JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Systemic Racism. Is it real? Watch the video and tell me why or why not.

Larry Elder(the black guy) makes a pretty good case here. If he is wrong, someone please explain to me what he is wrong about. Please don't comment unless you have watched the video. I will know if you have, or have not watched it. The video below is more than 3 years old btw.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

i love larry. great follow on twitter and just came out with a movie called "uncle tom"

this guy gets it. hes 100% correct and a great american example for everyone with an open mind to listen to

this video is 5 years old now. he also tells a great story about growing up and his relationship with his father at blexit rallys

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

i dont think systemic racism is a major problem. ppl think it is because of how the media constantly covers white on black police violence but mostly ignores police violence against poor white ppl. the systemic problem is that police, prosecutors, judges and politicians all protect each other so that they are rarely held accountable for their crimes as long as they are on the side of the establishment. so when the media shows these cops getting away with abusing black ppl everyone thinks that racism is the reason why they arent punished. the reality is that the justice system is equally unaccountable to all races given that the victims are poor and powerless.

our whole legal system is a joke. judges are probably the extreme example of how our laws are meaningless when the supreme court constantly votes along party lines. even the news media openly states the importance of political ideology for judges when they are being appointed.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

His argument while correct at naming the problem with parenting and proper nurturing being the primary problem with black crime, has nothing to do with whether there is systemic racism in policing. I do not think a majority of police officers are racist. But his argument is absurd that it doesn’t exist. No one walks into a black neighborhood feeling safe, even if they’ve never been robbed or shot. Society has told you blacks are criminals since you were born.

so, take a person, who has never been in a black neighborhood. And throw them there, they feel defensive and scared. So, why would a cop feel any less fearful or aggressive against blacks.

also, did he say, if you don’t want to get killed by a cop, don’t commit a crime? So, Eric Gardner deserves to get choked out in the middle of the street for selling cigs. Someone deserves to get shot in the back for running? Clearly the punishment doesn’t fit the crime so it’s pretty absurd to defend killing criminals unless your life was threatened.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    His argument while correct at naming the problem with parenting and proper nurturing being the primary problem with black crime, has nothing to do with whether there is systemic racism in policing. I do not think a majority of police officers are racist. But his argument is absurd that it doesn’t exist. No one walks into a black neighborhood feeling safe, even if they’ve never been robbed or shot. Society has told you blacks are criminals since you were born.

so, take a person, who has never been in a black neighborhood. And throw them there, they feel defensive and scared. So, why would a cop feel any less fearful or aggressive against blacks.

also, did he say, if you don’t want to get killed by a cop, don’t commit a crime? So, Eric Gardner deserves to get choked out in the middle of the street for selling cigs. Someone deserves to get shot in the back for running? Clearly the punishment doesn’t fit the crime so it’s pretty absurd to defend killing criminals unless your life was threatened.
    Eric Garner was a 400 lb dude who resisted arrest after being swarmed by cops.

Just prior to that confrontation, he said "This stops now!" He was right....

Oh yeah, he'd been ticketed MANY times and confronted DOZENS of times for that same
    (admittedly trivial) offense. He literally asked for it!

One more thing: Some of the complaints against him were from BLACK BUSINESS OWNERS
    in that area, sick and tired of seeing Garner underselling THEIR cigs with street prices.

Like it or not, the businessmen AND the cops were acting properly. Garner tied to play
    "Rambo" against a small army of cops. Bad move.

I can't argue against MOST of what you wrote above. But Garner was a disaster waiting
    to happen -- and it did, BECAUSE OF A LONG SERIES OF BAD DECISIONS ON HIS PART.
    Last edited by cybersharp; 07-06-20 at 07:49 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Larry Elder for President