Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Tradgedy

Rip

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    At the end of the day we bash players on here and say they suck this and that but reality is even the worst player in the nfl or nhl or nba or mlb is one of the most gifted athletes in the country. If my son ever makes it to one of those leagues and does nothing that is a huge major success
    That's fine. All I'm saying is I think Schefter was providing a synopsis of Haskins' career in case people weren't sure who it was that had passed. He wasn't passing judgement or condemnation.

People have been conditioned by society to be outraged at anything and everything.. If they're not offended by breakfast, they start getting jitters.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I did. I don't see the problem.
    i don't either

cancel culture

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    He tweeted how he struggled to stay on the commanders and steelers and people are saying why you saying this right after the man died.
    Yeah, I was on Twitter with Rosenthal and his gang earlier when he originally posted that.
    Scheffler is a an asshole lately, people who work with him say he's under pressure lately, whatever, he's always been pretty much an asshole.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

https://wsvn.com/news/local/dump-tru...rt-lauderdale/

I think this is the accident. It says he was hit by a dump truck at 6:37 am. Probably it was dark. A lot of questions here.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, I was on Twitter with Rosenthal and his gang earlier when he originally posted that.
    Scheffler is a an asshole lately, people who work with him say he's under pressure lately, whatever, he's always been pretty much an asshole.
    didn't he just get a 10 million contract extension with ESPN

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Then why did he delete it?

Everyone who knows who Haskins was, knew about his history. No need to bring that up again after he died. It wasn't like he was a criminal or anything.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Horrible, RIP Dwayne

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Don't know whats around the corner, girl with her locker beside me in high school got hit by a bus while traveling Europe and the girl with her locker on the side of me died before the age of 20 of a bacterial infection they could never figure out. Enjoy doing the things you can while you can. RIP DH

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

What the fukk does Haskins struggles in the NFL have to do with him losing his life? It's a bitch move. Tearing a guy down when he's dead?? How dumb can you be for saying shit like this? You may think it but to actually write it in a tweet?? Shefter can go get fukked. You may not see anything wrong with it but I'm sure his family don't want to read that shit right now. Much too soon and has nothing to do with a guy in Florida trying to work out with teammates, doing everything he can to be a better person and Shefter shitted on him.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That tweet wasn't throwing shade imo, it's reminding people who Dwayne Haskins was, briefly summing up his stints in the NFL. It's not like Haskins was a household name who everyone immediately recognizes.
    A struggling NFL QB is NOT who Haskins was. He was a man, a son, a husband, a brother, a friend, a teammate, a person trying to better himself, just like all of us. That tweet is definitely throwing shade and was totally uncalled for. Think before you press send you dumb ass. You and I can debate on this forum about his struggles but if we're in the media, what gives us the right to down a guy when he's dead and can't defend himself. That's a bitch move.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    https://wsvn.com/news/local/dump-truck-fatally-strikes-pedestrian-along-i-595-wb-lanes-in-fort-lauderdale
    I think this is the accident. It says he was hit by a dump truck at 6:37 am. Probably it was dark. A lot of questions here.
    I heard there's video but it's been taken down. Tragic.

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Just heard on the news. Only 24 that's a shame. RIP

Mac4Lyfe

That's fine. All I'm saying is I think Schefter was providing a synopsis of Haskins' career in case people weren't sure who it was that had passed. He wasn't passing judgement or condemnation.
    People have been conditioned by society to be outraged at anything and everything.. If they're not offended by breakfast, they start getting jitters.
    NO ONE who follows football doesn't know Dwayne Haskins. He threw a record 50 TD passes in a single season at Ohio State. He was the 15th pick in 2019. He was a young QB with a bright future. Wouldn't you expect a QB ~2 years in the league to struggle while learning??? What the FUKKK does any of it have to do with him losing his life? It doesn't.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    didn't he just get a 10 million contract extension with ESPN
    Yeah, thing is it came with a shitload of extra responsibilities.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    A struggling NFL QB is NOT who Haskins was. He was a man, a son, a husband, a brother, a friend, a teammate, a person trying to better himself, just like all of us. That tweet is definitely throwing shade and was totally uncalled for. Think before you press send you dumb ass. You and I can debate on this forum about his struggles but if we're in the media, what gives us the right to down a guy when he's dead and can't defend himself. That's a bitch move.
    Shut up lol

The only reason he's being mentioned is because he played football.

If it wasn't for his mediocre nfl career there'd likely be no mention of his death at all outside of Ohio.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I heard there's video but it's been taken down. Tragic.
    Yes it is tragic but I want to know more about this when the police report comes out. These types of accidents happen a lot here in Atlanta interstates. It's usually a driver that got out of their vehicle for some reason and walked in a lane were vehicles drive at high speeds. Maybe he wasn't familiar with his surroundings or how dangerous it is to get out of your car on the interstate.

Mac4Lyfe

Conditioned by Society?? WTF? Imagine you preparing for your moms funeral and some beat reporter tweets, she was a struggling housewife. It's not about being offended or getting jitters. It's recognizing and asshole for being an asshole.

MinnesotaFats

Conditioned by Society?? WTF? Imagine you preparing for your moms funeral and some beat reporter tweets, she was a struggling housewife. It's not about being offended or getting jitters. It's recognizing and asshole for being an asshole.
    Because Noone has ever reported on drug abuse or mental health struggles when celebs die

Mac you're wrong here

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Yes it is tragic but I want to know more about this when the police report comes out. These types of accidents happened a lot here in Atlanta interstates. It's usually a driver that got out of their vehicle for some reason and walked in a lane were vehicles drive at high speeds. Maybe he wan't familiar with his surroundings or how dangerous it is to get out of your car on the interstate.
    I heard it was dark or hazy so maybe he didn't see the dump truck. I'm sure more will come out. Did the truck strike his car? I lived in Atlanta and I've seen a bunch of accidents. A lot of roads don't have much room to get out and walk. A lot of people get struck during the rain in Atlanta as well.

About Haskins getting out of the car. I heard running out of gas but you never really know. And that doesn't mean he was careless and didn't fill it up. I've seen cars lose gas when a rock or piece of metal punctures the gas tank. We'll have to wait and see. He or the driver of the truck could have been impaired, weather could be involved but sometimes accidents just happen. They happen fast and are irreversible. Just tragic.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Because Noone has ever reported on drug abuse or mental health struggles when celebs die
    Mac you're wrong here
    Are you really trying to compare drug abuse and mental health to Dwayne Haskins? I know you don't give a shit because he's a black QB.

Drug abuse and mental health could be a reason for someone dying. Being a backup QB in the NFL is not.

MinnesotaFats

Are you really trying to compare drug abuse and mental health to Dwayne Haskins? I know you don't give a shit because he's a black QB.

Drug abuse and mental health could be a reason for someone dying. Being a backup QB in the NFL is not.
    No, but being a mediocre nfl player is reason to highlight WHY Shefter is reporting his story and not the 10 other dudes who got run over last night night.

If he was any good, the story would be NFL Star Haskins run over.

But alot of people don't know who he is or confuse him w the other black mediocre OSU qbs out there

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    No, but being a mediocre nfl player is reason to highlight WHY Shefter is reporting his story and not the 10 other dudes who got run over last night night.If he was any good, the story would be NFL Star Haskins run over.But alot of people don't know who he is or confuse him w the other black mediocre OSU qbs out there
    Amazing a degenerate gambler calling an NFL player, any NFL player mediocre and unknown. That's laughable. Thankfully, you have accomplished so much more with your scam check cashing shops, stealing from the black people you hate so much. You are much more successful and everyone knows you. Good job my guy.

Eddy Munny

So if "struggling" is such a heinous word, isn't it then canceled out by the word "standout" which Schefter also used to describe Haskins? He merely reported on the athlete who died. He stated facts about his professional career, not judgments on his character or ability.

Not everyone knows who Haskins is, especially casual observers.

It was more or less a blurb to get the facts out. It was not a eulogy or a life retrospect for fukks sake.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

So if "struggling" is such a heinous word, isn't it then canceled out by the word "standout" which Schefter also used to describe Haskins? He merely reported on the athlete who died. He stated facts about his professional career, not judgments on his character or ability.

It was more or less a blurb to get the facts out. It was not a eulogy or a life retrospect for fukks sake.
    I think neither way needed to be said, standout or struggling. For people that didnt know him you can simply say quarterback for Steelers and Washington. I think the point Mac is trying to make is how does calling out his struggles get any facts out there. It doesnt add to anything
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, thing is it came with a shitload of extra responsibilities.
    Wow! Imagine getting paid for extra responsibility. ESPN should encourage my employer to do the same.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I think neither way needed to be said, standout or struggling. For people that didnt know him you can simply say quarterback for Steelers and Washington. I think the point Mac is trying to make is how does calling out his struggles get any facts out there. It doesnt add to anything
    Braxton Miller, J.T. Barrett, Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Justin Fields, CJ Stroud.... ETC.

At a glance, do you immediately differentiate who did what with whom and when???

He reported "standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL..." to outline which random Ohio State standout quarterback we're talking about here.

You guys can stay mad if you want to. This conversation is beyond stupid as far as I'm concerned.

Mac4Lyfe

Eddy, reread my post. If someone called our beloved mothers “struggling “ of anything, even if she was a bad mom, wouldn’t you be saying… “what the Fukk”? It’s not his place nor the time for him to say it. Does he have the right to say it? Yes but that doesn’t mean he should. It’s not about cancelling anyone, it’s about letting someone know they are being a huge dick. Too many people think they can and should say whatever they want. Think before you say it. Schefter at least took the tweet down, so even he knows it was in poor taste.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Braxton Miller, J.T. Barrett, Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Justin Fields, CJ Stroud.... ETC.

At a glance, do you immediately differentiate who did what with whom and when???

He reported "standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL..." to outline which random Ohio State standout we're talking about here.

You guys can stay mad if you want to. This conversation is beyond stupid as far as I'm concerned.
    Why do you have to differentiate between the players? That would be like saying Bill the grumpy asshole at work got hit by a car and died today, so that everyone didnt confuse Bill with Stan, Will, Rich, etc. Its a weird description to add to show clarity on who I'm talking about.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Obviously, some of Haskins family, friends and teammates are mad at Schefter. I’m not mad, I’m just surprised that anyone , especially Schefter, could tweet that and not think it would be insensitive? Maybe he did it on purpose? Whatever the reason, it’s a really low dick move. If you are in the media Munny, I recommend you not to think it’s a good career move to do. Cardale Jones might give that man an ass whooping the next time he sees him.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I played poker all night during the poker boom 2004-06 just north of Louisville on the Indiana side and ran out of gas one night at 4am or whatever. Luckily the access lanes were huge, but I must've walked 2-3 miles atleast towards the Clarksville, IN exit. Got picked up by a black tranny with shoulders wider then mine but she/he was nice and got me where I needed to go. Running out of gas can be dangerous. Nobody should die that young

Eddy Munny

Eddy, reread my post. If someone called our beloved mothers “struggling “ of anything, even if she was a bad mom, wouldn’t you be saying… “what the Fukk”? It’s not his place nor the time for him to say it. Does he have the right to say it? Yes but that doesn’t mean he should. It’s not about cancelling anyone, it’s about letting someone know they are being a huge dick. Too many people think they can and should say whatever they want. Think before you say it. Schefter at least took the tweet down, so even he knows it was in poor taste.
    Read my reply to Goduke. You either get it or you don't. Too much virtue signaling going on here for no reason.

If Johnny Manziel were to tragically pass away tomorrow you'd probably see something along the lines of:

"Johnny Manziel, a former standout and Heisman trophy winner at Texas A&M before struggling to catch on with the Cleveland Browns died this morning when a pterodactyl swooped down and plucked him from his homestead in west Texas, per his agent Ronald McDonald."

​STrUgGlinG To CatCH On WitH CLeVeLaNd???

Oh the humanity!!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Read my reply to Goduke. You either get it or you don't. Too much virtue signaling going on here for no reason.

If Johnny Manziel were to tragically pass away tomorrow you'd probably see something along the lines of:

"Johnny Manziel, a former standout and Heisman trophy winner at Texas A&M before struggling to catch on with the Cleveland Browns died this morning when a pterodactyl swooped down and plucked him from his homestead in west Texas, per his agent Ronald McDonald."

​STrUgGlinG To CatCH On WitH CLeVeLaNd???

Oh the humanity!!!!

Sorry but the struggling to catch on is in poor taste. Leave that part out. When someone dies it is common courtesy to talk only good about them. That may be frustrating to you who wants to be more descriptive but that’s a basic rule of decency. The old saying, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything” applies here.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Why do you have to differentiate between the players? That would be like saying Bill the grumpy asshole at work got hit by a car and died today, so that everyone didnt confuse Bill with Stan, Will, Rich, etc. Its a weird description to add to show clarity on who I'm talking about.
    Why wouldn't you want clarity?

They're individuals, are they not?

I'd say you're being more offensive right now than Adam Schefter assuming they're all the same.

Would you care that Stanley Johnson of Des Moines, IA died in a farming accident last Wednesday? Probably not, thus you acknowledge that you inherently differentiate between people who have recently passed.

First 12345 ... Last