Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3184

GL Bro . Licking my chops for this game
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Machba 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh

You see this like me
    Lake, don't need to listen to me. Just my read on it:

*Stafford is SUPPOSED to lead the team to a win. And he's the main guy who can screw it up.

*Burrow has to be loose as a goose. Lovin life, will have more chances if they blank here.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Ask 10 of your friends who they hope will win the Superbowl. That's who the public is on.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    It's not true that the entire SBR forum is on the Rams. Looking at what people are posting for the contest shows quite the opposite.

What people on here like does not matter. It's what people are betting with real cash that matters.

At the moment, the public is on the Bengals and that's why the line keeps on dropping to -4 from -4.5, and I can only guess the sharps are betting more on the -4 and moving the line right back up to -4.5. That's just my guess.

The early line move is on the Rams this Super Bowl, which really sucks. The early line move is 11-2-1 in the last 14 years. That's whopping 79% win rate and I sure don't want to go against it.
    That explains when all the bad gamblers betting a few days after the Conference championship ended. The Chiefs last year and the Rams this year. That 79% win rate is a good statistic. The worst gamblers I seen is this online personality named TimTheTatman, he got 0-7 in football predictions this year. He's on the Rams.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

People forget that bengals made it to the Super Bowl too. 1) Joe Burrow is unquestionably the superior qb compared to stafford, and he has all the momentum and confidence riding into this game. Enough said. 2) LA is a trendy team given the star studded cast and city that it is in. The media is all over LA for big market reasons. Having said that, the last 8 games the rams played have not been dominant at all, and without a doubt they wouldn’t be able to beat kc once let alone twice, esp in arrowhead. 3) LA beat the niners barely and the Bengals win was way more impressive versus the nfc championship. 4) the resiliency of bengals and joe burrow, again, speaks for itself. Titans sacked him 9 times, yet a second year rookie got the W. There’s no way Donald and miller will do more than that and it speaks for itself. 5) LA secondary is trash and bengals have 3 solid receivers. this game is so obvious.

Bengals + points the hella safe bet.
    Bengals ML will probs win but given that I’m putting 15k on the game. I’ll take the points and relish in my W.

Good luck Rams fans lmao. I understand you need all the affirmation you can get.

psufan

Also, I’m 8-2 this playoffs year (bills and pack were only ones I was wrong) and am 8/9 the last 9 superbowls. I never been more confident in a pick as this one all year.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Is anyone caping the revenge factor????

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Think long think wrong.

I must stop that and go with what just came into my head.

All I read so far about this Super Bowl is how great the Rams' D-line is and how poor the Bengals' O-line is and the Rams will dominate in the trenches and therefore more likely to win than not.

Well, the games don't normally play out to what the so called experts tell you. Not only that, all that talk about how great the D-line is for the Rams should give some chips on the shoulders for the Bengals offensive linemen and they should fight like a dog and protect Joe Burrow just enough for him to make the throws. If he's protected, the Rams are toast.

I just talked myself back to taking the Bengals.

I just can't trust Stafford to cover the points.

Besides, Jalen Ramsey just said on ESPN how he is the best in the game for years. Well, the WRs he defended got over 100+ yards in both the Divisional and the Conference games, so I don't know how great he is but all of the Bengals WRs can probably hang 100+ on him and I hope they do.
    How is the Bengals oline going to stop the Rams dline.
    To any Bengals backers here, how do you solve that problem.

budwiser

Specifically to Bengals backers, how is Joe Burrow going to stop from getting sacked about 10 times.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    Titans sacked him 9 times, yet a second year rookie got the W.
    This is what gets me.

Joe Burrow got none of the Ws. Ryan Tannehill threw I think 3 interceptions including a pick 6 and couldn't convert a 4th down.

Tannehill could have won the game, threw an interception.

As for the Raiders, could have won the game 1st and goal. KC, Mahomes threw an int during the 2nd half and in overtime.

In all of these games, the team the Bengals were playing were in a position to win the game, and couldn't. Joe Burrow was not on the field.

imo Joe Burrow is getting way too much credit for these Bengals wins.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

A quote from fivethirtyeight dot com.

"On the other side of the ball, the Rams have often relied on Stafford’s heroics late in games to pull out the win — he has an 83.4 QBR in the fourth quarter this season, tops among all NFL QBs (and about 19 points higher than his overall adjusted QBR) — but the Bengals have shown an ability to adapt and shut down opposing passers as games go on this postseason. In the playoffs, Cincinnati has gone from allowing a QBR of 69 in the first halves of games to just 9 in the second halves (or overtime), often by employing fewer pass-rushers and more defenders in coverage. If the Bengals can use that tendency to short-circuit Stafford’s clutch play, don’t be shocked if Cincy’s huge edge in special teams (they’re No. 3 in EPA, versus No. 28 for L.A.) makes a difference in a close game. With 12 field goals on 12 attempts in these playoffs — including two game-winners — kicker Evan McPherson is chasing Adam Vinatieri’s 2006 record for the most made kicks (14) in a single postseason."

Great info on the Special Teams gap! In what should be a close game, I'll take the stronger Specials. Found out the hard way with GB how that can cost you...

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Specifically to Bengals backers, how is Joe Burrow going to stop from getting sacked about 10 times.
    Either that or he gonna throw some picks

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8007

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Ask 10 of your friends who they hope will win the Superbowl. That's who the public is on.
    My two little girls, 9 and 11 years old, play Roblox all the time with a whole bunch of other little and early teenage kids.

I asked the girls to ask the other players on Roblox who they like between the Rams and the Bengals. The answer was 100% Rams. Most likely because they don't know what the Bengals are.

So, I had the girls ask differently; Rams or Tigers. Now, the majority of the kids picked the Tigers. So, I'm betting the Tigers. I mean after all, it's the year of the Tiger.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    People forget that bengals made it to the Super Bowl too. 1) Joe Burrow is unquestionably the superior qb compared to stafford, and he has all the momentum and confidence riding into this game. Enough said. 2) LA is a trendy team given the star studded cast and city that it is in. The media is all over LA for big market reasons. Having said that, the last 8 games the rams played have not been dominant at all, and without a doubt they wouldn’t be able to beat kc once let alone twice, esp in arrowhead. 3) LA beat the niners barely and the Bengals win was way more impressive versus the nfc championship. 4) the resiliency of bengals and joe burrow, again, speaks for itself. Titans sacked him 9 times, yet a second year rookie got the W. There’s no way Donald and miller will do more than that and it speaks for itself. 5) LA secondary is trash and bengals have 3 solid receivers. this game is so obvious.

Bengals + points the hella safe bet.
    Bengals ML will probs win but given that I’m putting 15k on the game. I’ll take the points and relish in my W.

Good luck Rams fans lmao. I understand you need all the affirmation you can get.
    I hope you are damn right. I was leaning between 10 to 20K on the Bengals. I'm with you now. I just hope the Sharps are on the wrong side this time with their early bets.

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3184

First 10 i asked say rams in a blowout. All say Bengals offensive line is horrible and burrow will be on his back the entire day and will get hurt by donald.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

LB has a clue. The Bengals it is!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    First 10 i asked say rams in a blowout. All say Bengals offensive line is horrible and burrow will be on his back the entire day and will get hurt by donald.
    Lol no you didn't

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

How is the Bengals oline going to stop the Rams dline.
    To any Bengals backers here, how do you solve that problem.
    I watched and re-watched the Bengals' last 3 playoff games, and I'm going to watch them again later (I also watched Rams games too). All I can say is that Joe Burrow was getting the ball out rather quickly and that's the answer. I also read somewhere that he is ranked 4th in getting the ball out the fastest and honestly he is getting it out even faster in the playoffs. That's only going to frustrate the Rams' d-linemen and it could end up leading to the unnecessary roughing penalties. Who the hell knows.

The bottom line is this. Who do you trust more to cover for you? Burrow or Stafford?

Burrow also said recently that he trusts that his O-line will keep him protected. I know they suck, but if he trusts them then I believe him.

Besides, Madden Football is NEVER WRONG (NOT; only 50/50 at best). I saw two Madden 22 prediction videos on YouTube. One was 24-21 Bengals win and the other one was a complete blowout win by the Bengals (not very likely).

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    That's all the Bengals' O-line is reading and hearing about since the Conference championship games ended and that has to somehow light a fire under their butts and therefore they will have to play their butts off to protect Burrow. If they don't, then the Bengals will be in big trouble for sure.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Either that or he gonna throw some picks
    Who is more likely to throw picks? Burrow or Stafford?

Do I even need to ask that?

You are probably biased because of your Rams future bet.

I also read yesterday that the books are pulling for the Rams win and not cover. That's the best scenarios for the books they said. That would let you win your future bet on the Rams and my Bengals bet if I do end up pulling the trigger on Sunday.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Lol no you didn't
    Everyone I know is on the rams

WHO are the great sbr cappers on?

I haven't seen seaweed post. What about goat milk?

Are any of those guys posting?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Burrow vs Stafford.. I take Burrow all day long and twice on Sunday. End of story!!

psufan

I hope you are damn right. I was leaning between 10 to 20K on the Bengals. I'm with you now. I just hope the Sharps are on the wrong side this time with their early bets.
    What’s that saying. Professional handicappers, atleast the good ones, win 58 % of the time given a season? Sharps lose just as much as they win. They just win a little more and that razor sharp margin is how they collect. Didn’t everyone and their momma think Mahomes was gonna win last year vs Brady? Hindsight is always 2020 and these deluded idiotic degens of sbrforum ride the rams wave bc it’s the easy way out given the overrated star cast. Bengals are penetrating good and the afc championship showed it.

psufan

That word penetrate was supposed to be something else haha.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Everyone I know is on the rams

WHO are the great sbr cappers on?

I haven't seen seaweed post. What about goat milk?

Are any of those guys posting?
    Seaweed is on the Rams to win all FOUR quarters. He didn't post a side bet.

Goat Milk is on the Rams ML.

So, they are both on the Rams.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Seaweed is on the Rams to win all FOUR quarters. He didn't post a side bet.

Goat Milk is on the Rams ML.

So, they are both on the Rams.
    Is Goat Milk mush like Weeds? That's news to me if so...

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

This is what gets me.

Joe Burrow got none of the Ws. Ryan Tannehill threw I think 3 interceptions including a pick 6 and couldn't convert a 4th down.

Tannehill could have won the game, threw an interception.

As for the Raiders, could have won the game 1st and goal. KC, Mahomes threw an int during the 2nd half and in overtime.

In all of these games, the team the Bengals were playing were in a position to win the game, and couldn't. Joe Burrow was not on the field.

imo Joe Burrow is getting way too much credit for these Bengals wins.
    I don't think of it that way. It's the Bengals' D that's on fire lately, so it's the combination of Joe Burrow's plays and the defense that's driving the Bengals.

KC scored only 3 points in the 2nd half. That's credit to the Bengals defense more so than Mahomes playing so badly. KC should have ran the ball more but they didn't so it's also on the coaches too.

I'm praying McVay didn't notice that and run the ball like crazy if the Bengals drop 8 to defend the pass like they did in the 2nd half of the Conference Championship game.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Is Goat Milk mush like Weeds? That's news to me if so...
    JIBBBY, I know you are from the LA area, so I'm surprised that you aren't taking the Rams.

Does JIBBBY stand for anything?

As for Goat Milk, I didn't track his post records, but what I've seen in the past 10 years or so logging in here and there, I can only say he is more on the negative side. Someone else can chime in and post what they know about Goat Milk's pick posts.

psufan

We got this DJK. I like how you watch the games. You got a good eye, and not just bc you are betting on my side. Let the game play out and all the doubters will stay quiet.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

JIBBBY, I know you are from the LA area, so I'm surprised that you aren't taking the Rams.

Does JIBBBY stand for anything?

As for Goat Milk, I didn't track his post records, but what I've seen in the past 10 years or so logging in here and there, I can only say he is more on the negative side. Someone else can chime in and post what they know about Goat Milk's pick posts.
    I do like the Rams and want them to win with my heart. I bet with my mind though and everything screams Bengals to me.

Money talks..

Oh and JIBBBY means nothing. Just something I typed in on all the forums years ago to make it stick in a hurry and I stuck with that name on all the forums since. I was impatient at the time and didn't care about a screen name. Lazy.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

That's all the Bengals' O-line is reading and hearing about since the Conference championship games ended and that has to somehow light a fire under their butts and therefore they will have to play their butts off to protect Burrow. If they don't, then the Bengals will be in big trouble for sure.
    They really got ripped after giving up the 9 vs Tennessee but held up nicely vs KC. Obviously KC D line not comparable to LA but with 2 weeks to prep, Taylor and Co will have some new wrinkles - they'll make sure Burrow has time, quicker throws, etc.

MartingaleMikey
    MartingaleMikey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Burrow vs Stafford.. I take Burrow all day long and twice on Sunday. End of story!!
    Outside of qb the Rams are better at every position. Aaron Donald is the best player on the field.

MartingaleMikey
    MartingaleMikey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Lakerboy takes the dog in literally every game. The only time he’s ever taken a favorite was when he claimed to bet $1 mil on the 49ers -4 vs the Ravens. He simply fades the forum.

Meanwhile Goatmilk is the Colon Cowturd of Sbr... he is a front running idiot who sucks off the favorite and bets Lebron, Durant and other public favorites and pretends to be black while watching cuck porn 24/7. Remember when he said the Nets starting 5 was one of the best teams ever with KG and Pierce. The guy is a moron like Thomorino🤣

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MartingaleMikey View Post
    Outside of qb the Rams are better at every position. Aaron Donald is the best player on the field.
    Only if you are right about that.

Evan McPherson>Matt Gay
    Chase+Higgins+Boyd>Kupp+Beckham Jr
    Mixon>Akers

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Anyone know lakers superbowl record

First 12345 Last