Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    What is breading?
    bearding

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    What is breading?

The term originates from old hollywood where gay men and women would marry a person of the opposite sex to hide the fact that they were gay. Because if they were found to be gay, they would get no work. Hence the term "beard". In short it means disguise.

In the gambling community it refers to a person who does not want the booker of the bet to know it is him betting and getting someone else to make the bet for him. Often because said person has been banned or had their limits dramatically reduced, other times to take advantage of bonuses repeatedly etc etc etc.

For instance Billy Walters getting Phil Ivey to make a bet for him.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks.

They need to host a gambling class 101 at my college.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

bump

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

I dont see why some one can make a phone call?

BP if I call you can you send the funds to me instead?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

What's the best way for Canadians to withdrawal from BP?

Options seem rather small overall......

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    In December, a former BetPhoenix associate came across this player's account and closed it down. The player’s account was a post-up account with a balance of $2,659, with no problems on his deposits or bets.

The BetPhoenix associate believed that the player was bearding for a third-party with a $3,000 debt. He no longer works with BetPhoenix, and could not conclusively prove that the player was making bets for the third-party at BetPhoenix.

Three dispute points:
    1. The player deposited funds with BetPhoenix.
    2. The player denied placing bets at BetPhoenix on behalf of the debtor (though he admitted doing this at one other book).
    3. BetPhoenix has offered no conclusive evidence that the post-up player wagered at BetPhoenix on behalf of the third-party debtor.

It is not reasonable to enforce a guilty by association penalty. As BetPhoenix notes, the player does not hide his past dealings with the player. He denies however making bets for him at BetPhoenix, and requests to see evidence in support of that accusation.

Since this player's deposit and bets were accepted by BetPhoenix, it is ultimately BetPhoenix—not a former associate—that is solely responsible for the frozen player balance.
    As well as Justin's insight:

he states something on the order of "think he only admitted to doing it at one place".

The issue seems to me about, PURVIEW:

Is it logical to make such broad brushed assumptions in the real world, let alone a US courtroom? NO

Is it logical to make such broad brushed assumptions in the world of online gamblers/gambling? LOL

"It is not reasonable to enforce a guilty by association penalty. As BetPhoenix notes, the player does not hide his past dealings with the player."

This is wrong. Ask yourself, in your real life, where it concerns gamblers and gambling, if you even remotely adhere to this notion. Rhetorical question. Shady folks with a track records have funds frozen. Yes. Unbelievably, unfair.

I suppose it comes down to what counts as "proof".

In the end you may be correct. Is it your conclusion that because the deposit and subsequent wagers were accepted that BP is ultimately responsible? If so, I have a follow-up question concerning other books. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Aristocles; 05-26-11 at 01:53 PM.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Another quick pay out(5 days) from Betphoenix.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

If I use WesternUnion and they charge the $30 or whatever it is. Is that the final fee or does ** add their fees too?

Never used it, never got charged a fee for anything in the last 3 years of sports betting but the options are very limited at BP and I was using a FP from SBR.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

So glad to no longer have to worry about getting stiffed by this shady book.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Requested payout, will let you guys know how it goes. They only allow payouts in $500 increments, only on tuesday through thursday, only before 2 PM. Lots of rules with these guys.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Betphoenix,

Any way to withdraw sizeable money from your books without paying a 5% fee? I was just told the fee on bank wires is 5%. This seems a bit ridiculous to me - $500 to send $10K when it costs $30-$50 to make that type of wire.

Any help here? I like your books, but can't see playing at them in the future if I have to pay 5% any time I make a withdrawal.

Help appreciated!

Sean

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

They do offer one free payout per month.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Quote Originally Posted by increasedodds View Post
    Betphoenix,

Any way to withdraw sizeable money from your books without paying a 5% fee? I was just told the fee on bank wires is 5%. This seems a bit ridiculous to me - $500 to send $10K when it costs $30-$50 to make that type of wire.

Any help here? I like your books, but can't see playing at them in the future if I have to pay 5% any time I make a withdrawal.

Help appreciated!

Sean
    odds, keep in mind they do not only have to pay the bank for the wire, but they also got to pay the BetPheonix Representative who is doing it from BP side. I Agree that 500 is really expensive they should put a cap on $300, 5% up to 300 something like that,

First 123