ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Post game stats that even pro gamblers cannot overcome.

Stats such as Gonzaga's last two wins.

This Santa Clara team, coming to the Zags court had me believing this huge crowd and a winning streak with wipeouts like, maybe, they had never seen before, I saw this game as a likely blowout even more likely than any of those other strings of big margin wins the past 15 games?
    In those 15 many blowout wins, you can simply discard 3 of these that were only won by 14, and two with 16 margins.

Those closer 3 wins and the other 12 no-contest wins came after that loss to Alabama, way back to Dec. 4th.
    So, the Zags wipeout run totals were at 15 wins in a row and now coming home for an overfilled crowd, these fans will expect the same; a total wipeout of this nice-looking Santa Clara team who is sitting at 18/9 and headed to the Zags homecourt.

And yes, and being a 22 1/2 point dog, you just know it's coming.

Was it fate or Few's game plan? No doubt, Few designed this game to be somewhat of an experimental-type game, allowing 2 freshmen in the game very early--did they even start?
    Me? I was waiting for a game just like this one, playing to a hungry home crowd wanting a real stomping of this Santa Clara team.

So I did the smart thing, like an insurance plan. I played the first half with only half the amount as I did for the entire game.
    With the easy-13 by half, well, if not, then I would expect a blowout for the second half, which would have me covering the -22 I wagered.
    Yeah, the Zags stomped S.C. by 2 points in the second half.

Neither one happened and I would guess I wasn't the only surprised sucker left with his tongue hanging out afterward?

The fooler for sports gamblers: :Your deep thinking pregame handicapping may be only worth 1 cent if you know nothing of what each coach has planned for a typical game such as this one?

Now, let's go forward to the San Fran game, and on the road.
    From the very first tipoff, this game already looked to be bagged. So, Mr. Few had a much different game plan for his starters this time around? And who would know of this entirely different game scenario? Not me.
    But, see, if the players knew the pregame plan, and also have relatives who love to wager on their favorite team...some of those kissin'-cousins just may get lucky and win a few extra bucks for the grocery bills?

* The telling stats and facts: The Zag starters in the first S.C.game: Starters averaged 68% of playing time and the reserves totaled a playing time of 49 minutes.

**The S.F. game: The starters averaged playing time was at 80%, and all five starters were in double figures. Well, Bolton had 9 points.
    The reserves scored 7 points for the Zags.

Against S.C., the reserves played a total of 49 minutes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

too much analysis
    stats mean nothing

nobody can predict player performance any given day any sport

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    too much analysis
    stats mean nothing

nobody can predict player performance any given day any sport
    Yes, but certainly not a coach's pregame plan either, well, unless you are very close to the coach?
    He certainly had two completely different game plans for those two back-to-back games, 2 days apart.
    He sure fooled me at 100%. Coming home after a 15 game win streak and playing a somewhat patsy, while looking mediocre?
    Then you hit the road to a 10 point underdog team with a dangerous-looking 22/7 record? No contest.