ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

How many nba superstars that was weak at scoring ? Jason Kidd - John Stockton ? Not 2 many - both those 2 guys I name are great all time passers-

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i really don't understand the simmons hype.

my understanding was that he hasn't taken a voluntary 3 pointer the last 2 seasons. he has taken 3's but always motivated by shot clock or game clock.

how can he not have taken one 3 pointer? it's bizarre and people say the league is all about shooting now.... of course, you have to get the ball to the shooters and simmons is good there.... but i just see simmons having problems against better teams and/or in big games. defenses get much much tighter and what does he do? how hard is a non-shooter to stop?
    My guy Westbrook should take a page out of his book!! They can both get to the rim against pretty much anyone 1 on 1, which of course leads to opening up shooters. Shooters are a dime a dozen if you got guys who can force defenses off those said 3 point shooters!! Finding guys to hit open treys much easier than finding guys to free them up. Not a lot of guys like curry who can dribble around and create his own high percentage 3!!
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    How many nba superstars that was weak at scoring ? Jason Kidd - John Stockton ? Not 2 many - both those 2 guys I name are great all time passers-
    You can be a big time scorer without being a good 3 point shooter.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415

It’s a myth that GSW shoots lots of 3s- I believe they were in the middle of the NBA with 3 point attempts last season - Simmons dont need 2 be a perimeter shooter- he can used his size and get easy high % 2s - still very young - judge him in 2-3 more years

VAMH26
    VAMH26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Aussies are soft - Case closed
    Remember, we do this without wearing our mummies shoulder pads or helmets...

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by VAMH26 View Post
    Remember, we do this without wearing our mummies shoulder pads or helmets...

You wouldn’t think rugby players are tougher then NFL players? Who’s bigger and faster? 1 of rugby best player in Australia couldn’t even last on the 49ers roster few years ago -

2daBank

It’s a myth that GSW shoots lots of 3s- I believe they were in the middle of the NBA with 3 point attempts last season - Simmons dont need 2 be a perimeter shooter- he can used his size and get easy high % 2s - still very young - judge him in 2-3 more years
    No myth at all, middle of pack in NBA these days is in fact shooting a lot of treys!!

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No myth at all, middle of pack in NBA these days is in fact shooting a lot of treys!!
    Most people would assume they are TOP 5 in 3 point attempts- because they shoot it so well- they take lots of mid-range and attack the basket -

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Simmons is bored because he basically has to hand-feed Fultz the ball so they can create value for the kid if they want to trade him. The trick is working too because Fultz has looked better each game so someone might get suckered to take this kid thinking he's going to be a star in a year or two. Fultz plays way too soft, loses focus when he doesn't have the ball, and has a slow release on his jumper. If you ever saw an interview with him, you'd see he never looks anyone in the eye. Kinda seems like he's on drugs or whatever.

Simmons knows Colangelo blew this franchise's big chance by drafting this kid then dealing next years Sacramento pick on top of it. He'll be heading to LA with LeBron in two years. (They share an agent)

VAMH26
    VAMH26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

You wouldn’t think rugby players are tougher then NFL players? Who’s bigger and faster? 1 of rugby best player in Australia couldn’t even last on the 49ers roster few years ago -
    Rugby? This ain't rugby mate.

Aussie Rules football. It's a 360 degree game, not one where you just tackle head on.

And believe me, no NFL player would last 1% of the time that Hayne played if they tried AFL...

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Anything philly is trash
    philly cheese steak????
    Points Awarded:

AshinKusher gave JayDr3am 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Stockton score more than 75% of pg in the league. he just chose not to shoot alot. all time leader in steals and assists also.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

This guy is worthless

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This guy is worthless
    The path to greatness in the NBA is improving your weaknesses. Ben hasn`t gotten the memo.
    Still young, but HAS to develop a jump shot....C`mon man.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

did,simmons hit a 3 pointer yet

philly is trash just like the city is
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Worthy of a bump for sure

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

He didn't show up today.. Horrible..

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly need to stop playing Embiid when he's hurt, Simmons isn't aggressive when Embiid is taking all the shots and Embiid was horrible, clearly not healthy.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Philly need to stop playing Embiid when he's hurt, Simmons isn't aggressive when Embiid is taking all the shots and Embiid was horrible, clearly not healthy.
    Embid ending up playing huh? They made it sound like he wouldn’t .

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Embid ending up playing huh? They made it sound like he wouldn’t .
    Morino is right here, Ive noticed as well, everytime hes playing hurt its no good, iether lay him or not cause all the plays go through him and he cant perform Unfortunately

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Morino is right here, Ive noticed as well, everytime hes playing hurt its no good, iether lay him or not cause all the plays go through him and he cant perform Unfortunately
    We were out all day so didn’t even know he played, last i heard he wasn’t going to. seems like be smarter to give him few more days and hope he gets right than to run him out there hurt and never letting him recover. You guys right it makes no sense to have him in playing not healthy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Laker good call

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Laker good call
    Laker

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Embid was caught cell phone texting on the bench during the game. NO LIE!!! This Philly team isn't coached well and are not serious.. Jimmy Butler their only solid player...

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7247

Its why the NBA is garbage. Players care more about cell phones and money than than the game and the fans. I cannot imagine spending one cent watching these morons. It is by far the worst pro sport.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Embid was caught cell phone texting on the bench during the game. NO LIE!!! This Philly team isn't coached well and are not serious.. Jimmy Butler their only solid player...
    Pathetic.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Its why the NBA is garbage. Players care more about cell phones and money than than the game and the fans. I cannot imagine spending one cent watching these morons. It is by far the worst pro sport.
    It's getting bad.. Players have more control over the coaches and owners now.. It's happened to the NFL too..

Fire em all.. Wake up call needed.. NEVER in NBA history does a player have a cell phone on the bench and texting in game in the playoffs.. Embid did that today...

I'd suspend him..

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Simmons is a completely different player when he knows he's the first option and Embiid is out, PHilly had a great record without Embiid last year, if Embiid is going to play hurt he can't shoot on every possession early in the game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Simmons is a completely different player when he knows he's the first option and Embiid is out, PHilly had a great record without Embiid last year, if Embiid is going to play hurt he can't shoot on every possession early in the game.
    I thought I saw a thing w Philly record with and without him and numbers looked pretty bad without. Might have just been this year, not sure.

leetreaper

Embiid is superstar, guys c'mon...Super basketball IQ although hard to stay healthy for his figure and work load, probably injury prone body as well which suck but nothing you can do about it...

2daBank

Embiid is superstar, guys c'mon...Super basketball IQ although hard to stay healthy for his figure and work load, probably injury prone body as well which suck but nothing you can do about it...
    That been the issue w him since before he was drafted. Guy never healthy. You know what they say, the Best ability is availability!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Guy is an injury waiting to happen. He reminds me of Sam Bowie or Andrew Bynum back in the day with better skills. I'd trade him now while he's still worth something.. Dude has bad knees now and is always injured..

Dump him!!!

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Guy is an injury waiting to happen. He reminds me of Sam Bowie or Andrew Bynum back in the day with better skills. I'd trade him now while he's still worth something.. Dude has bad knees now and is always injured..

Dump him!!!
    You missed one, any guesses?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You missed one, any guesses?
    Derrick Rose maybe? Yao Ming?

First 1234 Last