HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

A few things to know about Nascar fans:

.....They're very patriotic and love flying "Old Glory."

.....They still drink Bud, chew Skoal and through chicken bones to the people sitting in front of them..

.....They save change left over from weeks pay all year long to go to that one race that comes to their area..

.....They're very loyal to the driver they support.

.....Its very difficult for many to find where they parked after a night race..

More later...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    People that don't follow it,just go by the stereotype,fact of the matter.
    sure looks that way in this thread

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    sure looks that way in this thread
    This is true,I half expected it though to be honest.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I’m Not a huge race fan, but going to a big race like Daytona is the shit. You’re missing out if you’ve never been.

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    A few things to know about Nascar fans:

.....They're very patriotic and love flying "Old Glory."

.....They still drink Bud, chew Skoal and through chicken bones to the people sitting in front of them..

.....They save change left over from weeks pay all year long to go to that one race that comes to their area..

.....They're very loyal to the driver they support.

.....Its very difficult for many to find where they parked after a night race..

More later...
    More reasons to hate it...

#Crackers

the1yankee
    the1yankee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3689

Well...if u look to the time when new fans and viewers came about, and the sport was at its biggest

Around Sr EARNHARDT s passing, thus the passing of the torch to Jr, in the 500 win.

Just don't think sport could hold.the casual fan, like NFL, JUST HOW IT IS

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Need the old school grab ass drinking cowboys that talk shit on and off the track and get busted by the law.

Everyone is polished, work out, sober and married.

So boring

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

^^^ That's probably got some truth in it.

HockeyRocks

When announcing race results, Nascar used to include the amount of money won by each finishing position. Not anymore. Are they to embarrassed or what? So many problems with Nascar, one reason there's talk of the France family selling...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Purse money is a joke besides daytona. And since it Has nothing to do with the $ they make just not sure anybody really cares about it

HockeyRocks

Purse money is a joke besides daytona. And since it Has nothing to do with the $ they make just not sure anybody really cares about it
    It certainly does have something to do with the money they earn as they get a percentage of the purse in addition to what they are paid under contract to drive for a particular team...

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

NASCAR might be bigger then hockey in America - Most viewers probly from the south

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    It certainly does have something to do with the money they earn as they get a percentage of the purse in addition to what they are paid under contract to drive for a particular team...
    Its a small % of what they make. Very small. Thats why i said nobody cares about a race purse

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

it doesn't help that cars are not the Americana they used to be. New generations have a lot more toys to play with. Older generations connection to a car is much deeper. Also, race way too long for younger generations.

Personally, I hate driving now so the idea of watching some else drive isn't exciting. I'm ready full autonomy and never having to touch a steering wheel again, too bad I'll be 80 by the time it happens.

HockeyRocks

Its a small % of what they make. Very small. Thats why i said nobody cares about a race purse
    Come on Mike, your not talking to a Nascar newbie here...Purse payouts can run from 20-40% or more for the driver....Top 10 drivers are generally paid up to 40%.....A 200K first place win would pay a top driver an additional 80 K...Don't tell me people don't care..

What they care about is the astronomical prices they have to pay to see a race so these drivers earn so much money..

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Need the old school grab ass drinking cowboys that talk shit on and off the track and get busted by the law.

Everyone is polished, work out, sober and married.

So boring
    Tim Richmond use to stick out like a sort thumb because he was the wealthy clean cut guy,know its the other way.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I didnt think i was.

Kennseth said 10% or so last year when they asked him but of.course they are secretive. Lol. but yes it varies but its well short of 30-40% from very few guys ive heard talk about. The top guys could finish 30 each week and make a shit load

Could be changing though with vets exiting and new guys probably cheapier and more instinctive based. Who knows really though im no expert on their contracts by any means just the on track stuff

And i was saying fans dont give a shit about it, not the drivers and teams
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-11-18 at 09:10 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

We did have a scrub fail a drug test this yr so maybe things are finally coming back to the old days

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    it doesn't help that cars are not the Americana they used to be. New generations have a lot more toys to play with. Older generations connection to a car is much deeper. Also, race way too long for younger generations.

Personally, I hate driving now so the idea of watching some else drive isn't exciting. I'm ready full autonomy and never having to touch a steering wheel again, too bad I'll be 80 by the time it happens.
    We doesn't love to drive their own rig? What happened?

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Tim Richmond use to stick out like a sort thumb because he was the wealthy clean cut guy,know its the other way.
    Never heard of him.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The core NASCAR posters that have been here on SBR for years are some of the most polite and least judgemental on this site. Reigle is the only one that even talks politics or race and hardly ever does that in NASCAR threads as well.

Seriously. There are a lot more "Southern Gentlemen" out there than you big city slickers realize I think.
    Uh, you left out women.

Although since Tony retired, my interest has faded a lot. I watched the 500 and spring 'Dega but most of the time, I forget that it's on or it's on on a Saturday and I forget to DVR it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post

Uh, you left out women.

Although since Tony retired, my interest has faded a lot. I watched the 500 and spring 'Dega but most of the time, I forget that it's on or it's on on a Saturday and I forget to DVR it.
    Sorry Nina. Southern ladies are the best too

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Never heard of him.
    Most fans haven't unless their old schoo he doesn't get brought up alot of people think it's because of how he died,Days Of Thunder was based on him.

First 123