mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sat 17/06/06

Was thinking Portugal would win in a canter vs Iran. Mexico put three past them last time out and we saw yesterday that perhaps, just perhaps, Mexico aren't the strongest team. I think Portugal can name a score here. Hardly anything shocking there.

Czech Republic was very impressive in their demolition of the USA last game. Not much more to say here really. Gonna be tough for Ghanna.

The last game i thought was an interesting one. The poor old USA got thumped last time out but i would certainly expect them to be more competitive here. Whether they'll be good enough to beat Italy remains to be seen, but i have a nagging feeling they won't be embarrassed this time.

With crappy win prices available again tonight i think i'll mix up a couple of Portugal x Czech (x Italy/Draw) parlay combinations and try and get some kind of return.

Any thoughts?

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

the italy/usa game will not be a draw. i wish i could bet no draw.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I had Portugal and I'm not sure why. Man they stink... They all think they are lebron james or something trying to take on the entire D solo.
    I bet 3 units to win 1... Glad it held up, but I didn't feel good about that bet.

I think Italy is a VERY safe bet to win... I smell tie in the other game - but since I'm so darn nervous for the US/Italy game, I can't bet:/.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Ghana score within the first minute 1-0.

McBa1n
    Update your status

they are outplaying the czechs... great for the US right now. There's way too much diving out there and most of it is the Czechs. Man that stuff drives me up the wall. The Czechs are diving almost as much as the Argentines or Mexicans or Italians... That's sad.

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not surprised. I posted it here twice: do not consider betting on Czechs. Esp. not now when 3 attackers - Koler, Baros and Lokvenc are out.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Phew - i bet the under 2 1/2 and it held up.
    Ghana should've scored at LEAST 4 there... The gamblin gods are smiling.

mad

Great game Ghanna. Totally outplayed the Czechs tonight. Makes the next couple of games very interesting.

McBa1n
    Update your status

I can't complain being an American with a tie as a result. The players STILL have to play.
    I felt that ref should NEVER officiate again - no matter what. 2 red cards were about as bad as I've ever seen... No - the WORST I've ever seen.
    I'm not saying the US exactly got screwed. Italy had a few calls go against them... But with their diving and his quick whistle - it was clear Italy should've won that game.

Italy, actually, should be ashamed, for that result. They aren't even CLOSE to the US in talent and had a man up for 43 minutes. That's a terrible job in my eyes.
    They are a real contender for the whole thing and they tie the US... That's a bad job IMO. The US has 0 studs.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Don't mind me being a 'troll' in soccer threads. I quit my bullshit job every 4 years to watch it. It's THE best tourney in the world and it's all I really care about in football. I watch as much as I can in national team play leading up to it just as a fan. You just can't beat the cup - even when your team stinks. If I could get better coverage - I'd take time off for the European Championships - but we only get a few games on ESPN 2 over here - and that blows.

Yeah - I'm one of maybe 20 soccer dorks that is American born. I'm just lucky I have many nations married into my family to partake in this wonderful event.

mad

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    the italy/usa game will not be a draw. i wish i could bet no draw.
    You can. You can lay the "draw" at one of the exchanges.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Hey mad good call. I just thought that both teams would be playing for the win. Guess I didn't even consider Ghana for the win.