superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Does Sportsbet have bans on certain countries from joining?

I'm from Canada, when I click on the join link, it sends me to bet 365? whats up with that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Which Sportsbet??

AU???

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Don't know why but Sportsbet.com.au doesn't have Canada listed amongst their countries of residence when you go to join up.

They are now owned by that miserable Irish firm, Paddy Power and have the same "winners don't bother" philosophy.

On sports they make Bet$3.65 look good.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

for various legal or commercial reasons, we do not permit accounts to be opened by, or used from, customers based in certain jurisdictions, including the united states of america and its territories, canada, turkey and the countries listed through
    this link

this list of jurisdictions may be changed by us from time to time with or without notice. You agree that you shall not open an account, nor attempt to use your account, if you are based in these jurisdictions.

nick86
    nick86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Don't know why but Sportsbet.com.au doesn't have Canada listed amongst their countries of residence when you go to join up.

They are now owned by that miserable Irish firm, Paddy Power and have the same "winners don't bother" philosophy.

On sports they make Bet$3.65 look good.
    Hareeba what sports do you normally play? And what is your secret in winning?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    Hareeba what sports do you normally play? And what is your secret in winning?
    Horse racing, AFL, NRL, S15, Tennis, Cricket, Golf, Soccer, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, Formula1

The secret to winning is always getting value for your bets. Not really a secret at all. Just simple commonsense maths.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by superjeff24 View Post
    I'm from Canada, when I click on the join link, it sends me to bet 365? whats up with that?
    If you are talking about Sportsbet.com.au is is quite extraordinary that they would re-direct you to Bet365 as Sportsbet is a PaddyPower company and it would make more sense to re-direct you to them. But maybe Paddy doesn't take Canadians either?

EDIT: Just checked PP's site and yes, Canada is on their restricted list so perhaps that explains the re-direct to B365
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-16-12 at 03:56 PM.

jjgold

Paddypower is whores shit

Of course a great set up meaning software but they get nervous with winning bets over $10

Is like Sportsbet.AU is now a UK BOOK

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Horse racing, AFL, NRL, S15, Tennis, Cricket, Golf, Soccer, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, Formula1

The secret to winning is always getting value for your bets. Not really a secret at all. Just simple commonsense maths.

so reeby is a value investor...that explains everything...prob has a portfolio of net stocks from march of 2000...

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Laws prevent countries like USA and Canada from playing at sportsbet! For people who do not arb or know of big fixes in the horse racing industry it really is a privilege to play at a book I rate the best in the world.

Hareeba kicks up a stink in

jjgold

Sportbet has like $20 max bets for UK residents I have been told after you win a few a $200 bets

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sportbet has like $20 max bets for UK residents I have been told after you win a few a $200 bets
    Certainly not restricted to UK residents.
    It is a total waste of my time to even try and bet on any sports there. Limits like $2.14 etc. - just like at Paddy's.
    Only a matter of time I think before the same will be the case for racing. Maybe this week after I got them for $2.5k on a winner this arvo.

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Hareeba, are there any aussie books worth signing up for non aussies and going through all that certified ID BS for sports betting? I already have account at IASbet but they have heavily limited me on sports (can still bet decent amounts on racing though).

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Gallin View Post
    Hareeba, are there any aussie books worth signing up for non aussies and going through all that certified ID BS for sports betting? I already have account at IASbet but they have heavily limited me on sports (can still bet decent amounts on racing though).
    Sportingbet ok
    sportsbetting.com.au
    betstar
    topsport

nathanAU
    nathanAU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

If you are into AFL and NRL I would suggest Luxbet for their player props. They offer the widest range of any Aus book.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallin View Post
    Yep, I'm in the same boat as you with IAS and Sportsbet (Paddy Power companies - say no more!)

There are many other Aussie books which are worthwhile until you wear out your welcome as I've done with most and no longer play at them: Sportingbet and Centrebet probably being the biggest of them.

Those I still am able to play at and tend to use for specific sports are: Topsport (racing and AFL), TAB (tennis and AFL mostly), Betstar and Sportsbetting (AFL and NRL no juice lines on footy codes), Betchoice, Tattsbet and Luxbet (general).

But Betchoice has recently been acquired by that miserable outfit, Unibet, and already I've read complaints of their style being implemented and in fact noted that I've been restricted on their racing product offerings.

Luxbet is inconsistent in their limiting in my experience. Betstar and Tattsbet don't take large bets as a rule.

TAB will take large bets but mostly offer juiced lines but every now and then can offer the best odds anywhere.

It really can depend on what you want to bet on.

Now the next problem you're likely to face is that not all Aussie books accept players from all countries as has been noted from the start of this thread. American's aren't accepted anywhere to bet on sports. Some will allow them to bet on racing.

Overall I don't think Aussie books offer enough for a sports punter from overseas to bother with.

Pinnacle, Betfair, Matchbook and SBO are where you should be doing most of your betting on sports.