MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

LeFluer 2 nfc championship games versus 2 teams that are horrible and cant win either lol

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

woah

way closer than I would have thought

According to ESPN's Win Probability model, the Packers had a 10% chance of winning by going for it on fourth down and a 9.5% chance of winning by kicking a field goal.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

The analytics were against the move with EdjSports win probability model saying LaFleur’s decision reduced Green Bay’s chances of winning the game from 10.8% to 7.8%. LaFleur had been one of the best coaches when it comes to decision-making by EdjSports model, ranking third best this season.

The decision was extremely rare as no team had attempted a field goal in the final three minutes of a game when trailing by between four and eight points since the Falcons in 2015. LaFleur was an assistant on Dan Quinn’s staff in Atlanta for that game.

“I couldn’t believe it, honestly, because there’s no guarantee they’re going to make it back down there again," Buccaneers edge rusher Shaquil Barrett said.

“Our offense has been pretty amazing in four-minute offense this year, not giving the team back the ball so I had the utmost confidence in them. ... If he could take it back he probably wouldn’t do that next time but I appreciate it.”

--------------------------------------------------------

Idiot coach didn't know the analytics. Go figure he was on the Falcons team and still doing dumb shit.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

looks like the consensus is that Green Bay had about 10% chance of winning there in the end

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Now we have to discuss why Buffalo went for 2 after their last TD.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    looks like the consensus is that Green Bay had about 10% chance of winning there in the end
    Zero percent kicking the fg

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Zero percent kicking the fg
    well it looks like it was about 8-9%

Mac4Lyfe

woahway closer than I would have thoughtAccording to ESPN's Win Probability model, the Packers had a 10% chance of winning by going for it on fourth down and a 9.5% chance of winning by kicking a field goal.
    I do not trust ESPNs math. That number does not look correct. Do they use probabilities based on a teams past performance or do they factor in the current game? I put much more confidence in what my eyes tell me on game day versus games a week, month, early in the season. Packers defense was gassed and wasn't stopping TB, Brady was stopping TB. You know in crunch time TB is going to do enough to get 1 first down. On the other side, you have the #1 QB in the league. How do you not give him another chance? It makes no sense. Trust your offense which is the strength of the team or rely on a defense that haven't been able to stop people all season?

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The real dumb decision was going for 2 in the third, it’s dumb to chase points before the 4th quarter in a high scoring game.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave thomorino 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

my eyes told me that Green Bay had held Tampa Bay to about 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half. the longest drive they had in the 2nd half was a 44 yard drive

So I guess the more I look at it. A case can be made that Green Bay had figured out how to stymie TB

anyway you look at it. Green Bay had very little chance to win that, after Aaron Rodgers pooped his pants and went 3 and out immediately after the last two interceptions of TB12.

The coach should have rolled the dice with his highly paid, big name QB and let him take the credit or criticism for the win or loss. but now he created a movement to get him run out of town eventually, if he doesn't find a way to win it all next year

Mac4Lyfe

my eyes told me that Green Bay had held Tampa Bay to about 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half. the longest drive they had in the 2nd half was a 44 yard drive
    The coach should have rolled the dice with his highly paid, big name QB and let him take the credit or criticism for the win or loss. but now he created a movement to get him run out of town eventually, if he doesn't find a way to win it all next year
    Green Bay didn't really hold Tampa Bay. Tom Brad held Tampa Bay with WTF interceptions. To me, that is even more reason to go for it on 4th down. If your defense stopped TB in the 2nd half, don't you expect them to stop them again if you don't make the 4th down?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

you are on the way to the superbowl on the 8 yard line, you can go for it with pride. phuck the sabermetrics plus or minus 1% difference sheets. you need to take a shot with your best play there period. have they fired that coach yet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    No explanation. Even if they did not get the td on fourth down?
    Bucs are pinned inside the 10, and Packers still have all three timeouts
    Great point! I didn't even think about that part. It just felt like a field goal was meaningless in that situation.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    I know I'm not a coach or anything, just need someone to explain it to me

TIA
    bad call.

DwightShrute

Matt Lafleur Is The Greatest Coward Of All Time

https://www.facebook.com/stoolpresid...84405188896793
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Rodgers said in presser he called 3rd down play thinking they were going for it on fourth regardless. Said he would have called diff play if he knew his HC would kick.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Rodgers said in presser he called 3rd down play thinking they were going for it on fourth regardless. Said he would have called diff play if he knew his HC would kick.
    Dammmm

coach might get fired here

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

woah

way closer than I would have thought

According to ESPN's Win Probability model, the Packers had a 10% chance of winning by going for it on fourth down and a 9.5% chance of winning by kicking a field goal.
    you were right with your roughly 20% chance of getting td/2 pt... then they would be tied and roughly 50/50 so about 10% to win the game by going for it

just about the same % by kicking the fg... heck if they didn't call that pass int on kevin king the packers would've had at least a 25% chance of winning

everyone bashing lafleur for what was a coin flip decision, yet nobody giving him credit for the terrific decision to take an intentional offsides on 2nd and 1 that gave them a chance

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Only explanation is they didn’t trust Rodgers. To get it done but either way like said the only difference was needing 8 and needing just the 6. I think it was a good decision personally. My logic is either way they needed a defensive stop.... and the ball back would you rather have the ball needing 6? Or take your chances backed up and needing 8? Idk hard call really
    They didn’t trust the mvp of the league? It was probably the worst coaching decision in recent playoff history.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

the worst coaching decision of the game was tampa telling the kick return to slide down

he slid down at 2:02 instead of running further and getting it to the 2 minute warning
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave milwaukee mike 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

I knew it was a very marginal decision. Packers were about 35% to score the TD, 50% for the 2 point conversion, 85% to not lose to the Buccaneers in the last 2 minutes, and 50% to win in overtime. My estimate was 7.44% to win the game. My estimate for making the FG, making a stop, and then scoring a TD, (no XP needed), was lower than 7.44%, but there wouldn't have been much in it. I would have gone for the TD. Even if it's not a +ve decision it's easier to sell to the fans and media.

DwightShrute

Bad call. It will haunt him forever just as Pete Carroll not handing it off to Marshawn Lynch in the SB

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    the worst coaching decision of the game was tampa telling the kick return to slide down
    That was the really big part of it for me. I was going nuts that he didn't run around, (and give up 10 yards if necessary), to get it to the 2 minute warning. Really poor situational coaching.
    Last edited by semibluff; 01-24-21 at 10:00 PM.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Bucs Star Was Stunned By The Packers’ Field Goal Decision

"I couldn't believe it," Shaq Barrett says of Packers opting for a field goal instead of going for a tying touchdown on fourth-and-goal with just over two minutes left. "I know if they could take that back, they probably wouldn't do that next time."

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LeFluer 2 nfc championship games versus 2 teams that are horrible and cant win either lol
    You are out of line, Fats. Both teams were really good.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm not totally against the decision. Surprising... yes. But you never know. He just felt they could stop Brady... only reason why you kick it.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11794

Super Bowl line:
    KC - 3. 57.5

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Quote Originally Posted by dustyy View Post
    That's probably the best explanation in the entire thread
    If by best you mean worst, then yeah.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

The series leading up to the field goal in question was absurd.

But on third down when Rogers throws an ill-advised, errant pass to Adams because
    his balls climbed up into his pelvis when he had a clear path to the end zone on the right
    side of the field.

Then on 4th down, "Coach" LaFluer, who was thinking with his hat rather than his head, decides to throw away the season by kicking a meaningless field goal.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I knew it was a very marginal decision. Packers were about 35% to score the TD, 50% for the 2 point conversion, 85% to not lose to the Buccaneers in the last 2 minutes, and 50% to win in overtime. My estimate was 7.44% to win the game. My estimate for making the FG, making a stop, and then scoring a TD, (no XP needed), was lower than 7.44%, but there wouldn't have been much in it. I would have gone for the TD. Even if it's not a +ve decision it's easier to sell to the fans and media.
    They are using their very best 2 point play in that situation. Has to be far greater than 50% they convert

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Bad pass, but the run was not a gimme....he was in a weird trot coming out of the pocket ( not a full sprint)

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Bad pass, but the run was not a gimme....he was in a weird trot coming out of the pocket ( not a full sprint)

Of course the run was not a gimme, but it looked a hell of a lot better than throwing into coverage.
    Melt down.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

lord, it looked like a cam newton fake dive play. you could clearly see that only option was to run but instead a pass to a wr where 2 defensive back are in front of the wr.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

I think he scores or is damn close. Arod assumed they were in 4 down territory, thought he had another play - throwing into coverage was basically a throwaway. If he knew it was score or kick, I'm sure he tries to run it in. That was the best chance to score on that particular play.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Dammmm

coach might get fired here
    Oh there's a coach getting fired here - His name is Mike Pettine!

First 1234 Last