https://apnews.com/59ece692dd804865bac9df546549ab70

newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3303

Some has to have her in their death pool

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

Yeah she's been hanging on now just barely BTW for a little while. When she kicks the game should change a bit for next year. It's setting up for a giant political fireworks display in allot of areas. I would love to see the republicans jam it down the dems throat and force a vote on the next justice. Pick a strong woman like Amy Barrett. She has the creditable republican stats needed and she would make the dems look petty when they attack her. It just looks like a good year coming up to be conservative.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

She's had one foot in the grave for a couple years now, hanging on for political bias alone.

I don't wish her any ill will, but it's kinda like McCain when he had brain cancer... why the heck haven't you stepped aside?

If she goes, the libs are going to make the country go through hell. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were nothing compared to what they are going to do.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Im pretty sure they've been doing this with her carcass for a while now:

as for the predicament the libs find themselves in, they only have the totally selfish ginsburg to blame. she refused to retire in during the next to last year of Obama's second term -- WHEN SHE WAS 82!!!! -- , when he could have EASILY named her replacement (probably garland), but stubbornness and a misplaced faith in hiLIARy kept her old ass on the bench.....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    She's had one foot in the grave for a couple years now, hanging on for political bias alone.

I don't wish her any ill will, but it's kinda like McCain when he had brain cancer... why the heck haven't you stepped aside?

If she goes, the libs are going to make the country go through hell. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were nothing compared to what they are going to do.
    In the immortal words of every Republican in 2016, let the voters decide.

MarkMakers
    MarkMakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

The mandatory retirement age for commercial airline pilots is 65yrs old. Why do we allow Supreme Court Justices to die on the bench?

hostile takeover

I have no idea what that response means of let the voters decide. Yes, the voters should decide. That's not the point I was making. Pretty sure that is obvious.

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

If trump gets to nominate a third Supreme Court judge his disastrous presidency wouldn’t be so bad after all. They killed Scalia so I doubt they are going to let Ginsburg be replaced with a conservative.

Ph q all
    Ph q all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2902

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey GOODBYE RUTH AND ANY L8BERAL POLICIES! STACKIN THE BENCH BABY! BYE BYE DEMS!!

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That's cocaine Mitch playing the political game. Watch the body won't even be in the ground yet before they announce the schedule for the confirmation hearing. Right after the impeachment trial of course, And the dems will cry foul but this is the big leagues and karma usually comes back to bite so you get what you can when you can get it so I look forward to putting the judicial boots on the dems neck. Of course I'm not advocating for a death or anything
    ,it's God's decision to make things happen. All the best to you Ginny babe and I hope you make it a much longer time.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20145

This burned out old bittch can't even stay awake during her hero's speech. And yet, we still allow her to sit on the SC.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    I have no idea what that response means of let the voters decide. Yes, the voters should decide. That's not the point I was making. Pretty sure that is obvious.
    Ask Mitch McConnell circa 2016. He declared that supreme court justices shouldn't be confirmed within a year of a presidential election, and that instead they should wait and let the voters decide (on the next president who then chooses).

retard

Ask Mitch McConnell circa 2016. He declared that supreme court justices shouldn't be confirmed within a year of a presidential election, and that instead they should wait and let the voters decide (on the next president who then chooses).
    That’s because they killed Scalia and were expecting Hillary Clinton to win in 2016. The Supreme Court would have gone liberal. McConnell didn’t kiss Obama’s ass and republicans are happy he did that.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

In the context of a split between President and Senate controlling parties. In this case, since both are controlled by GOP it is a 100% lock that, should RBG pass, Trump will appoint, and the Senate WILL confirm, a new Justice prior to January 2021 (forget the election, even if Trump is lame duck post loss he'd still get a 3rd pick on the bench here).

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    That’s because they killed Scalia and were expecting Hillary Clinton to win in 2016. The Supreme Court would have gone liberal. McConnell didn’t kiss Obama’s ass and republicans are happy he did that.
    Why would they kill him February 2016? Why not wait until after the election? What benefit to the early kill? Why didn't they kill him a couple years earlier? They isn't very smart.

I wonder if they will kill RBG before 1/20/21.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

She needs to keel over already.. She's frigg'n 100 years old and barely holding on. Throw her in a damn old folks home already or something.

Trump then gets another Judge that's a straight shooter and not a Democratic hack. Supreme Court would then be legit for A VERY LONG TIME to come!!!

Until then -

Nickelchip2
    Nickelchip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

She wasn't even the best candidate when selected, President Clinton only chose her to gain votes with the woman vote. It worked until now.
    This not retiring stunt, Ginsburn is pulling, is only accomplishing votes to lean towards President Trump. Most people recognize she will not make it much longer, and there is a high probability that the next election will decide you fills that vacancy. So if you are a republican who doesn't care much for President Trump, you will still vote for him because you don't want a democratic President choosing that Supreme Court nominee.

retard

Why would they kill him February 2016? Why not wait until after the election? What benefit to the early kill? Why didn't they kill him a couple years earlier? They isn't very smart.

I wonder if they will kill RBG before 1/20/21.
    Because it was like having Alex jones on the Supreme Court. They kill everybody if you go against the satanic new world order agenda. They killed that dnc leaker Seth rich and it was nothing. They kill people everyday. Look at Epstein when they needed him dead

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

It'll be nice to see the democrats feast on a big ol hypocrisy sandwich for a change.....

running around screaming about wanting to protect the constitution and rule of law, while also wanting to destroy both on a daily basis with their dumbass antics.... (packing the court, doing away with the electoral college, etc., things THAT THE DUMBASSES MUST KNOW ARE THE FULE OF LAW, AND IN THE CONSTITUTION....) (AND that's just one example.... nadler saying you cannot impeach a president on a political basis without bi-partisanship when his fat ass was defending clinton, now wanting to do just that is another_....

no, it will be nice to hear mcconell tell the dems to fuk off when he puts barrett up for confirmation in an election year. that old hag ginsburg isn't going to make it much longer.... i can't wait to hear the left scream about barrett.... it'll be funner than kavvy was.....

let the repubs' hypocricy begin, for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps... you obviously didn't read the fine print.... you only let the voters decide in an election year if YOUR party controls the senate and the other party is in the white house making the appointment.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 11-25-19 at 04:06 PM.

hostile takeover

Still intentionally missing the point, but that's fine.

They voters did decide in 2014, 2016, and 2018. They elected a senate with a majority of Republicans.