Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Unemployment check advice needed

Just put in the claim, haven't received anything yet. My gf is telling me this doesn't include the extra $300/wk but I'm having a hard time believing they would cut me a check for $784 weekly for the next 6 months. Any advice would be appreciated since it's impossible to get through to them on the phone.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

There is a maximum amount weekly benefit and I believe it changes from State to State.

TheGoldenGoose

If your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than $150,000, the American Rescue Plan enacted on March 11, 2021, excludes from income up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation paid in 2020, which means you don’t have to pay tax on unemployment compensation of up to $10,200.

TheGoldenGoose

In other words get an under the table job for the next three months and then have a full time job by the end of June and you will pay zero taxes. Also don't forget a home work station is tax deductible.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    There is a maximum amount weekly benefit and I believe it changes from State to State.
    If your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than $150,000, the American Rescue Plan enacted on March 11, 2021, excludes from income up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation paid in 2020, which means you don’t have to pay tax on unemployment compensation of up to $10,200.
    In other words get an under the table job for the next three months and then have a full time job by the end of June and you will pay zero taxes. Also don't forget a home work station is tax deductible.
    Appreciate the advice but that still doesn't tell me whether or not this includes the extra $300/wk.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

it does not. that is your rate based on your state. the extra $300 gets added automatically as a separate payment. in your bank you will see your state payment and fed payment. that is how it worked last year when i was furloughed at the start of covid.

TheGoldenGoose

If you are saying $784 was your average weekly gross when employed then $484 is probably your maximum weekly Unemployment Compensation. So NO extra $300. Remember, UC is not designed to replace your entire FT job salary. It's generally only a maximum 60-65% of your FT job earnings so that looks spot-on to me sir.
    Last edited by TheGoldenGoose; 03-31-21 at 08:08 AM.

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    it does not. that is your rate based on your state. the extra $300 gets added automatically as a separate payment. in your bank you will see your state payment and fed payment. that is how it worked last year when i was furloughed at the start of covid.
    This is why I say it changes from state to state.

pologq

if you were in NY:

The New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) determines your weekly unemployment benefit amount by dividing your earnings for the highest paid quarter of the base period by 26, up to a maximum of $504 per week. (If you earned less than $3,575 in your highest paid quarter, your earnings are divided by 25 to arrive at your weekly benefit amount.)

so the highest salaries get $504 per week. that is the normal rate without any fed assistance.

Doug tushyterror

if you were in NY:

The New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) determines your weekly unemployment benefit amount by dividing your earnings for the highest paid quarter of the base period by 26, up to a maximum of $504 per week. (If you earned less than $3,575 in your highest paid quarter, your earnings are divided by 25 to arrive at your weekly benefit amount.)

so the highest salaries get $504 per week. that is the normal rate without any fed assistance.
    That would be fukking amazing. If I didn't get reassigned to such a shitty post I would never do this but once I get this confirmed 100% with UE, gonna call my job next & tell them them I'm going on UE & to list the reason as "lack of work". Once the 6 months are up, hopefully they'll have a better post for me.
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 03-31-21 at 08:58 AM.

Doug tushyterror

If you are saying $784 was your average weekly gross when employed then $484 is probably your maximum weekly Unemployment Compensation. So NO extra $300. Remember, UC is not designed to replace your entire FT job salary. It's generally only a maximum 60-65% of your FT job earnings so that looks spot-on to me sir.
    My average weekly gross last yr. was $710, the $784 is me adding the extra $300 to the $484 UE benefit rate.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Basically, the $484 is the most you will get from your state. If the frightened people prevent you from working full time, you will receive a portion of your normal salary, up to $484. If you work enough hours (but not enough) to qualify for just $1, you will then receive a $300 kicker from the federal government.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Basically, the $484 is the most you will get from your state. If the frightened people prevent you from working full time, you will receive a portion of your normal salary, up to $484. If you work enough hours (but not enough) to qualify for just $1, you will then receive a $300 kicker from the federal government.
    Still kind of confused. My GF applies for UE regularly cuz she's constantly being furloughed & she routinely got the extra $300 + the reg. benefit up until March 14. So if I cite "lack of work" why wouldn't I also get that extra $300?

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Still kind of confused. My GF applies for UE regularly cuz she's constantly being furloughed & she routinely got the extra $300 + the reg. benefit up until March 14. So if I cite "lack of work" why wouldn't I also get that extra $300?
    i think he is saying you get the $484 from the state and the $300 federal

Doug tushyterror

Didn't even realize I got it today till just now + the extra 300. Just texted the gf.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

And now I am a little confused. You absolutely will receive the extra $300 if you qualify for even a dollar from your state.

And now I see your screenshot. Looks like you got things down.
    Last edited by deltgen; 03-31-21 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Saw extra info

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    And now I am a little confused. You absolutely will receive the extra $300 if you qualify for even a dollar from your state.
    I guess so since I just got it but now I'm wondering If I should have them take the taxes out and get less so I don't have to pay it next year.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I guess so since I just got it but now I'm wondering If I should have them take the taxes out and get less so I don't have to pay it next year.
    I wouldn't. There might be another tax exemption next year. For how much, who knows?

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I wouldn't. There might be another tax exemption next year. For how much, who knows?
    Good point I might be dead next year who knows, might as well maximize as much as I could possibly get right now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

This is not what unemployment is.

You can’t quit your job because you don’t like your post.

Unemployment is for people who lost their job and the extra is because of Covid.

This sounds like fraud to me.

You had better think twice.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

Unemployment is for people who lost their job and the extra is because of Covid.

is that the reason doug? cause your employer will probably challenge it if so.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

so u have a job but rather collect unemployment than work

shocking

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

is that the reason doug? cause your employer will probably challenge it if so.
    Never said anything about quitting my job, simply choosing to take a much needed break because the job description literally says that it's a standing post with no cell phone use at a goddamn fukkng ATM. When they have a more accommodating post I will be more than happy to fulfill my obligation as the dutiful employee I am expected to be. But until then they could eat a dick for doing me dirty & reassigning me there while employing a dirty ex-cop who's lucky he didn't wind up with a bullet in the back of his head for what he did who's my supervisor. Next week when I officially take my leave I will post the article.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Never said anything about quitting my job, simply choosing to take a much needed break because the job description literally says that it's a standing post with no cell phone use at a goddamn fukkng ATM. When they have a more accommodating post I will be more than happy to fulfill my obligation as the dutiful employee I am expected to be. But until then they could eat a dick for doing me dirty & reassigning me there while employing a dirty ex-cop who's lucky he didn't wind up with a bullet in the back of his head for what he did who's my supervisor. Next week when I officially take my leave I will post the article.
    If you are refusing the work your employee is giving you then he can and most likely will challenge your claim. He will win and you will be out of luck. I run a landscaping business in CT for over 20 years. My guys got the extra 300 all thru winter while I paid them under the table for snow removal. Now Biden passes another 300 to kick in middle of April. Lol
    Of course the young guys don't wanna come back. I told them come back to work or look for another job. I will challenge the claim..I will win. Who you think pays into the unemployment? The business owner!!
    I would be smart about saying you not gonna except the job..your employer will have the last laugh if they decide to challenge it

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    If you are refusing the work your employee is giving you then he can and most likely will challenge your claim. He will win and you will be out of luck. I run a landscaping business in CT for over 20 years. My guys got the extra 300 all thru winter while I paid them under the table for snow removal. Now Biden passes another 300 to kick in middle of April. Lol
    Of course the young guys don't wanna come back. I told them come back to work or look for another job. I will challenge the claim..I will win. Who you think pays into the unemployment? The business owner!!
    I would be smart about saying you not gonna except the job..your employer will have the last laugh if they decide to challenge it
    You make a good point but before I got reassigned last wk. to this post , the woman from HR said she had no problem with me going on UE & even said I could cite lack of work. Might be different now that I accepted the post but all I could do is call her & let her know I'm physically unable to work a standing post due to my back condition (herniated disc). I'll see what she says & take it from there.

TheGoldenGoose

It's also true that if the job reassignment takes you a certain number of miles extra travel from home (check with your state) you can refuse the reassignment and collect unemployment.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

You make a good point but before I got reassigned last wk. to this post , the woman from HR said she had no problem with me going on UE & even said I could cite lack of work. Might be different now that I accepted the post but all I could do is call her & let her know I'm physically unable to work a standing post due to my back condition (herniated disc). I'll see what she says & take it from there.
    Ya I don't know your exact situation. I just giving my opinion on a small scale. I only got bout 15 guys working for me. It burns my ass when all winter I let them collect and then give them 20$ hour cash under the table. I'm all for helping someone out..just don't fck me over now when its time go back 2 work. I work right along wth these guys..not like I'm not in the field busting my ass. Just don't fck me over and claim a unemployment claim when they got non. I been in the business 2 long and have extensive knowledge in the unemployment claims.
    Be careful guy..you will get your unemployment before your employee is notified thru mail. Then say you got 1 week paid or 2 and they challenge it and win. You will have to pay a 2 week penalty on any claim you filed. So say you got 1 week for 700. Then you end you paying back that 700 plus a 2 week penalty for 1400

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

A herniated disc is even more of a reason to stand and not sit all Fawking day and who gives a shit if you can’t use the phone while on the clock...🤣

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    A herniated disc is even more of a reason to stand and not sit all Fawking day and who gives a shit if you can’t use the phone while on the clock...🤣
    Useful tip knucks.. It was either herniated disc or spinal stenosis.. trying to figure out what's more believable

pologq

so you got money this week for the claim you filed last week? when was the last week you worked?

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3018

Way to go!

Doug tushyterror

so you got money this week for the claim you filed last week? when was the last week you worked?
    3/16-3/19..I claimed for the following wk that I didn't work

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

seems they did u wrong with the addict thing I would have went over supervisor’s head to his superiors then give u a lower paying job? hell no

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    seems they did u wrong with the addict thing I would have went over supervisor’s head to his superiors then give u a lower paying job? hell no
    That they did but being an "at will" employee they could obviously do whatever the fukk they want with 0 repercussions. I filed an internal complaint with a whistle-blower corp called "integrity counts" that's affiliated with my company 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for a response.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

why don't u just become a professional gambler

12 Last