champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Well, the plan was working for him until that penalty.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

what is the % of scoring on 4th and goal from 8? 25-40%?

Multiply that by about .50 for the Chance of converting a 2 point conversion...

even if you just say they had a 50% chance of getting the TD from the 8.... the basically had a 25% chance to tie the game there.

what were the % chance of getting a 3 and out from Brady there?

I'd have to think less than 20% maybe even 10%

but maybe LaFleur thought different.

I get that No matter what, the defense still needed to come up big and stop Brady at the time end of the game. but I'd love to hear how informed that decision was, and what it was based on

the #'s may not have been too far in his disadvantage, but by making the call, if it failed he lost the backing of much of his team and all the fans pretty much forever

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

What did he say in his press conference?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Guys the Texans don't have a coach yet. You all need to appy for the job as you all have enough plays to call in situations like this.
    Where do I sign up? Hell, Nick Sirianni just got the Eagles head coaching job without ever being a HC (just like me) and he used to be a quality control coach (I'm a control freak).

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You're hired...

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

teams today that does not have the guts to go for it on 4th downs do not win
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave carolinakid 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Guys the Texans don't have a coach yet. You all need to appy for the job as you all have enough plays to call in situations like this.
    Peavy you need a life coach..lol
    Mr pearl necklace 😍

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    what is the % of scoring on 4th and goal from 8? 25-40%?
    Multiply that by about .50 for the Chance of converting a 2 point conversion...
    even if you just say they had a 50% chance of getting the TD from the 8.... the basically had a 25% chance to tie the game there.
    what were the % chance of getting a 3 and out from Brady there?
    I'd have to think less than 20% maybe even 10%
    but I'd love to hear how informed that decision was, and what it was based on
    the #'s may not have been too far in his disadvantage, but by making the call, if it failed he lost the backing of much of his team and all the fans pretty much forever
    Pretty clear to me... Would you rather have 1 bullet in your gun to shoot or give a robber 3 bullets to shoot back at you?

I'm taking a shot before I let the bad guy shoot his.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Thought it was a horrible move by Lafleur. It’s one thing if you’re playing a bad offense. It’s another thing when it’s Tom Brady and the Bucs who moved the ball pretty well for most of the game. You gotta take that chance there and go.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Pretty clear to me... Would you rather have 1 bullet in your gun to shoot or give a robber 3 bullets to shoot back at you?

I'm taking a shot before I let the bad guy shoot his.
    Yeah I'd not have gone that route myself, but i'm trying to figure out his thought process

well you had to shoot the bad guy twice, right? get a 4th and long with a short field and a 2 point conversion

and then the bad guy still had plenty of time to go 40-50 yards and win by a FG anyways.

So no matter what Green Bay defense had to come up big and stop the GOAT in order for the packers to win.

the only advantage I see with this approach is that you get the chance to win in regulation if your defense does stop him (they almost did)

otherwise you are going to OT and a huge part of your immediate future is decided by a coin flip

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

^^^^^^^plus 1

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tony you couldn’t get a delivery right around the block let alone coach a football team

Leave the coaching to guys like me
    I don't think Bus coach counts

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

They wouldn't need a stop if they scored and got the 2 pt conversion. There's no logic in kicking a FG, even if it was 4th and 30, in that spot. The game rewards the offense much more than the defense. Throw the ball up for grabs if you have to because you might get a flag thrown by a blind ref.
    100% correct!...It was already a one score game!...one of the worst boneheaded blunders in coaching during a big game of this magnitude I've seen in quite a long time.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Add to the fact that even if they didn’t score a TD Tampa has the ball on the 8 yard line

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    teams today that does not have the guts to go for it on 4th downs do not win
    Green Bay... Check. Cleveland Browns... Check. Pittsburgh Steelers... Check. Baltimore Ravens... Check. Tennessee Titans... Check. Indianapolis Colts... Choked.

Da Manster!

Yeah I'd not have gone that route myself, but i'm trying to figure out his thought process

well you had to shoot the bad guy twice, right? get a 4th and long with a short field and a 2 point conversion

and then the bad guy still had plenty of time to go 40-50 yards and win by a FG anyways.

So no matter what Green Bay defense had to come up big and stop the GOAT in order for the packers to win.

the only advantage I see with this approach is that you get the chance to win in regulation if your defense does stop him (they almost did)

otherwise you are going to OT and a huge part of your immediate future is decided by a coin flip
    yes archie, but then you put the onus on the Bucs offense to get into FG range and there was no guarantee that was going to happen with 2:00 minutes left...worst case scenario, the game goes into OT all tied up...the whole point is to extend the game and give your team the best chance to win...one possession game with only a couple of minutes left you go for the TD on the 4th down and two point conversion...you don't kick the meaningless FG...it made absolutely no sense and is indefensible...no and's, if's, but's, or maybe's about it.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Tony gave Da Manster! 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Thought it was a horrible move by Lafleur. It’s one thing if you’re playing a bad offense. It’s another thing when it’s Tom Brady and the Bucs who moved the ball pretty well for most of the game. You gotta take that chance there and go.
    Browns had a possession late in the 4th quarter and decided to punt as well and never got the ball back. Their defense was garbage all year long and now you expect them to stop a cold? Stupid. We're all sitting on our coaches and could see that the Packers weren't stopping anyone. These coaches put too much faith in bad defenses.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Fear of losing and lack of confidence in winning.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

To hit the over obviously. What we are watching is all so foolishly dictated by betting. People will believe every other conspiracy in the world but they think sports are so clean

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6883

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    To hit the over obviously. What we are watching is all so foolishly dictated by betting. People will believe every other conspiracy in the world but they think sports are so clean
    That's probably the best explanation in the entire thread

SBR Tony

it's the NFC championship game, there is no next week if you lose

You're Home

take a shot
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave SBR Tony 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Add to the fact that even if they didn’t score a TD Tampa has the ball on the 8 yard line
    that's a moot point as field position didn't really matter, as no matter what they would need get a 3 and out from their defense.

whether TB started from the 8 or from the 17 yard line. All they needed to do was get a first down and run the clock out

again I don't agree with what GB did.

but I don't think it's a decision without the benefit of hindsight, that should get lambasted as badly as it will.

going by strictly %'s in my mind. I see LaFleur as having shorted his team about 10-20% points of winning.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Browns had a possession late in the 4th quarter and decided to punt as well and never got the ball back. Their defense was garbage all year long and now you expect them to stop a cold? Stupid. We're all sitting on our coaches and could see that the Packers weren't stopping anyone. These coaches put too much faith in bad defenses.
    Yup. Someone needs to tell Lafleur his defense isn’t the 85 Bears. Listening to AR after the game, LaFleur may have just pissed off his Hall of Fame qb to the point where he wants out.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

They should have gone for it

There is no tomorrow

But let's all be honest here, neither of these teams are any good, and Tampa is going to lose to KC by 8+

This was the weakest NFC I've ever seen and of course, just because, Brady is right in the thick of it, playing vs a 6 win Wash team, a Saints squad ge couldn't beat until Brees got hurt and a GB squad that had both the schedule and injury report line up in their favor all fukking year.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    That was crazy. I feel bad for Rodgers. To go for it would have been the obvious right call, the bold call - and the call the media (and everyone else) would not have 2nd guessed. Very curious...It was like he did it for the sole reason of screwing my Bucs -6.5 in mind...
    The "bold call" was to settle for the FG......

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Ghost of Mike McCarty reappeared - No balls when it counted just like the Seattle title game in 2014. Arians and Reid showed how it's done in crunch time the past 2 weeks. Very frustrating to say the least...

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

that's a moot point as field position didn't really matter, as no matter what they would need get a 3 and out from their defense.

whether TB started from the 8 or from the 17 yard line. All they needed to do was get a first down and run the clock out

again I don't agree with what GB did.

but I don't think it's a decision without the benefit of hindsight, that should get lambasted as badly as it will.

going by strictly %'s in my mind. I see LaFleur as having shorted his team about 10-20% points of winning.
    With a HOF QB just needing a first down to salt the game, I'd rather have the MVP QB get one extra play. That was the decision plain and simple. I'd like to take my shot with one more play. FG was moot - same situation w Brady just needing a first down.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Rodgers traded to Jets

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The game was over the total before the decision to kick.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Eddy Munny 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pappy
    pappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10036

Anybody with any common sense knows you go for it there curious decisions the whole whole the man to man coverages before half was pretty stupid also

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    With a HOF QB just needing a first down to salt the game, I'd rather have the MVP QB get one extra play. That was the decision plain and simple. I'd like to take my shot with one more play. FG was moot - same situation w Brady just needing a first down.
    right but at very best you had about a 20% chance of getting a TD and a 2 point conversion there.

It was no slam dunk

IMO 20% is still a better chance than getting the 3 and out, so I would have gone for it.

But this wasn't a huge swing in %'s

in fact i'm open to hearing more input on how there being evidence that in those close and late situations you are able to get the 3 and out much more frequently . I haven't checked to see what LaFleur said yet, so he might just be a coward with no balls that knew Rodgers and his playcalling was off today.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    They should have gone for it

There is no tomorrow

But let's all be honest here, neither of these teams are any good, and Tampa is going to lose to KC by 8+

This was the weakest NFC I've ever seen and of course, just because, Brady is right in the thick of it, playing vs a 7 6 win Wash team, a Saints squad ge couldn't beat until Brees got hurt and a GB squad that had both the schedule and injury report line up in their favor all fukking year.
    fixed...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Da Manster!

kind of reminds me of the time when the reporter asked notorious serial killer Jeffery Dahmer why did he keep male testicles in his freezer and Dahmer's reply was "..Well, you know...sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!"

First 1234 Last