Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Jason Whitlock Rips LeBron James For (More) Racial Pot-Stirring 🏁

Jason Whitlock rips LeBron James for outrage over Ahmaud Arbery shooting

By Justin Terranova
    May 7, 2020

LeBron James’ response to the tragic shooting death of a black unarmed jogger in Georgia has led to a hyperbolic Twitter reply from Fox Sports host Jason Whitlock.

Ahmaud Arbery was killed on Feb. 23 by a white father and son, and the recent release of frightening cellphone footage of the incident has led to outrage and renewed calls for justice.

“We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!” James wrote on Twitter Wednesday night. “Can’t even go for a damn jog man! Like WTF man are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? No man fr ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I’m sorry Ahmaud(Rest In Paradise) and my prayers and blessings sent to the heavens above to your family.”

Whitlock, known for his incendiary social media stances, seized on James’ comments to rebuke the Lakers star and offer a bizarre Michael Jordan comparison.

“This isn’t helpful,” Whitlock, who co-hosts “Speak for Yourself” on Fox Sports, wrote.

“It’s twitter trolling. It’s using this man’s tragedy to build a brand as more outspoken than Michael Jordan. There are all kinds of ways to draw attention to this tragedy. Suggesting that we are hunted everyday/every time is just s–t-stirring.”

James’ NBA colleagues rushed to defend James and attack Whitlock for doing exactly what he was accusing James of — making a tragedy all about him.

“You sure you’re not trolling and making it about you? He’s using his platform to speak out on a tragedy and you making it about him and MJ. Do better big bro!” James’ former Cavaliers teammate Kendrick Perkins wrote.

“Because for @WhitlockJason its all about likes and retweets smh…,” wrote 76ers star Tobias Harris.

In the wake of the video’s release, there are plans to take the case against the two armed men — Gregory and Travis McMichael — to a grand jury.

“LeBron is the Pied Piper for a lot of athletes,” Whitlock tweeted Thursday morning as the negative replies mounted. “If the goal is to promote justice for Ahmaud Arbery, LeBron’s rhetoric doesn’t promote justice. It promotes emotion and fear, the enemies of justice. We can continue to promote emotion/fear or we can seek justice.”
    Last edited by Hman; 05-08-20 at 08:27 AM.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Didn’t the black guy run at the white guy and try to wrestle away the firearm? That’s why he got shot!

The white guys were totally wrong for trying to block his path and trying question him. Leave that to the police. But I doubt they would have shot him if the black guy just continued on.

White guys should be punished, but it’s kind of self defense when the black guy tried to steal the firearm.

Just my opinion.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Didn’t the black guy run at the white guy and try to wrestle away the firearm? That’s why he got shot!

The white guys were totally wrong for trying to block his path and trying question him. Leave that to the police. But I doubt they would have shot him if the black guy just continued on.

White guys should be punished, but it’s kind of self defense when the black guy tried to steal the firearm.

Just my opinion.
    I think the father and son were in the wrong. They should have just followed the guy and reported his location. But the "Jogger" that got shot wasn't just some innocent guy who was out doing what he loved to do and killed for it as the media is reporting.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

As usual James is 180 degrees wrong, and is absolutely stirring the pot.

Broadly speaking, gun owners are very careful and cautious with their weapons, especially around people. Noone just "hunts" another man randomly at 65 for no reason.

We'll never know why the kid was "jogging" in a random neighborhood and not at work or with his family or friends, but we do know that this wasn't his neighborhood, that there was reported break ins and community policing regarding unreported (to LE) break ins by a 20 something black male.

We all know cops are fukkin losers and worthless pieces of shit who should collectively all go hang themselves so this neighborhood, like every neighborhood in USA, had to police itself. The young man decided to "jog" right at 2 men who clearly had upper hand in force. The 2 men are guilty of assault, aggravated assault probably. But the ensuing struggle was the black kids fault, and as such there is no murder as it's clearly self defense.

My thoughts....the kid is in deed the burglar, was caught snooping into homes in a neighborhood he didn't belong in, and nobody gives a shit his hood rat ass is dead.
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave MinnesotaFats 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

If he didn't break the law and they were trying to stop him, that constitutes kidnapping. He had every right to defend himself, including trying to take their firearms. The two cockroaches should be locked up and forced to go two on two with equal weapons and see how they do.

Hman

The two men were in the wrong in my opinion.

However if I were in that situation i sure wouldn't be trying to take a gun away from someone.

But what this is about us LeBron The Racist trying to 1. Cause racial-division as usual.... 2. Bring attention to himself as usual, just like Whitlock said.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

agreed

i'm trying to get some of the neighbors that do a neighborhood watch with me to buy their first gun or more guns. I'll go to help them pick out a firearm and my friend teaches a great licensing for conceal carry here. It would be great comraderie for us to go the range together ect.

but we almost all have multiple security cams now and see patterns in the package thefts, vandalism, peeing in our gangways/alleys ect.

now with a quick phone call we can all grab our firearms out the safes and jump in our cars. with multiple cars, some of us can go ahead of the guy trying to flee and stop in the road with a firearm, while another neighborhood watch guy can trail behind and box him in.

unfortunately none of us have a pick up truck, it would be ideal to have a shooter neighborhood watch hero in the bed with a Pistol or shot gun. I can't see how anything go wrong and everyone should be the safer for it.

All we really want is to stop and talk to some of these perps. Maybe some citizen arrest heroics. Our Wives are sick and tried of their amazon packages with make up or lulu lemon leggins being stolen

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

what was the guy doing for the father/son to be worried? I learned many years ago.....stay the fukk out of situations that dont concern you. Never ends well.

as for Lebron.....yes he is a race baiter

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

As usual, people see a 10 second clip and rush to judgement thinking they know exactly what happened. Also, blacks are hunted every day....BY OTHER BLACKS. I don't see Lebron ever commenting on the black on black crime that goes on every single day. Yet when a white person shoots a black, he's out here thinking he's MLK.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Quote Originally Posted by Hushie View Post
    As usual, people see a 10 second clip and rush to judgement thinking they know exactly what happened. Also, blacks are hunted every day....BY OTHER BLACKS. I don't see Lebron ever commenting on the black on black crime that goes on every single day. Yet when a white person shoots a black, he's out here thinking he's MLK.
    this is EVERY black person's thought process. Black lives matter never was a thing until a white guy shot a black guy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: THE HITMAN

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Gotta laugh...being hunted everyday In his fortress. What a Fukin clown.

Hman

Why hasn't commented on this viral vid?

(Notice ethnicity of guard/officer)

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If he didn't break the law and they were trying to stop him, that constitutes kidnapping. He had every right to defend himself, including trying to take their firearms. The two cockroaches should be locked up and forced to go two on two with equal weapons and see how they do.
    They are guilty of aggravated assault only if they either pulled the weapon 1st or if they didnt legally posses it. Theres no intent of a crime here hence no charges were filed. Asking to speak with someone isn't a crime.

Technically the black kid, by charging them, assaulted and battered them, the killing justified....dontvsee a jury buting that so the DA didnt charge.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think the father and son were in the wrong. They should have just followed the guy and reported his location. But the "Jogger" that got shot wasn't just some innocent guy who was out doing what he loved to do and killed for it as the media is reporting.
    What did Arbery do that was wrong?

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post

Perhaps one reason is because most people don't want to turn everything into a commentary on ethnicity the same way you do.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    "wasn't just some innocent guy"? What was he guilty of?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

So true

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    He charged the 2 guys and engaged them.

Assault and battery....it may sound ridiculous but if I yell at you to stop, say I want to talk to you and show you my gun (legal gun) it's not a crime. If you then charge me and attack my person with intent to cause harm or steal my gun, that's a crime.

Forget the insinuation that black kid was the burglar, it doesn't matter...he's the aggressor who escalated the incident.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Perhaps one reason is because most people don't want to turn everything into a commentary on ethnicity the same way you do.

Ummm no that's LeBron James who loves trying to turn ppl against one another, and the reason for this topic of discussion
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: toddsclowns

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    They are guilty of aggravated assault only if they either pulled the weapon 1st or if they didnt legally posses it. Theres no intent of a crime here hence no charges were filed. Asking to speak with someone isn't a crime.

Technically the black kid, by charging them, assaulted and battered them, the killing justified....dontvsee a jury buting that so the DA didnt charge.
    It's not a crime to refuse to talk to someone or refuse to stop for them. If you're being chased by anyone, especially if they're armed, you have the right to defend yourself.

mwgmwalker
    mwgmwalker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

“I also don’t think every issue should be everybody’s problem as well.”

Lebron

mwgmwalker
    mwgmwalker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

“I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk about that. ... My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it.”

MinnesotaFats

It's not a crime to refuse to talk to someone or refuse to stop for them. If you're being chased by anyone, especially if they're armed, you have the right to defend yourself.
    That is correct, but the accepted version of the story is that the hillbillies drove past the black, stopped, got out of truck but stood at or near truck. They did not hunt or approach the black, they yelled at him to stop, and asked to speak w him.

At this point, if he just runs away he's fine. But even the cell phone footage shows him jogging in and out of the screen then aggressively charging the 2 hillbillies.

That lapse in judgment, that act right there, and the fact the hillbillies had every right to defend themselves at that point, is why no charges were filed.

There are 3 witnesses (2 hillbillies and 1 cell phone) that show self defense and assault/ battery by black kid.

The other side of the story will never be heard because that witness, the black kid, is dead

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

They followed him, asked him to stop and were armed. A reasonable person would think they're being kidnapped and would think you can't outrun a truck so you might as well fight. He had the right to attack.

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

They followed him, asked him to stop and were armed. A reasonable person would think they're being kidnapped and would think you can't outrun a truck so you might as well fight. He had the right to attack.
    LMAO a reasonable person sees people with guns and decides to attack them? You have a screw loose dude.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

She didnt die.

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    He charged the 2 guys and engaged them.

Assault and battery....it may sound ridiculous but if I yell at you to stop, say I want to talk to you and show you my gun (legal gun) it's not a crime. If you then charge me and attack my person with intent to cause harm or steal my gun, that's a crime.

Forget the insinuation that black kid was the burglar, it doesn't matter...he's the aggressor who escalated the incident.
    He was not running at nor was he threatening the McMichaels. One McMichael was in the back of the truck. How was he engaging him? When he got close to the truck while jogging he avoided the truck by going around the right side. When approching the front he realized that the McMichael had a gun pointed at him. In Ga. you have a right and are justified to try and defend yourself when you have a gun pointed at you. You need to read Ga. Law when it comes to citizen arrest. This father and son were a couple of Ga. Hillbillys that wanted to play cops in civilian clothes with a black guy and had no idea it would end this way. Now they will go to jail for a good long time, they've destroyed Arbrey's family and their own families. How fukking ignorant can you be?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

The black jogger guy wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed for charging the white guy holding a GUN... Drrrr! What do you think is going to happen? You get shot and killed.

Oh and Lebron is an even bigger idiot for race baiting with that comment.. White people aren't hunting down black people and shooting them dead every day.. Lol.

HockeyRocks

LMAO a reasonable person sees people with guns and decides to attack them? You have a screw loose dude.
    You have every right and are justified in the State of Ga. to defend yourself. These 2 hillbillys were dressed in civilan clothes, how did he know who they were? You need to reasd Ga. citizen arrest laws...Not waht think.

Hman

You have every right and are justified in the State of Ga. to defend yourself. These 2 hillbillys were dressed in civilan clothes, how did he know who they were? You need to reasd Ga. citizen arrest laws...Not waht think.

I don't think he was arguing that the guy didn't have the right to defend himself.

His point is that if someone is holding a gun, it's probably much wiser to talk to & reason with them instead of bumrushing them.

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    She didnt die.
    all trash

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

2 calls were made to 911 just prior to the shooting. This is the transcript of one of them. One of the family members of the deceased identified the jogger as the man on the surveillance video.

Caller: “There’s a guy in the house right now, it’s under construction.”

Dispatcher: “And you said someone’s breaking into it right now?”

Caller: “No, it’s all open. It’s under construction ... and there he goes right now.”

Dispatcher: “OK, what is he doing?”

Caller: “He is running down the street.”

Dispatcher: “That’s fine I will get police out there. I just need to know what he was doing wrong. Was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

Caller: “He has been caught on camera a bunch at night. It’s kind of an ongoing thing. The man building the house has got heart issues. I think he’s not going to finish it.”

Dispatch: “OK, that’s fine. And you said he was a male in a black T-shirt?”

Caller: “White T-shirt. Black guy, white T-shirt. He’s done run into the neighborhood again.”

HockeyRocks

I don't think he was arguing that the guy didn't have the right to defend himself.

His point is that if someone is holding a gun, it's probably much wiser to talk to & reason with them instead of bumrushing them.
    Come on man, that's easier said then done. Do you know what you would do in a split second if a gun was pointed at you from a few feet away. We grow up and are told to protect ourselves at all time, right????

big joe 1212

Those sure as hell don't look like jogging pants/clothes.

Who jogs in the middle of the street?

Hman

Come on man, that's easier said then done. Do you know what you would do in a split second if a gun was pointed at you from a few feet away. We grow up and are told to protect ourselves at all time, right????

Honestly, I would try to reason or run, one of the two.

Definitely not try to charge and take the gun.

That's suicide

1234 ... Last