ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

5dimes chat no user name/password?

just curious if anyone else experienced this. every time i've ever used the chat they always ask me for name and password. but yesterday they only asked me for name (no password) and today, actually just a few min ago, they didnt even ask me for name or password, she just said "ok let me look up your account". just seems kinda weird to me.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Maybe you are chatting with a hacker and not a 5dimes rep

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

haven't you already provided your user name and password to login before starting the chat session?

why have to repeat it and run the risk of it being intercepted by a hacker ?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

yes but they ALWAYS ask for your name and password. thats industry standard. i guess its a security thing for them.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    yes but they ALWAYS ask for your name and password. thats industry standard. i guess its a security thing for them.
    perhaps at last they've woken up to the fact that "industry standard" (not practised by the best establishments) is very poor security indeed

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

i agree. i love 5d but their chat reps are just way too incompetent

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

but yeah, why put your screen name in the beginning if they gonna ask for it again. doesnt make sense, unless they wanna see who theyre talking to first.

its all good tho, the one time i requested a hefty cashout from them they paid and thats all that matters to me.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

I've always been uneasy about giving them my password in the chat sessions... it's definitely not an industry standard.

milpet
    milpet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    I've always been uneasy about giving them my password in the chat sessions... it's definitely not an industry standard.
    It is, sadly, an industry standard. Security measures are non-existant at 5dimes though