Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Vreston's "Yeah Right!" Soccer weekend

OK here we go.

Finally I had time to do some studying and what impresses me even more is that I had time to write and post my plays on a Saturday even though I had to work. That must be a good sign!

Anyway I’ve separated some games from the rest. Let’s see if they pay off.

I must also say that I decided not to play any more soccer for a while because it ate up my bankroll slowly and systematically. I’ve been pretty disciplined this last month. I’ve only played some exclusive games. I stopped when about a month and half ago I put a bet on my favorite team which was really due for a win against a team they could easily beat. They had really good odds as they were on a really unlucky streak. I could see the money coming to me. It was a tie game and we were given a penalty. Then the joker who took the shot decided to make it impressive and lobbed it over the top goalpost. I almost threw my glass out of the café window. (I like watching games out at a café near my house.) Since then I’ve kept away from betting soccer and just kept to studying and watching.
    Well these last couple of weeks in the Europa League I picked a really good winner twice. I didn’t play the games because I didn’t have the “soccer balls” to do it. I said I wouldn’t bet soccer and I didn’t. Just for the record it was Panathinaikos to beat red hot Roma who had gone 20 games in 2010 without a loss. They beat them at home and then again in Rome last Thursday. I figured that it was a sign to get back into things. So I did some homework and I’ve separated these games from the rest.

I don’t know if I’ll play them myself because I want to keep playing only basketball. No use messing with a good thing!

I’m posting them though if anyone’s interested.

Here we go.

I’ll start with a few games from The Greek Superleague:

The first teams are the home teams.

On Sunday we have Aris vs. Larisa
    Pick: Aris @ 1.57
    Time: 4:45pm GMT +2

Aris is now in fifth place and have been pretty good after acquiring a great coach, Hector Raul Cooper, after firing their first coach a while back. Cooper has succeeded in transforming Aris to a much better team. This is a team with a lot of talent, and if they give Cooper a chance to work with his players next year the way he wants to then they will be a force to be reckoned with. They come off a couple of losses and I’m sure they want to get back on track today against a lowly Larisa which is in 13th place at the moment. Aris wants to make the playoffs and they want to get as good a position as they can so I think they will come away with the win on Sunday.

On Sunday we also have Panthrakikos vs. Kavala
    Pick: Kavala @ 1.90
    Time: 2:30 GMT +2

Kavala has been the surprise team of this league. They are in 6th place and are trying to clinch a spot for the playoffs. Panthrakikos is on a hot streak, but they are still in last place and going to be relegated next year to the B league. The bookmakers are giving Kavala better odds because of this and I think it’s a value bet. Let’s hope it is.

In the English Premiership
    I’ll go with Arsenal pulling off the win at Stoke

Stoke vs. Arsenal
    Pick: Arsenal @ 1.72
    Time: 7:30 GMT +2

Stoke played on Wednesday in Cup action against a tough opponent, Manchester City and will be tired to go against the likes of a superpower like Arsenal.

Moving on to Holland Eredivisie, I think
    Heerenveen vs. Heracles
    Pick: Heerenveen @ 1.72
    Time: 7:45 GMT +2

I think Heerenveen is in much better form than Heracles and the win at home looks to be in order.

To finish things off, on Sunday night in Portugal Superliga
    Sporting Lisbon vs. Porto
    Pick: Porto @ 2.10
    Time: 10:15 GMT +2

This will be a tough game, but at the moment Porto is in better form than Sporting which has 2 losses and 2 draws in four games. Porto on the other hand scored 5 goals against Braga and is showing off some offensive power. I’ll take Porto at those odds.

I had some more games, but they started about 20 minutes ago so I'm just posting the ones that haven't started yet.

Best of Luck to anyone who chooses to play any of these games!

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Long time no hear dude - good to see you back and good luck

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post
    Here we go.

I’ll start with a few games from The Greek Superleague:

The first teams are the home teams.

On Sunday we have Aris vs. Larisa
    Pick: Aris @ 1.57 - Won (2-0)
    Time: 4:45pm GMT +2

Aris is now in fifth place and have been pretty good after acquiring a great coach, Hector Raul Cooper, after firing their first coach a while back. Cooper has succeeded in transforming Aris to a much better team. This is a team with a lot of talent, and if they give Cooper a chance to work with his players next year the way he wants to then they will be a force to be reckoned with. They come off a couple of losses and I’m sure they want to get back on track today against a lowly Larisa which is in 13th place at the moment. Aris wants to make the playoffs and they want to get as good a position as they can so I think they will come away with the win on Sunday.

On Sunday we also have Panthrakikos vs. Kavala
    Pick: Kavala @ 1.90 - Won (1-3)
    Time: 2:30 GMT +2

Kavala has been the surprise team of this league. They are in 6th place and are trying to clinch a spot for the playoffs. Panthrakikos is on a hot streak, but they are still in last place and going to be relegated next year to the B league. The bookmakers are giving Kavala better odds because of this and I think it’s a value bet. Let’s hope it is.

In the English Premiership
    I’ll go with Arsenal pulling off the win at Stoke

Stoke vs. Arsenal
    Pick: Arsenal @ 1.72 - Won (1-3)
    Time: 7:30 GMT +2

Stoke played on Wednesday in Cup action against a tough opponent, Manchester City and will be tired to go against the likes of a superpower like Arsenal.

Moving on to Holland Eredivisie, I think
    Heerenveen vs. Heracles
    Pick: Heerenveen @ 1.72 - Loss (1-2)
    Time: 7:45 GMT +2

I think Heerenveen is in much better form than Heracles and the win at home looks to be in order.

To finish things off, on Sunday night in Portugal Superliga
    Sporting Lisbon vs. Porto
    Pick: Porto @ 2.10 - Loss (3-0)
    Time: 10:15 GMT +2

This will be a tough game, but at the moment Porto is in better form than Sporting which has 2 losses and 2 draws in four games. Porto on the other hand scored 5 goals against Braga and is showing off some offensive power. I’ll take Porto at those odds.

I had some more games, but they started about 20 minutes ago so I'm just posting the ones that haven't started yet.

Best of Luck to anyone who chooses to play any of these games!

3-2 on the posted picks.

Not bad.

By the way, thanks Smogs!
    Wish I could do this more often! But between family, kids and work there's not much time or energy left.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to see you round Vreston, always helps having sombody that knows the greek league round, cos that league is crazy haha

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post

By the way, thanks Smogs!
    Wish I could do this more often! But between family, kids and work there's not much time or energy left.
    You have your priorities in order, gambling is just a good side thrill

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

really good call on the Arsenal game. not a lot of people considered that Arsenal had a weeks worth of rest/preparation vs a Stoke side who only had 2 days.