d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I think Trump will get a deal. No other president has had any luck trying to work with china.

They have GDP growth of 10%, we are at 2.7%. They are the #2 economy in the world, and one day soon they will displace us.

We need "fair trade", nothing more. The only way to get there is what you are seeing.

This is like having a gf that cheats and steals and you sit her down and say I want you to not cheat or steal from me anymore. But she can't because she has cheated and stolen for so long she doesn't know any other way. So tough love a coming but we will be no worse off than we are today no matter what.
    You're guarantee on that is no comfort. If neither side caves and it continues to escalate, we will all be worse off. All sides.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You're guarantee on that is no comfort. If neither side caves and it continues to escalate, we will all be worse off. All sides.
    I agree. especially our farmers and us as the consumers. our prices will skyrocket. both sides have huge egos so the key will be how it is presented and each side will say they "won" when we know that won't be true

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

China should be held to the same standard as other developed countries with regard to trade.

But just slapping a bunch of tariffs on their imports and a constant reckless storm of threatening tweets is not negotiation.

To think that past Presidents were unable to “get a deal” with China is preposterous.

Trump could very well just be posturing to get a more favorable outcome in negotiations. And that works great in a real estate deal, but right now he is fukking with the global economy that is already in the late stages of a growth cycle.

Not good.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

You guys don't understand the Chinese. Have to break them down first before getting a deal.

If we cut trade with china they would collapse. We are half their economy. So there is no reason we can't get a fair deal if we have the balls to demand it. Enter Trump. We are in the breaking down stage of the negotiation.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Let’s just hope it doesn’t “break down” the economic expansion and bull market in the process

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Are you holding on to your butts?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Are you holding on to your butts?
    Yes!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

try predicting daily movements of the stock market is like trying to predict the pick 3 lottery

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    try predicting daily movements of the stock market is like trying to predict the pick 3 lottery
    In this market where Trump or China will make an announcement, pick 6 is easier than daily movements.

RoyBacon

'President Obama slapped a stiff 35% tariff on Chinese tires in 2009 after American companies complained about unfair competition. They said China was flooding America with tires at low prices making it tough for U.S. companies to compete. The tire tariff gradually waned, and finally ended in 2012.'

China wore down many POTUS's. Obama gave it the ole college try to. Wonder if any of the libtards here complained then .

They may wear Trump down too.

Folks should realize we got by for 200 years with almost no trade with China. If we can not get fair trade we should opt for no trade. Let's bring the jobs back, recruit immigrants and let's have fair trade with partners like the Philippines and Indonesia.

It's the globalists and Koch brothers types that want $1 day labor while excluding most of our products in their market. Fvvvk that.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

'President Obama slapped a stiff 35% tariff on Chinese tires in 2009 after American companies complained about unfair competition. They said China was flooding America with tires at low prices making it tough for U.S. companies to compete. The tire tariff gradually waned, and finally ended in 2012.'

China wore down many POTUS's. Obama gave it the ole college try to. Wonder if any of the libtards here complained then .

They may wear Trump down too.

Folks should realize we got by for 200 years with almost no trade with China. If we can not get fair trade we should opt for no trade. Let's bring the jobs back, recruit immigrants and let's have fair trade with partners like the Philippines and Indonesia.

It's the globalists and Koch brothers types that want $1 day labor while excluding most of our products in their market. Fvvvk that.
    And we got by for over 200 years without a computer or the internet. So I guess we could just turn em all off and we'll be fine.

Doesn't work like that. The pain would be severe. And nobody would be better off for it.

RoyBacon

And we got by for over 200 years without a computer or the internet. So I guess we could just turn em all off and we'll be fine.

Doesn't work like that. The pain would be severe. And nobody would be better off for it.
    Would not be severe and certainly would be contained to the short term.

BTW, this is a progressive idea; Fair trade. You far right fuggers need to learn that unfair trade hurts our working poor.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Would not be severe and certainly would be contained to the short term.

BTW, this is a progressive idea; Fair trade. You far right fuggers need to learn that unfair trade hurts our working poor.
    $500 billion or whatever trade deficit doesn't mean the trade is unfair or that we're losing. President Dipshit doesn't even know what he's supposed to be fighting for, and he ain't fighting for it. I've always been a free-trader, maybe I'm not as "liberal" as you think.

RoyBacon

$500 billion or whatever trade deficit doesn't mean the trade is unfair or that we're losing. President Dipshit doesn't even know what he's supposed to be fighting for, and he ain't fighting for it. I've always been a free-trader, maybe I'm not as "liberal" as you think.
    The number certainly is irrelevant. The fact they close off markets to us, steal our IP, manipulate their currency, dump below cost and have higher tariffs on our goods in general is the problem. Fair trade has zero to do with imbalance.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Your president.........

WaveRunner33
    WaveRunner33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 551

RoyBacon I feel dumber after reading your posts.
    "Have to break China down" LOL

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by WaveRunner33 View Post
    RoyBacon I feel dumber after reading your posts.
    "Have to break China down" LOL
    Takes some getting used to. We had POTUS's that could not stand up to china. You're not dumb, you just haven't seen a successful US trade deal in your lifetime.

We kind of saw the same tactic with North Korea. China will come to the table this time.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18912

Takes some getting used to. We had POTUS's that could not stand up to china. You're not dumb, you just haven't seen a successful US trade deal in your lifetime.

We kind of saw the same tactic with North Korea. China will come to the table this time.

RoyBacon

Some folks think prices would sky rocket if we wound down imports from china.

Lot of countries we could cuddle up with to take china's place.
    India, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia all of southeast asia, all of central america and all of south america.

China believes we can't live without them. The opposite is closer to the truth.

homie1975

Roy
    In the short term it will hurt our prices big time because we're so embedded in China that to mobilize everything to other countries could take years

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Roy
    In the short term it will hurt our prices big time because we're so embedded in China that to mobilize everything to other countries could take years
    Yes it would take years.

But there is something strange and unhealthy about buying a 1/2 trillion dollars a year from a potential adversary. Even more strange they cheat, manipulate their currency and openly steal our technology.

How about starting a long term program to buy that same half a trillion dollars from Latin America and South America? Half of central america are on the top murder countries list and the main reason we need a border barrier. Why china?

RoyBacon

Nice to see futures up a little. Still could be some follow through selling.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Burial on Monday???

RoyBacon

Lot of green on the global board. Only the UK has a very small loss.

Dow looks to open +170ish.

RoyBacon

+240...1% gain so far.

Kind of miss the days we were up 40 or down 10.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

+240...1% gain so far.

Kind of miss the days we were up 40 or down 10.
    Yeah, no kidding. Up or down 1.5% per day is becoming the norm. Almost never did that last year.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Another great day.

Trump keeps winning.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

RoyBacon

How strange is it that the market is up +400 knowing we are about to deliver a major military strike in Syria . I guess it's old hat and a non factor.

I wonder how investors will feel when the bombs start dropping? I'll still predict a muted market response although it could dampen the buying spirit for a day maybe two.

homie1975

Roy
    i was thinking along the same lines once it was announced that we are going to make a move on Syria very soon. DOW at +330 as i type

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Roy
    i was thinking along the same lines once it was announced that we are going to make a move on Syria very soon. DOW at +330 as i type
    Why all the focus on the Dow 30? S&P 500 much more useful index.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

How strange is it that the market is up +400 knowing we are about to deliver a major military strike in Syria . I guess it's old hat and a non factor.

I wonder how investors will feel when the bombs start dropping? I'll still predict a muted market response although it could dampen the buying spirit for a day maybe two.
    To say we are about to deliver a major military strike on Syria is nothing but fearmongering. You have NO idea what will happen, and you have no idea how Stria, Russia and Iran will react....You think they will stand still...NOPE........Douchebag Don has said a "Big Price to Pay." The problem, because he LIES so much he has no credibility....Wait for his actions...

homie1975

Why all the focus on the Dow 30? S&P 500 much more useful index.
    i agree and for me personally it's more about the NASDAQ but since the three tend to rise up similar levels it seems that people want to always discuss the largest number, the DOW

homie1975

i'm not big on jinxes but every time this dude Opie spews his clear politically biased nonsense, the market literally starts to take a dive immediately or in AH.

it's uncanny

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Market gave back almost everything. Haven't been paying attention today - what did Trump say this time?

homie1975

Market gave back almost everything. Haven't been paying attention today - what did Trump say this time?
    1. poster OPIE ran his mouth again. he is a jinx as this is about the third time he's said "Trump is winning" or something like that yada yada yada, and then the market tanked. I've put him on my Ignore list now. He does not realize that the president can only get in the way of the market going up when he really wants to. Businesses and speculation make the market rise, not presidents. See Obama. it went up under his average reign as well. these prez's regardless of party are all average.

2. Syria

First ... 6789101112 ... Last