Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24975

Feels Like Every Dog is Live This Weekend Except for the Steelers

Pitt realistically isn't going to upend the Chiefs but none of the other dogs on the slate should be dead on arrival. Even the Eagles have the capability to make it a tight game against Brady's Bucs as long as they don't self destruct.

Should make for some dramatic games, bettors going to be walking a tight rope.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 238

U gotta b more specific

not just every dog but the biggest one

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    U gotta b more specific

not just every dog but the biggest one
    Well I already ruled out the Steelers as far as outright winners go, so the biggest one left would be the Iggles.

I'm not saying I'm gonna blindly bet all the dogs, but there's far worse strategies out there.

This might be a good opportunity, Johnny, for you to get on one of those one game winning streaks of yours.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3460

Get Em EDDY yeah like a couple of dogs in LV, SF and AZ. See what happens.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Get Em EDDY yeah like a couple of dogs in LV, SF and AZ. See what happens.
    Can't argue with any of these, although, if I'm playing devil's advocate, the Raiders and the Niners both played very emotionally/physically draining games this past weekend, fighting tooth and nail for their playoff lives, and now hit the highway against teams who effectively had the week off.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Is there a dog heaven?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Is there a dog heaven?

Rockstar69
    Rockstar69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

I think Pitt is the best dog play.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3460

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Can't argue with any of these, although, if I'm playing devil's advocate, the Raiders and the Niners both played very emotionally/physically draining games this past weekend, fighting tooth and nail for their playoff lives, and now hit the highway against teams who effectively had the week off.
    yeah valid assertion. I teased up the niners to 10. think they can keep it close.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar69 View Post
    I think Pitt is the best dog play.
    But eddy already said they can’t win

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We know the national football league on any given Sunday anybody can win stop acting like a rookie

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Tom Brady and the bucs biggest trap. He won’t have a pocket he’s 50 years old he will struggle to score points like he did against the saints. It will probably be rigged for a close Tom Brady game coming down to the wire. All the usa are doing the promotion bet 5$ to win 300 on any favorite. A heavy favorite like Tom Brady is probably going to lose.

Eddy Munny

But eddy already said they can’t win
    There's a trend that favors the Steelers, it has to do with teams with a negative point differential in the regular season, for which Pitt qualifies. Those teams are 5-0 against the spread and I believe straight up as well in their wildcard playoff games. This trend spans many years of course because it's rare that a team with a negative point differential cracks the playoffs. I believe it was Teddy Covers who shared this tidbit.

Go 'head and take a stab on the ML Johnny, worse that could happen is you play to form and lose another air bet.

Better double down on the points though, just in case.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    Tom Brady and the bucs biggest trap. He won’t have a pocket he’s 50 years old he will struggle to score points like he did against the saints. It will probably be rigged for a close Tom Brady game coming down to the wire. All the usa are doing the promotion bet 5$ to win 300 on any favorite. A heavy favorite like Tom Brady is probably going to lose.
    I think so too. A lot of other dogs are getting discussed, but the Eagles seem to be getting overlooked. I think they can shorten this game, make it ugly, and find themselves within range come fourth quarter. The Eagles can play a little defense and the Bucs obviously don't have all the weapons they envisioned entering the postseason.

The last thing I'd want to do is spot a team 8.5 points that's gonna grind you on the ground, and come after your statue quarterback. I don't know that the Bucs are built to boat race these kinds of teams.

johnnyvegas13

There's a trend that favors the Steelers, it has to do with teams with a negative point differential in the regular season, for which Pitt qualifies. Those teams are 5-0 against the spread and I believe straight up as well in their wildcard playoff games. This trend spans many years of course because it's rare that a team with a negative point differential cracks the playoffs. I believe it was Teddy Covers who shared this tidbit.

Go 'head and take a stab on the ML Johnny, worse that could happen is you play to form and lose another air bet.

Better double down on the points though, just in case.
    Both Steelers and raiders have negative diff

by a lot

chase1
    chase1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5050

I like the Niners and the Eagles. Think it will be close if not outright wins. I could break it down but you already did a good job at it. I will say TB hasn't impressed me at all. It's hard getting that Saints game out of my head...and the squeaking by the Jets.

As far as the Niners, they are a pretty good road team. Their defense is legit and can slow down the Cowboy's offense which is overrated imo. Weak division.
    Last edited by chase1; 01-12-22 at 11:25 PM.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by chase1 View Post
    I like the Niners and the Eagles. Think it will be close if not outright wins. I could break it done but you already did a good job at it. I will say TB hasn't impressed me at all. It's hard getting that Saints game out of my head...and the squeaking by the Jets.

As far as the Niners, they are a pretty good road team. Their defense is legit and can slow down the Cowboy's offense which is overrated imo. Weak division.
    I think we all like niners

bucs prob win vs eags same w chiefs v steelers

chase1
    chase1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5050

It is looking that way. Hope they aren't a trap

Chiefs should win easily but not so sure about the Bucs. They probably pull it out but I like getting the points

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

49ers, Eagles, Cardinals looks like underdogs that should cover the spread.

ThanksForTheFade
    ThanksForTheFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

Entire forum is on the niners. What's the statistic on that covering, lifetime?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheFade View Post
    Entire forum is on the niners. What's the statistic on that covering, lifetime?
    > 0.8%

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 518

The Eagles went 9-2 against teams the didn’t reach the playoffs. Record vs. playoff teams: 0-6. The nine wins came against teams with a combined .350 winning percentage, by far the worst in the 14-team playoff field. In their two games against Dallas, they were smoked 92-47. Their playoff game against Tampa Bay will be a rematch from Week 6. The Bucs led that game 28-7 in the third quarter.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

daed dogs 49ers Eagles ..... steelers maybe cover if Defnse can stop KC from hammering out 30 points hold em at 24 score 16 but ill lower KC to - 6

but sooner or later steelrs going bye bye and Chiefs teased down to -3 in combos with others Cowboys a DOG Tampa bay - 5 patriots up to +10

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The Eagles went 9-2 against teams the didn’t reach the playoffs. Record vs. playoff teams: 0-6. The nine wins came against teams with a combined .350 winning percentage, by far the worst in the 14-team playoff field. In their two games against Dallas, they were smoked 92-47. Their playoff game against Tampa Bay will be a rematch from Week 6. The Bucs led that game 28-7 in the third quarter.
    BINGO hey not bad for rookie HC and average QB Hurts but dammit my birds get a real QB trade away hurtz for QB like Lawrence of Jags or

Even garrapolo has some gas left in tank trying to think of vetran qb's that aint all busted up every year ehh have to search

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2416

I think under dogs have been on a bit of ATS streak lately in wild card weekend.

heard some good stats on the radio on the way to the gym earlier. can't find the specific ones, but here is a good one i just googled

Home favorites of seven or fewer points are just 14-28-1 ATS in the wild card round since 2003. This applies to every game this weekend except Steelers vs. Chiefs and Eagles vs. Buccaneers. In the past four seasons, there have been 18 total wild card games. The underdog has covered 15 of those 18 games.
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave Chi_archie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

OldBill

OK yes sure steelrs +12.5 might cover but i remind you any team with a tied game NEVER got to play in SB or WIN the 49ers tried this and got hammered by Ravens I hated the ravens but i new krapernick was not capable of winning the SB

and laughed at 1/2 time ravens up 28 points then the blackout happened in 2nd half niners pulled close but no way could cover 5 point spraed down by 4 end of game failed to score TD ravens D shut tem down

Steelrs were a JOKE all season barley scored in 20's most games under 20 points and when you have an age old defnse and old offense and O line thats recipe forDISASTER

Tomlin good enough held team together but i think steelrs start looking for better OFFENSIVE Coaches HC and more too many weaknesses

LONG gone the days of the triple haeded mosnter Defnse

GET back to IT steelrs a punishing RB tandem a strong Defnse and home run hitters on offense

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt realistically isn't going to upend the Chiefs but none of the other dogs on the slate should be dead on arrival. Even the Eagles have the capability to make it a tight game against Brady's Bucs as long as they don't self destruct.

Should make for some dramatic games, bettors going to be walking a tight rope.

Disagree, Rothlisberger is far from elite at this age, but he always plays his best in big games and Hill and Kelce are both dealing with injuries. Hill has a heel injury that kept out of part of the game last week.

When you go to 2 super bowls in a row that's a lot of football, and eventually the injuries add up. Chris Jones has missed time too. The Steelers are obviously big underdogs, but they have a chance, the key against Kansas City is long drives to keep their offense off the field and that's what Pittsburgh does, their offense is not a big play offense. Steelers definitely have a shot with the injuries Hill and Kelce are dealing with. If Chiefs were fully healthy I'd hear you, but with Hill dealing with a heel injury that basically made him irrelevant the whole second half last week the Steelers definitely have a shot.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    OK yes sure steelrs +12.5 might cover but i remind you any team with a tied game NEVER got to play in SB or WIN the 49ers tried this and got hammered by Ravens I hated the ravens but i new krapernick was not capable of winning the SB

and laughed at 1/2 time ravens up 28 points then the blackout happened in 2nd half niners pulled close but no way could cover 5 point spraed down by 4 end of game failed to score TD ravens D shut tem down

Steelrs were a JOKE all season barley scored in 20's most games under 20 points and when you have an age old defnse and old offense and O line thats recipe forDISASTER

Tomlin good enough held team together but i think steelrs start looking for better OFFENSIVE Coaches HC and more too many weaknesses

LONG gone the days of the triple haeded mosnter Defnse

GET back to IT steelers a punishing RB tandem a strong Defense and home run hitters on offense
    The Chiefs were far from great this year too and the Steelers have zero chance to win this game if its in the 30s, they need the game in the 20s, they need to possess the ball and have long drives.

The fact the Steelers offense wasn't that good isn't an issue in this game because Pittsburgh isn't going to win a shootout anyways, there only chance is a low scoring game where the defense steps up and they slow the game with long drawn out drives.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10458

Eduardo post a fuggin play dude...don’t just throw all three darts out there at once

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3605

Yeah the only favorite i've stayed confident with this week is the Bills.

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 902

Both Steelers and raiders have negative diff

by a lot
    Raiders. Something is up with this team. They are consistently in the top 5-10% of the 'unluckiest teams' in the league since 2017. Worse turnover differencials, more fumbles lost than recovered, fewer punts blocked etc etc etc

Would you be surprised if their DL destroys a couple of teams and Carr just passes to Waller 12 times a game to break Brady/Gronk historical records?
    Wouldn't that be a nice post-mortem FU by Mr. Gruden to Mr. Goodell?

trobin31

Would be funny if every dog loses but Steelers now

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by MalikHusam View Post
    Raiders. Something is up with this team. They are consistently in the top 5-10% of the 'unluckiest teams' in the league since 2017. Worse turnover differencials, more fumbles lost than recovered, fewer punts blocked etc etc etc

Would you be surprised if their DL destroys a couple of teams and Carr just passes to Waller 12 times a game to break Brady/Gronk historical records?
    Wouldn't that be a nice post-mortem FU by Mr. Gruden to Mr. Goodell?
    They had a tough strength of schedule and still got in, team just has mojo this year, can’t be ignored

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    They had a tough strength of schedule and still got in, team just has mojo this year, can’t be ignored
    Agree, adversity almost always hurts or helps a team, they have come together.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Eduardo post a fuggin play dude...don’t just throw all three darts out there at once

Quit your whimpering, these lines aren't going anywhere, and this time of year there aren't going to be any huge edges anyway, the market tightens up, anything I do is likely going to be recreational unless I see something I really like going forward.

The only thing I have locked in at the moment is Eagles +8.5

1234 Last