d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Deaths have been going down no doubt. Still too many deaths though.
    Deaths were going down. Come on Laker, you know deaths trail cases by weeks. The spike in cases in the last 7-10 days only will not show up in deaths for another couple weeks or so. So current death rate says nothing about the recent spike we've seen.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I just spent 2+ months in ICU in that hospital so fu*k off.
    Damn man, hope you're good now? Covid or something else?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes but they have gone down for weeks. I know you think with the spike in cases in a few weeks the deaths will go up. When that doesn't happen what will you say?
    It will. Let's look at Texas and Florida at the end of July and then talk.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Deaths were going down. Come on Laker, you know deaths trail cases by weeks. The spike in cases in the last 7-10 days only will not show up in deaths for another couple weeks or so. So current death rate says nothing about the recent spike we've seen.
    We will discuss in two weeks. I guarantee you the amount of deaths will stay at the current number roughly give or take. More likely it will go down. You and I both know the rise in cases is from more testing. The virus death rate is low.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Yep, I’m skin and bones, lost mostly muscle (50+ lbs). Can barely speak, Vocal chords gone from being incubated during surgeries. Months of rehab ahead. But I’m here. I saw too many people go Code Blue.
    Stay Strong Mannn..

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Yep, I’m skin and bones, lost mostly muscle (50+ lbs). Can barely speak, Vocal chords gone from being incubated during surgeries. Months of rehab ahead. But I’m here. I saw too many people go Code Blue.
    So sad. Hang in there and get stronger. It's hard to read your post without getting wet eyes.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

We will discuss in two weeks. I guarantee you the amount of deaths will stay at the current number roughly give or take. More likely it will go down. You and I both know the rise in cases is from more testing. The virus death rate is low.
    It'll tick up a bit in 2 weeks, but deaths trail by 3-5 weeks. Cases likely haven't even peaked yet. Let's take a good look toward the end of July.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Try keeping your head up Mac

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Curious that it's a quarantee? What do you base this on?
    I sure hope you're right.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Wrong again. That red line is the positivity rate. It's exploded recently.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

It'll tick up a bit in 2 weeks, but deaths trail by 3-5 weeks. Cases likely haven't even peaked yet. Let's take a good look toward the end of July.

in a country of this breadth and size and differences in densities you can't compare total numbers of deaths from a time in march or april to now or July or August.

NYC and the surrounding counties accounted for a huge percentage of the entire nation's death toll thus far.

there are no cities that match NYC's density, international connected population, and transit behaviors.

you add into that the number of Hugely dense areas in proximity to NYC you can see why that was by far our worst nightmare scenario for an outbreak.

sun belt cities will have a big rise in cases, followed by deaths. but nothing approaching NYC

and if NYC didn't need an armed forces hospital ship and public spaces converted to hospital beds, then i don't think any other major city will see some HUGE overflow.

that was the whole point of flattening the curve, right? to make sure the medical system wasn't overwhelmed

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    in a country of this breadth and size and differences in densities you can't compare total numbers of deaths from a time in march or april to now or July or August.

NYC and the surrounding counties accounted for a huge percentage of the entire nation's death toll thus far.

there are no cities that match NYC's density, international connected population, and transit behaviors.

you add into that the number of Hugely dense areas in proximity to NYC you can see why that was by far our worst nightmare scenario for an outbreak.

sun belt cities will have a big rise in cases, followed by deaths. but nothing approaching NYC

and if NYC didn't need an armed forces hospital ship and public spaces converted to hospital beds, then i don't think any other major city will see some HUGE overflow.

that was the whole point of flattening the curve, right? to make sure the medical system wasn't overwhelmed
    Well that's because they took it super seriously and were in lockdown mode at that time. If NYC had done what TX/FL are doing now -- open, but some thing closed, 50% capacity, etc. with some but not nearly full compliance -- had NYC done that, we'd have seen the nightmare scenarios. So you're right that NYC was more at risk due to density and mass transit, but that it now counterbalanced by the weakness of the current response. It's going to be really bad in some hospitals in TX/FL within a few weeks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

but that it now counterbalanced by the weakness of the current response.

can you show me some evidence, statistics, or expert models that show anywhere that the balance between all the variables that made NYC and surround areas a shit down, is equally balanced by the current level of mitigation behaviors in other areas?

people are just pulling fear mongering shit out of their asses

I pull this out of my ass too. No large area in the US will ever approach NYC's death tolls.

NYC made it through
    Sweden made it through
    Italy made it through
    Spain made it through
    so will the rest of the country

the best we can hope and aim for is the flatten curve enough to overwhelm hospitals. We don't need to cause mass employment to make that happen

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Things were pretty tough in Jersey awhile back. It was no joke. Lost afew friends

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Read above

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

you ever notice the majority of USA impending doom shit posts come from outside USA shit posters

slayer you fit the profile to a t i saw laker boy in here as well
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

got to laugh at these clowns that post cornavirus numbers. Eat your vitamins kids and get off your fat ass and exercise. You will be safe from the hoax, aka coronavirus, flu bug.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

This shit ain’t got nothing to do with politics.
    Mac, no matter how hard you make that point, the idiots on this forum will never understand. They still think Trump's actions are responsible for covid. It's laughable. Politics are a joke. Covid is a science problem. Nature always makes it's mark in the end. Don't give a fuk if Washington or Lincoln was in office.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    can you show me some evidence, statistics, or expert models that show anywhere that the balance between all the variables that made NYC and surround areas a shit down, is equally balanced by the current level of mitigation behaviors in other areas?

people are just pulling fear mongering shit out of their asses

I pull this out of my ass too. No large area in the US will ever approach NYC's death tolls.

NYC made it through
    Sweden made it through
    Italy made it through
    Spain made it through
    so will the rest of the country

the best we can hope and aim for is the flatten curve enough to overwhelm hospitals. We don't need to cause mass employment to make that happen
    NYC made it through? You realize NYC isn't done, right? It will be rocked hard soon enough. It's common sense. I don't watch even 1 second of news. I already know what'll happen. Because I'm educated. As are you. Use your common sense. Covid will be back in NYC full force again at some point.

Goat Milk

That's fine. Covid isn't the flu, not even close, people are struggling with symptoms long after they've healed. I hope I don't get the virus, but at the same time, think I would be fine. There are people close to me who I know for a fact would not make it. These losers like Booya on the forum probably don't even have any family. Typical American who probably barely even knows who his first cousins are. Everything is fukked right now. I'm fukked personally, and I'm in a rough spot actually financially because of all this. It's not good. But priorities are proiroties. So many on this forum critizing Trump yet they haven't thought of a single solution. Ppl were begging for the economy to open back up and look what happened.

Some losers like Jibby are calling for all old people with conditions to die. What a fukking loser.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 06-29-20 at 04:45 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

interesting most black Cities struggling

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    clown show

how many patients are we losing because they cant get their surgery
    Again you fukkin idiot
    Hospitals only postpone "non-emergency procedures" you fukkin idiot!
    Operations like elective surgeries.....

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

that is from "corona"

what about other areas of concern where people needed surgery?

dont worry fukkwad, when world war 3 starts, we will back your scrawny ass again so go sing cumbaya
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Hospitals only postpone "non-emergency procedures" you fukkin idiot!

Operations like elective surgeries.....

First 12