Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    This has nothing to do with the cops and everything to do with you admitting to drinking and driving. You're admitting the only time they bother you is when you're and idiot and do the wrong thing.

"Did I do something wrong?"
    "I would like to go home."
    "I don't drink and drive."
    "Do I have a right to remain silent?"

Then turn on your lights and go on your way.

The one thing you absolutely do not say is "Yes I was drinking and now I'm driving."
    Just because you admit to having a drink doesn't makes you guilty of anything. Whether they make you get out of the car and do a sobriety test is still a judgement call.

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

I've more Cop friends than anyother profession.

I can tell you one is a dikk, the rest I trust with my life!

just my 3 cents!!

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Just because you admit to having a drink doesn't makes you guilty of anything. Whether they make you get out of the car and do a sobriety test is still a judgement call.
    If you tell them you have been drinking they will give you the sobriety test and brethaliz you.

Never admit to drinking

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28484

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    If you tell them you have been drinking they will give you the sobriety test and brethaliz you.

Never admit to drinking
    Never answer any questions when stopped by road pirates.
    You are not required to assist them in their investigations.
    Be respectful during the encounter, but keep your mouth shut.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3198

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Exactly. There are many, many, imbeciles on this forum who obviously watch WAY too many cop TV shows.

NEVER volunteer any more information than necessary to Police.

Be respectful and KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

People who think the Police will help you the more you talk.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

guys on sbr giving advice on how to handle a situation involving police...ok.

seen so many things and different outcomes that there is not one post that can summarize what you should actually do during an encounter...it would be a novel...like one post is going to steer you in the right direction. its like one paddle stroke on a 100 mile journey down the river...

good luck all...

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    guys on sbr giving advice on how to handle a situation involving police...ok.

seen so many things and different outcomes that there is not one post that can summarize what you should actually do during an encounter...it would be a novel...like one post is going to steer you in the right direction. its like one paddle stroke on a 100 mile journey down the river...

good luck all...
    When you are involved in a discussion with the Police, and you may be vulnerable to arrest, there is NOTHING you can say that will help you. Be polite. Keep your mouth shut. Answer a simple "Yes" or "No" when possible without elaborating or volunteering information. Failure to do so, if you are indeed arrested, only makes the job of your attorney more difficult.

Defense Law 101.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The OP is spot on here

The young cops use no discretion and seem to get off on their power trip

I drive Aston Martin, they get jealous. Been pulled over for seat bealt, failure to signal turn, going 57 in a 55, suspicious road clearance height and tinted windows all in the last 24 months.

Just stupid....we need less cops
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Once someone tells a cop they have been drinking and driving during a traffic stop, the decision to investigate further has already been made.
    The idiot who ran their mouth about that shit may not be guilty, but they have pretty much insisted that the cops to look into it.

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The OP is spot on here

The young cops use no discretion and seem to get off on their power trip

I drive Aston Martin, they get jealous. Been pulled over for seat bealt, failure to signal turn, going 57 in a 55, suspicious road clearance height and tinted windows all in the last 24 months.

Just stupid....we need less cops
    Give me three guesses...

1st guess ----- Ohio?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Good advice

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Once someone tells a cop they have been drinking and driving during a traffic stop, the decision to investigate further has already been made.
    The idiot who ran their mouth about that shit may not be guilty, but they have pretty much insisted that the cops to look into it.
    Complete BS. 4 years ago I got pulled over and the cop asked me if I was OK to drive (after admitting to drinking) and I said "I'm doing better than my GF." who had her face against the passenger door glass pressing for the cold. He laughed and said go home.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Complete BS. 4 years ago I got pulled over and the cop asked me if I was OK to drive (after admitting to drinking) and I said "I'm doing better than my GF." who had her face against the passenger door glass pressing for the cold. He laughed and said go home.
    It all depends on the cop, I got pulled over doing 100 in a 30 drunk as penetrate, smoking a blunt, the weed smoke was literally still pouring out of the window when he approached the car.

He let my girlfriend who was more bombed than me drive the car home.

No tickets

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    When you are involved in a discussion with the Police, and you may be vulnerable to arrest, there is NOTHING you can say that will help you. Be polite. Keep your mouth shut. Answer a simple "Yes" or "No" when possible without elaborating or volunteering information. Failure to do so, if you are indeed arrested, only makes the job of your attorney more difficult.

Defense Law 101.
    Knew a guy that fell asleep in bumper to bumper traffic, abusing prescription meds(he was prescribed), really messed up. Officer asked him what he was on...he told them what meds he was on and added that he was over worked and just tired...they took him to the hospital, no police report, no charges...if he stayed silent or denied being on anything I'm guessing the outcome would have been different...just an example of my original post...there is no golden rule.

that being said, being polite cant hurt...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You're screwed either way. A cop knows if you've been drinking or not immediately. They've seen it all.

You say no... and you have... you're a liar. Now, in deep sh#$....

You say yes... and you're honest... a veteran cop might respect this and go easy on you. A rookie cop would be salivating.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's the truth... I've ran into a lot of girls that have admitted to sleeping with a cop. It's on most women's bucket list.

Yep you're right.

Knew one cop took a few girls INSIDE police headquarters overnight and made out with them.

One of the girls I knew who worked at City Hall was one of them and also said he'd admitted to her there had been others.

He wasn't a bad cop in other ways and was pretty cool, but, well....

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

You're screwed either way.
    Which is why it is crazy to think anyone would dig themselves the deepest hole they can to get buried in.

A cop knows if you've been drinking or not immediately. They've seen it all.

You say no... and you have... you're a liar. Now, in deep sh#$....

You say yes... and you're honest... a veteran cop might respect this and go easy on you. A rookie cop would be salivating.
    Bluehorseshoe passed the sobriety test. The only reason he was even asked to get out of the car was because he admitted to drinking.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Which is why it is crazy to think anyone would dig themselves the deepest hole they can to get buried in.

Bluehorseshoe passed the sobriety test. The only reason he was even asked to get out of the car was because he admitted to drinking.
    There's an attorney I know from a court case a long time... he also fights against criminal charges etc... in helping people avoid them. There was a specific way to get out of a DUI in the State of Michigan. I forgot exactly how he told me word for word... but it went something like this...

1. If you believe you've been drinking way too much... and you know you will blow over the legal limit... the attorney said refuse all (on spot) sobriety tests but be kind with the officer. He told me... refusing an "on spot" sobriety test in the State of Michigan isn't a crime or charge. But the officer will take you down to the station... "on suspicion".

2. The entire goal is to stall as long as you can.... hoping some of that alcohol will get out of your system. The longer you stall... better chances of passing sobriety tests "At the station." Plus the drive time to get to the station.

3. He told me... by the time you get pulled over.... and by the time the officer puts you in his squad car... and by the time you sit and wait at the station for write ups... and a sobriety examine... It's minimum 1 hour. If not approaching 2 hours...

4. By this time... hopefully you'll be under the legal limit when you do your test.

Furthermore, all of these stalling tactics aren't additional offenses.... You still have your rights...

Note: If you refuse a sobriety test AT THE STATION.... that is an additional offense... so make sure you don't refuse it at the station.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-27-19 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo

First 12