Corey
    Watching all of Justin7's SBR.tv videos
    Corey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by magnavox View Post
    True, but I think Matchbook sends it over encrypted.
    If Matchbook is encrpyted, howcome we dont' see "https://www.matchbook.com"?

Also on the bottom of IE The lock symbol is unlocked indicating no encryption.

Wonderful. My name & Pw is going out over the wild west internet everyday without any encryption. You'd think Matchbook could afford the SSL connection (https)
    Last edited by Corey; 09-24-09 at 01:14 PM.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can anyone get in to either www.matchbook.com or www2.matchbook.com right now? I was able to get into the www2 site this morning but I can't right now. I have open bets and I want to be able to check on them.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1800Gambler View Post
    Got in with the www2.matchbook.com
    Is this site down now too or what?

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

www.matchbook.com is back up, so those that can't login your IP address has been block. You need to either call them or e-mail them with your ip address.

For those that don't know your ip address or how to get it you can get it from here:
    http://www.whatismyip.com/

Matchbook contact info:

General Info
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am to 9pm pm EST
    Trade Support
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am EST to last game
    Accounting
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am to 9 pm EST
    International
    001 268 480 3830
    9 am to 9 pm EST

General Info
    info@matchbook.com

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    www.matchbook.com is back up, so those that can't login your IP address has been block. You need to either call them or e-mail them with your ip address.

For those that don't know your ip address or how to get it you can get it from here:
    http://www.whatismyip.com/

Matchbook contact info:

General Info
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am to 9pm pm EST
    Trade Support
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am EST to last game
    Accounting
    1 877 586 9477
    9 am to 9 pm EST
    International
    001 268 480 3830
    9 am to 9 pm EST

General Info
    info@matchbook.com
    How long did it take them to unblock your IP? I asked on the phone and they said they could only do it if I sent an email. I sent the email hours ago and still can't get in.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hours or days. Goes to Cs and then to India and then to.... I have been waiting for unblock for 4 hours today and counting

Someguy123
    Someguy123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

well at sunday i have to get in or i will be very mad. Im so fed up that im almost just wishing they could pay the attackers.

blix177

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    How long did it take them to unblock your IP? I asked on the phone and they said they could only do it if I sent an email. I sent the email hours ago and still can't get in.
    You can always try this to reset your ip:

Turn off your computer and modem for 5 min. Hope your provider gives you a new address

Or turn if off when you sleep tonight and you should have a new number tomorrow.

Waiting should be awhile as I am sure a bunch of people is having the same problem as us.

If you have a sprint phone with unlimited data plan you can always remove a registery and use the phone as a wireless modem. What I am doing to use matchbook

UV82
    UV82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Changing IP address by sqitching off & on does not help... tried it ... and that is in fact what I m worries about - most of us are on a dynamic IP so if they open up the connection to my IP today what happens if my IP changes tomorrow

blix177

Quote Originally Posted by UV82 View Post
    Changing IP address by sqitching off & on does not help... tried it ... and that is in fact what I m worries about - most of us are on a dynamic IP so if they open up the connection to my IP today what happens if my IP changes tomorrow
    Changing your IP does help, the problem is can you change your IP. You should write down your IP before you turn off your modem. When you turn it back on check is it different. If it is different and you still can't log on then there is a little more to it. I.E maybe you need to clear your cookies.

But because I can't log on via my cable modem but I am able to log on from my cell phone modem i am almost positive that changing your ip number will help you.

Sjmeut
    Sjmeut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Changing ip is for alot of people not the answer.

I'm located in The Netherlands and own several proxy servers most located in The Netherlands and a couple in Germany. I haven't been able to access Matchbook all day today using any of these proxy servers, so they must be blocking large groups of ip ranges to stop the ddos.

I have 1 tip for people using anonymous proxy servers or applications like UltraSurf for accessing Matchbook. After logging in, place your bet(s), logout and use the 'forgot your password' page to retrieve a new password in your mailbox. It makes using those proxies a little safer (but still unsafe in general).

Sjmeut
    Sjmeut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    If Matchbook is encrpyted, howcome we dont' see "https://www.matchbook.com"?

Also on the bottom of IE The lock symbol is unlocked indicating no encryption.

Wonderful. My name & Pw is going out over the wild west internet everyday without any encryption. You'd think Matchbook could afford the SSL connection (https)
    I'm not 100% sure but Matchbook could use javascript to send your password encrypted over your internet connection. They could hash it into some 'random' string and compare it at the server side.

So the lack of SSL doesn't necessarily mean your password is being send unencrypted, although in most cases it is. Not sure about Matchbook.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Down 4 days for me

First 123