t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Not sure I’d agree with that he’s the better player currently. He exited the Aussie Open early while Nadal got to the finals. Since then I haven’t seen anything that makes it seems he’s better. Nadal has had his number on clay and hardcourt over the years.
    Nadal got clowned at the Aussie by Joker though. Also dropped out of a match with Feds a month or two ago with some BS injury probably because he knew he’d lose again since Feds has owned him the last few years.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

rain rain go away ughh, will there be any play today

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Nadal got clowned at the Aussie by Joker though. Also dropped out of a match with Feds a month or two ago with some BS injury probably because he knew he’d lose again since Feds has owned him the last few years.
    Well, because it's Djoker. He's the best player in the world, maybe the best to every play the game. Fed has more majors, but it's conceivable to think Novak in his prime was better. Very debatable. Still think Fed is best ever, though, until someone gets to 20 majors.
    I don't know why he'd be afraid of playing Fed? While Fed has had his number the last couple years, Nadal went through a stretch where he won 15 out of 19 matches between the two. I don't like defending Nadal. Not a fan of his and I like Federer much better. But I will concede Rafa is the better player right now and has been in their head-to-head matchups over the years.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Just not sure how you can say Nadal is better right now. He hasn’t really done anything of note in the last year or so. He wins on clay. That’s about it.

navyblue81

Just not sure how you can say Nadal is better right now. He hasn’t really done anything of note in the last year or so. He wins on clay. That’s about it.
    1) In the last 4 majors, Rafa's won, finished 3rd, finished 3rd, and finished 2nd. Roger DNP, finished 5th, finished 9th and finished 5th.
    2) In 2019, Federer is 27-3 and Rafa is 30-5. Fed 2 titles, Rafa 1. Slight edge to Fed there.
    3) Rafa is ranked better in the world rankings.
    4) It's clay and the French Open.

Overall, they're pretty even, but you have to factor in the tournament and the surface here. It can't be ignored. If this was Wimbledon or the Aussie, it could go either way. But it's not.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Federer has to hit 70% 1st serves to have a chance. With where nadal stands he can serve on bolley very easily to get free points on serve

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

1) In the last 4 majors, Rafa's won, finished 3rd, finished 3rd, and finished 2nd. Roger DNP, finished 5th, finished 9th and finished 5th.
    2) In 2019, Federer is 27-3 and Rafa is 30-5. Fed 2 titles, Rafa 1. Slight edge to Fed there.
    3) Rafa is ranked better in the world rankings.
    4) It's clay and the French Open.

Overall, they're pretty even, but you have to factor in the tournament and the surface here. It can't be ignored. If this was Wimbledon or the Aussie, it could go either way. But it's not.
    You cannot finish 3rd in a tennis tournament, only exception is the Olympics.

But I agree, Rafa will win pretty comfortably.
    Also, the weather may affect Novak more because he won't play today (most likely), will need to play tomorrow and Friday. If he beats Zverev in 3 sets, fine, but if he needs 5 sets it can affect him for the semis.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    You cannot finish 3rd in a tennis tournament, only exception is the Olympics.

But I agree, Rafa will win pretty comfortably.
    Also, the weather may affect Novak more because he won't play today (most likely), will need to play tomorrow and Friday. If he beats Zverev in 3 sets, fine, but if he needs 5 sets it can affect him for the semis.
    3rd-lose in semis; 5th-lose in quarters; 9th-lose in 4th round. I just figured it was shorter/easier to type than typing "lost in the fourth round or quartfinals".
    Novak should roll through Zverev. Zverev has been shaky in majors and especially the French thus far. Thiem would be a tough match for him. Then he should get a day's break before the final.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care but this could be the dumbest post of the year. Nadal just won in Rome and he's been great all year - Nadal is 25-5 this year and he's won nearly 4 million dollars. He's finished well at several majors.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Federer has to hit 70% 1st serves to have a chance. With where nadal stands he can serve on bolley very easily to get free points on serve
    Free points vs federer is an oxymoron.

SamsNCharge99

current line
    Nadal -700
    Federer +500

Nadal -2.5 sets (-115)
    Federer +2.5 sets (-105)

OVER 33 games (-110)
    UNDER 33 games (-110)

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Fed will get killed if he serves and volley

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Fed will get killed if he serves and volley
    Yeah cant do that vs a returner like Nadal. Especially on 2nd serves like he kept doing vs Stan

ApricotSinner32

Federer is going to hit towards nadals backhand majority of the time and win it.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Federer is going to hit towards nadals backhand majority of the time and win it.
    He tried that last time they played here.
    He got steamrolled. To beat Nadal at the FO, you need to hope he’s playing hurt or doesn’t have A or B game. If he has his A game, Superman can’t beat him.

ApricotSinner32

Nadal is not the same as he used to be

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Nadal is not the same as he used to be
    Neither is Fed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Only way Fed wins is if Nadal fixes it.

ApricotSinner32

Neither is Fed.
    Nadal's playstyle will suffer more from aging he relies more on physicality. In contrast federer is way more skillful with every shot in his playbook. Federer should be like +200 here not +600

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

whatd the price for final assuming joker vs nadal novak will be favored right maybe -150

ApricotSinner32

Thiem will beat joker

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nadal will never be underdog. Are you guys high?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Nadal will never be underdog. Are you guys high?
    i think joker will be slight fav, can't wait for the final to see joker beat nadal
    Points Awarded:

stepaside777 gave cincinnatikid513 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i think joker will be slight fav, can't wait for the final to see joker beat nadal
    Nah I think nadal would be fave. But Djoker has a chance. Thiem has a chance too though. Of the three guys, Fed is the only one I would say doesn’t have much of a chance.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer's a live dog here. The match result and both players to win a set is worth a look, currently Nadal +162.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Nadal is known for starting matches slow, so I won't be surprised to see the first set go the distance or Federer to even win it. I think the OVER at 33 looks pretty easy here.

As far as the Thiem Djokovic match, I don't believe in Thiem. He got smoked in the finals by Nadal last year, match wasn't even close, and Djokovic right now is playing at that type of Nadalesque level, even on clay. Nadal is still the best clay courter in the world, but this isn't prime clay Nadal, where he was basically the Terminator. Still expect Nadal to win the french, but Djokovic has an easier draw with Thiem instead of Federer. I don't understand the odds on Djokovic. Only -200. That's a straight gift.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Nah I think nadal would be fave. But Djoker has a chance. Thiem has a chance too though. Of the three guys, Fed is the only one I would say doesn’t have much of a chance.
    Thiem has no chance. Thiem got smoked last year in the finals by Nadal. It was embarassing. Thiem cannot play a best of 5 match against the top players. He makes too many unforced errors. He can win 2 sets, but 3, he's not winning.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Nadal is known for starting matches slow, so I won't be surprised to see the first set go the distance or Federer to even win it. I think the OVER at 33 looks pretty easy here.

As far as the Thiem Djokovic match, I don't believe in Thiem. He got smoked in the finals by Nadal last year, match wasn't even close, and Djokovic right now is playing at that type of Nadalesque level, even on clay. Nadal is still the best clay courter in the world, but this isn't prime clay Nadal, where he was basically the Terminator. Still expect Nadal to win the french, but Djokovic has an easier draw with Thiem instead of Federer. I don't understand the odds on Djokovic. Only -200. That's a straight gift.
    Thiem is great on clay, he's done well at the French open almost every year and Djokavic didn't look that good against Zverev, he should have lost the first set, I like Djokovic to win but it will be a tough match.

navyblue81

Thiem has no chance. Thiem got smoked last year in the finals by Nadal. It was embarassing. Thiem cannot play a best of 5 match against the top players. He makes too many unforced errors. He can win 2 sets, but 3, he's not winning.
    He’s one of the very few guys to ever beat Nadal on clay. Granted it was a best of 3 sets, but he still beat him. Last year in the final he seemed overwhelmed, but the guy is solid on clay. He will give Djokovic a match tomorrow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thiem playing best tennis of his life

Natural born clay courter

SamsNCharge99

Thiem to beat djokovic tomorrow but nadal in finals

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Straight Gift? Here was the score the last time Joker played Thiem at RG in 2017

2017 Roland Garros
    France
    Outdoor Clay QF Dominic Thiem 765 63 60

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Straight Gift? Here was the score the last time Joker played Thiem at RG in 2017

2017 Roland Garros
    France
    Outdoor Clay QF Dominic Thiem 765 63 60
    Thiem is a good player but that match is misleading , that was played when Djokavic was having shoulder problems, he's playing much better now.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Buy Fed up and take this 3 teamer at +350ish: Roger Federer +8,Johanna Konta -2 , Barty ML

4sees
    4sees's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Just taking him to win it all like he should ...

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win Ticket#:
    STRAIGHT BET Jun 07 TNT ATP FRENCH OPEN
    [1] RAFAEL NADAL -170
    340.00 SBR / 200.00 SBR 4177840

First 12345 Last