beyond
    beyond's Avatar Become A Pro!

beted

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The difference is this:

I'd bet Beted didn't have one million dollars. I'd guess they had maybe $200,000 on deposit. Pretty easy to hold in one or two bank accounts.

Also, if that book made over $200,000 in profit ever, I'd be stunned and that probably paid the owner who probably spent it. They may also have been in the red.

Cris on the other hand probably handles hundreds of millions of dollars (if not over a billion). They have probably made 10s or 100s of millions in profit.

They probably had 1-3% in a US bank which was seized and easily covered by profits they have made over the years - hence biz as usual.

Very few books I'd use now - Pinny, Cris, Olympic, Heritage, Bodog, 5dimes and the last three I'd keep my balances low.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't read every post in this thread so forgive me if this video was already posted, but here is Pregame and Vegas Runner takes on the BetEd situation:

I just know the site pregame and the tout VR by name and don't really care for touts in general but on this specific topic, I agree with pretty much everything they state in this video. Its rather long about 13 minutes but worth a watch

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i would never recommend charbacks but if you used a cc there you should. if you did a *************** you should stop payment or go to the bank and reverse it. The reason you have cc is in case that you didnt recieve the product you expected. if you have money there that you will never see you should look at this option.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Money is long gone, just in my experience in auditing government municipalities once they seize funds from illegal operations it goes to a trust fund and is then used to fund upgrades on the program....I would tend to believe ICE is probably along the same lines...nice lil payday for the Feds

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Keep your money at the old reliable ones, and even if they get taken down they will honor your withdraws I would bet.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

fukkin clowns, gone for good.

beyond
    beyond's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the chance players can get their money back

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    What's the chance players can get their money back
    0% and I'm using the higher of the two estimates.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is a hope that this turns out like the Apex scenario. I'd cling to that dream.

robbies
    robbies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have a big balance at Quicktende stranded!!!

I have a sizeable balance there at QT that I have lost the quality of my normal life for the last 3 or 4 days.
    I do not know where to go to get my money back. I am seeking anyone's good advice as well as any updated news on the QT situation and possibility of getting my money back !!!!

I was very much aware of the warning signs about QT withdrawals around May 16, but had nothing to do because my pending withdrawal for most of the balance from May 7th never reached my bank account and was returned to my QT in the Uncleared section around May 20th where I was not able to use the funds or access them until everything disappeared on My, 25. I appreciate any possible help especially from the great crew at sbr help desk
    Last edited by robbies; 05-28-11 at 02:32 AM.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by robbies View Post
    I have a sizeable balance there at QT that I have lost the quality of my normal life for the last 3 or 4 days. I do not know where to go to get my money back. I am seeking anyone's good advice as well as any updated news on the QT situation and possibility of getting my money back !!!! I was very much aware of the warning signs about QT withdrawals around May 16, but had nothing to do because my pending withdrawal for most of the balance from May 7th never reached my bank account and was returned to my QT in the Uncleared section around May 20th where I was not able to use the funds or access them until everything disappeared on My, 25. I appreciate any possible help especially from the great crew at sbr help desk
    check the gaming section over at Covers, one guy posted a link where they were contacting the Maryland section and were optimistic that funds would be returned after a few months.

dazed99
    dazed99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

this is a scary time to have money in online sports books

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by dazed99 View Post
    this is a scary time to have money in online sports books
    Its always scary bud, the only time I wasn't scared was the two year stretch I was dealing with the mob during my college days. You can't just anybody anymore in this business, its a shame.

robbies
    robbies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Iceminers26 for your reply. I did search the Gaming Industry forum at Covers in the last 2 days of posts, but could only find to posts with QT title with no information about the link you mentioned or contacting Maryland section. Do u remember the post title or at what part of the Gaming section was the post, or when it was posted. Again I appreciate your great help.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

what a shit book this turned out to be... so glad i never redeposited on this site because they wanted to many forms filled out.

iceminers26

Thanks Iceminers26 for your reply. I did search the Gaming Industry forum at Covers in the last 2 days of posts, but could only find to posts with QT title with no information about the link you mentioned or contacting Maryland section. Do u remember the post title or at what part of the Gaming section was the post, or when it was posted. Again I appreciate your great help.
    hey bud, looks like Covers took the thread I was referring to down, not shocking because they always rip down threads downgrading their sponsor books....I'll try PM to some of the guys I'm friends with there and see if they remember the creator of thread, it was a good post where it actually lead me to believe you guys might get your money back in 3 to 5 months.

iceminers26

and yes 3 to 5 months is ridiculous I should add, but I thought you guys were fkned, so IMO this is good news

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Wasn't BetEd a B book according to SBR?
    No, they were rated a C at best.

Milk Money
    Milk Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

well I can't post link so just go here >> http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker and search for QT/ U M W thread
    Last edited by Milk Money; 05-30-11 at 02:17 PM. Reason: link has censored term

2Bdown
    2Bdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

i remember a few years ago I made a deposit with Beted via CC. Money was put into account instantly. After I lost my all in wager they told me they were unable to process my deposit. Never went back after their F up. glad i didnt

First ... 3456