SamFarley
    SamFarley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betonline has Bad Security

I joined this site only to post my concerns with Betonline. It was the first site to come up on Google so I figured I could reach the most people. My concern is with their security. I created an account and forgot my username. I had to contact customer support. They emailed me both my login and my personal password. Under no circumstances should a customer service rep, or an administrator for that matter, have access to both your username and password. The password should be encrypted and only viewed or changed by the user. This site is a scam waiting to happen. Please pass this on or let me know where I can post it for more people to read. Thanks.

SamFarley

I joined this site only to post my concerns with Betonline. It was the first site to come up on Google so I figured I could reach the most people. My concern is with their security. I created an account and forgot my username. I had to contact customer support. They emailed me both my login and my personal password. Under no circumstances should a customer service rep, or an administrator for that matter, have access to both your username and password. The password should be encrypted and only viewed or changed by the user. This site is a scam waiting to happen. Please pass this on or let me know where I can post it for more people to read. Thanks.

SamFarley

Betonline has Bad Security

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by SamFarley View Post
    I totally agree with you Sam and this subject has been discussed quite frequently on this forum.

I avoid using books which don't adopt adequate security measures but it seems most if not all the US serving books are in that category.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Sam,

Most sites allow their clerks to see player passwords. This is necessary to confirm a player account when placing bets via telephone.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Sam,

Most sites allow their clerks to see player passwords. This is necessary to confirm a player account when placing bets via telephone.
    The better establishments have alternatives to confirm the account holder's identity, such as separate telephone codes and 'secret questions'.