It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanmeadows View Post
    ...I have also read about different strains performing better in different environments, I can see that. When people breed landrace strains around the world, they select the best performing ones in their environment, which breeds plants that favor conditions in a specific local region...
    We were discussing this earlier. I was talking about how you are well researched, have many resources, and I don't doubt for one moment how thorough you have been. I think you've sifted through the trees and know what the forest looks like too.

What's mind boggling to me is that you this notion of different strains behaving differently is just something you've read about while you gone through resource after resource on optimal conditions. It's odd that the internet material you have stops there.

The differences between how different strains react to the conditions goes across every aspect of the plant. From water intake to the humidity and everything, I mean everything.

You can grow this shit in any conditions, to make it good you know what those coniditions should be. But at that point, we would never even begin to discuss what conditions to "optimally" grow a plant without first knowing the strain.

They are saying the west coast, from Vancouver to Mexico is always eons ahead of the rest of the country and this evidence of it.

I find that so hard to believe. In the information age, with all the automated equipment, anyone can do this in their home with a simple setup. Just like CashFlow, who's raking in the chronic right now. He's got so much he can make crazy syrups. That's awesome.

I totally understand discussing the ranges of grow conditions that make good bud, the well known general parameters and I'm not knocking anyone or any of the discussion in this thread. Not knocking it at all.

But because we have so much information now and it really matters at the higher end, to be having the optimal growing conditions discussion without addressing the strain, makes little sense to me. It's kind of crazy.

I guess that's probably why I chimed in to begin with. You guys weren't discussing the strains. I think your missing out on something you just have to do and see for yourself. You just might be surprised what happens.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    ^^^Guess that one would be for you Nash ^^^

I just did a orange juice 'spit take' laughing so hard.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

wolfmanmeadows
    wolfmanmeadows's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2020

"triangle kush, grown in the Flo Rida region, needs to be at 100% humidity going into flower"

-CannaExpert KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanmeadows View Post
    "triangle kush, grown in the Flo Rida region, needs to be at 100% humidity going into flower"

-CannaExpert KVB

Seriously though, if you have the equipment and facilties, and are serous about it, tailor the grow to the strain.

Add that to your body of research, but don't credit me. I stand on the shoulders of giants.

We don't go by what we read online, we go by what we do and see. Not because researching online is bad, but because we have our own data.

I don't know a single grower that doesn't consider the strain. Except you guys.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It's also not all roses over here with the grows.

Have a Princess Kush here. I'm just going to paste the generic description...

Princess is a mysterious cannabis strain that supposedly came from seeds in a Jack Herer bag from an Amsterdam coffee shop. The grower described the flower’s aroma as tropical and floral, a fragrance traditional Jack Herer does not possess. These seeds sprouted two other phenotypes and a few males, but Princess was kept for its potent aroma and effects. Princess’s powerful high has been described as “psychedelic” and can cause paranoia at high doses. This strong, heady strain is the ancestor of Cinderella 99.
    Cinderella 99, otherwise known as C99, or simply “Cindy,” is a sativa-dominant hybrid bred by Mr. Soul of Brothers Grimm. She’s best known for her potent cerebral high, sweet fruity flavors, and epic yields. According to Mr. Soul, C99 was created using seeds found in a Sensi branded 2 gram package of Jack Herer purchased at an Amsterdam coffee shop. Cinderella 99 is very popular with indoor growers because of its short, bushy stature, high yields, short flowering time, and high THC content. Cindy’s effects are usually described as dreamy, euphoric, and uplifting.
    Here's what I have...

THC: 27.5%
    Total Cannas:34%
    Terpenes at 1.1%
    Myrene .40, caryophyllene .21, limonene .25, Linalool .13, Humelene .09.

It's a beautiful bud, a little dark in some buds.

But the first thing that came to mind when I tried it was that it didn't use up all the nutrients after flushing.

At least some of the nugs. It's weird. I've got a bunch here and will try to exclusviely smoke it but so far mixing it with cereal milk is most medicinal.

But some nugs, not so good, might have even given me a headache.

It sucks.

wolfmanmeadows

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Seriously though, if you have the equipment and facilties, and are serous about it, tailor the grow to the strain.

Add that to your body of research, but don't credit me. I stand on the shoulders of giants.

We don't go by what we read online, we go by what we do and see. Not because researching online is bad, but because we have our own data.

I don't know a single grower that doesn't consider the strain. Except you guys.

just joking around bro

so you're saying i'm unlike any other grower you know in a class of my own? that's an honor

Points Awarded:

KVB gave wolfmanmeadows 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I already know you are in a class of your own and CashFlow is a beast these days with his work ethic and desire for results every grow will be better than the last.

wolfmanmeadows

In my opinion you guys are way to high unless you have great ventilation and even then you are too high.

We have found that this is strain specific. They really do react to the humidity differently. Take note of how temp and humidity interact. Obviously you know that warm air holds more water than cool air.

But operating at higher than 50% and close to 60% is unnecessary in any stage and the higher runs a risk of mold. You can do it, with good circulation and temp regulation, but you can seriously drop those humidity levels.

In early stages when roots aren't established you can kick the humidity up to 70% or more, it's how it gets water. Watch that temp though, keep it under 25C with lights on.

It changes in veg as the roots start taking on more water and the plant itself uses evaporation to cool. Lower the humidity about weekly through veg. You guys might take it to 50, but so many strains do better at lower. Take it to 40%.

With temps slightly higher here evap is good, stay under 27 or 28C

Keep dropping that shit for flowering. If you're not at 40%, get there, obvioulsy temp is dropping a bit for flowering too.

This is where I differ from you guys. About two weeks from cutting, maybe while flushing, I'm dropping humidity to 30% definitely less than 40%.

There are some plants that we are putting at 20% humidity in flower and those are about 40% during veg.

Keeping temp and RH down during the flowering period can be a bitch and getting the late stage lights on/off temp difference to increase with these lower levels of humidity are very important.

And a bitch to do sometimes. I think my thoughts on how it can be and is done is for another post though.

I agree with this advice, for the average grower, running higher humidity is not worth it due to the risks of losing a crop to mold.

It changes in veg as the roots start taking on more water and the plant itself uses evaporation to cool. Lower the humidity about weekly through veg. You guys might take it to 50, but so many strains do better at lower. Take it to 40%.

You weren't referencing any specific strains in your advice. It sounds like your standard operating procedure is to take your plants to 40% in veg, which is much lower than recommendations I've come across in my research. What PPFDs are you even running through seedling, veg, and flowering stages? Maybe by starting with a lower humidity in early stages of veg, that is what the plant is used to and the lower ranges are justified for you in flower and you see benefits from your parameters.
    Maybe if you took specific strains that do well for you and gave them to other growers with high ppfd, different spectrum lighting, high temperature, high humidity rooms with frequent irrigations, they would respond better to 40-50% instead of 30-40%.

I'm not shit, you have more experience, knowledge, collaboration, and proven success, I think it's cool what you're doing. I don't have any experience to talk from, I'm not claiming to be some expert. I have less than 3 chops under my belt. One of them was tahoe crosses and I ran it at as low a humidity as possible. spoke to the breeder and didn't believe him when he said the tahoe was testing over 30% because it's "impossible for the buds to hold that many trichomes" I thought. That will give you an idea of the person you are dealing with. I ran into mildrew last run as well.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't want to take credit as the smart one here, like I said the shoulders of giants.

I'd say that part about getting to 40%, or towards it by the end of flowering is pretty general advice.

Cashflow said it too, get below 50% by end of flower and I agree 100%. I'm suggesting for all grows to trend that below 50% towards that 40% through the veg process.

When I say I'm dropping to 30% there's definitely a range there. It's been tried in different conditions for the different buds.

Here's a suggestion, start getting below 50% by the end of flower. Dont' be afraid to get closer to 50% at the beginning of flower.

Avoid the 55-60 except for when you titrate down through them in the veg process to get to flowering.

This isn't varying too much from what you were doing and describing, we don't want to stress it, but if during a grow those strains seem do respond to the decrease in humidity, then take that strain further next time and see what happens.

It might be one that likes it.

I doubt hanging below 50% during these times will have a negative effect on the grow. But I suppose you never know.

The main thing in this whole discussion is that yes these plants are so alike, but so unique as well. I've learned a lot and toss some strains out and I'll see if I can find out what some of the best numbers to trend towards for them, if any, that vary too much from that standard range.

Like I was saying the GG#4 doesn't mind being ticked down a bit. Tahoe OG a lot, lol. Whenever we go to Tahoe you need chapstick and lotion because the air just dries you out...lol.

A hidden camera magic tv show could very well be one of the best ideas for TV ever. Ever since I was a kid I've always thought about doing magic to people who don't know that magic is being performed. I was a slight of hand guy, coins and thimbles. I had a lot of practice, there is still muscle memory.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Hell na cuz...

wolfmanmeadows

I have a completely different strategy that's a work in progress. Use a moisture meter with data logging to measure volumetric water content and medium EC and a quantum meter for PPFD. Birth them into high PPFD using your final flowering LED light 200-300 as early as possible if the genetics can take it.

Maintain a constant humidity in veg between 70-75% RH. Steadily raise your temps up from 75-76 in early veg to 84-86 while building up your PPFD. Take your water content lower when filling in roots at first and after transplanting. After roots are filled in, irrigate frequently 10+ times per day and keep your water content higher for vigorous, fast growth. Start irrigation at least an hour after lights on and latest an hour before lights off. Get slight runoff and keep your medium EC down. Run higher CO2 in veg as well above 1000-1200. Don't have too high of an overnight temperature difference or humidity drop and try to maintain VPD across day and night.

When you're switching to flowering, maintain 70% RH to maintain veg conditions. Match or slightly exceed your daily light intake when flipping (18 hours * veg PPFD levels before switch) = (12 hours * beginning flower PPFD levels after switch). By matching DLI going into flower or slightly exceeding it, the plant is used to those light levels and won't stretch or suffer from light burn. By getting your humidity, temps, co2, and light levels up through veg, you are setting your plants up to take higher light levels in flower and increase yields and quality supposedly.

After flowering, here's where I'm researching more. Immediately after flipping supposedly you are supposed to continue vegetative steering techniques. Then in early flower during initial stretch, you decrease your irrigation frequency for bigger drybacks. You take your water content lower and let the medium EC build up. This will cause a reproductive effect producing shorter internode spacing and stacking more bud sites instead of stretching with more stem. This is how you build bud sites to maximize for yield. After the initial flower stretch once bud sites are formed, you bring down the medium EC and irrigate more frequently for the bulking phase to maximize yield. Also start to bring down humidity when bud sites have formed. Finally closer to flush, you switch back to generative irrigation strategy while bringing down temps, humidity, co2, feeding EC, and medium EC. Still figuring out flower defoliation patterns.

You can't go down to the corner store and get a gorilla glue clone like you can in some places. You don't have to find the right environment for the genetics if you find the right genetics for the environment. Genetics I'm looking for super stickyness, great washer, structure and height I like, response to topping, great hash rosin, flavor I like, and a great yielder in a hot, bright, tropical environment like my room, not tahoe conditions. Also not looking to run monocrops, I want flavor and variety in my medicine. I can adjust 2x4 light fixture height and irrigation strategies between zones, but the humidity has to remain the same across all genetics for people with a single room.

If you can push them as hard as you can and use advanced irrigation techniques aided by sensors, I would rather find genetics that do well in that environment that can be great yielders and potentially get closer to the 4 a light goal.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Hell na cuz...

Yo cuz deez niccas is triflin’ you feel me ...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

Is this just a weed thread now?

Or can we still post hotties?

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Is this just a weed thread now?

Or can we still post hotties?

This thread is what you make it Daggles. I’d let the whale blow me as I pet the kitty.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Daggles?
    Hypothetical?

Let’s say you have Lily hot perfect ten step-daughter.
    Would you?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Uh oh .

Fidel_CashFlow

Former Weather Presenter Yanet Garcia Announces She Too Will Be Cashing In On OnlyFans

BeatTheJerk

Former Weather Presenter Yanet Garcia Announces She Too Will Be Cashing In On OnlyFans
    Fuckin’ whores are gettin’ paid bro. Great time to be one pandemic set these bitches off & put them on blast in a good way. Money funneling in for WhoreRUS. Jelly af ...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Fuckin’ whores are gettin’ paid bro. Great time to be one pandemic set these bitches off & put them on blast in a good way. Money funneling in for WhoreRUS. Jelly af ...
    W.E.R.D y0

Fidel_CashFlow

Yanet gonna make a decent amount of money

Fidel_CashFlow

Fidel_CashFlow

Fidel_CashFlow