-18 at 08:14 PM.

12 Last