Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Sam i have contacts with SD social services if you need info about medical applications. PM me.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Fortunately we have great Ins and cash to pay non-covered items/treatment

Thank tho

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Good luck.. Going to jail is a good rehab facility and wake up call for young kids hooked on drugs.. Although felonies suck on your record for when you do get sober and go out looking for jobs..

Can join Wendy Williams after in a sober living home... https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-for-addiction

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

https://www.algamus.org/gambling-addiction-treatment

I went to this rehab after my family ambushed me with an intervention 12 years ago. imo it was not worth the 30k or whatever it was that they spent on it bc in my heart i knew I would be gambling again down the road but rationalized it would be small amounts for entertainment. I was clean for about 18 months before I got back into it during football season. My parents bailed me out of some tough spots and definitely enabled me way too much when I was younger so it was hard to hit rock bottom and really want the help i needed.

My problem, although money lost/ owed was an issue, was more about the time I was consumed by gambling. Whether it was playing poker all night or capping and watching games. I spent way too much time doing this grind and less time focusing on my studies and relationships. GA never did anything for me at all. I was 15 years younger than the next guy in there and everyone just shared funny depressing bad beat stories essentially. I mentioned how I was in fantasy football league and in in the semi finals and they told me I had to quit the league. I admitted to buying a powerball ticket for 1$ when the jackpot was 400 mill and I got screamed at. I wore and Mets hat and was scolded for wearing gear that could remind someone of gambling. It was a little too culty for me with their higher power and serenity prayers holding hands. It didn't help that my sponsor was full of shiat and got caught stealing from his company to gamble during my time. I got sick of it fast. It was not for me. As an odds guy, I didn't like the stat that 1% of ppl that walk into AA stick with it and it wasn't too far off for GA. God bless if it helps your son though.

8k isn't very much in the grand scheme of things especially if it was money deposited online and not owed to a book. Also, bookies are usually not violent like the ones in the movies. 95% of them will act like your friend and work with you setting up a payment plan to pay it off to not risk getting stiffed or having to sell the debt off and make pennies on the dollar. Also, violence only leads to trouble and could destroy their operation. Just make sure he has a safety net with his finances. Whether his paycheck is directly deposited to an acct only his wife has access to and he is put on an allowance type deal until he proves himself and even after. Not worth the risk of a bad relapse where he could lose his family by pissing away their savings, college tuitions, etc.

Hope he keeps it up and sticks with the program. Good Luck Sam. He is your son. Be there for him as much as you can but in the right way. He needs to want this for himself and has to realize he could lose his family as a result if he goes down that path again. As you know, us gamblers/addicts can be very manipulative and compulsive liars. We are very crafty and can always find a way to get some action without our loved ones knowing if we wanted to so make sure you and his wife are on top of him like white on rice. Avoidng watching the games for a while really helps.
    Points Awarded:

PromiseLand gave TheMetsSuck 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Introduce him to season long bets like season wins totals, individual pitcher wins, will a team make the playoffs, etc.

Do it on credit with a local if possible so you don't have to sweat a book folding

These types of bets give you action constantly without putting up new money, and if he's like most gamblers it's the action he craves

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Introduce him to season long bets like season wins totals, individual pitcher wins, will a team make the playoffs, etc.

Do it on credit with a local if possible so you don't have to sweat a book folding

These types of bets give you action constantly without putting up new money, and if he's like most gamblers it's the action he craves
    If the kid needed rehab you really think a few future bets r gonna be good for him?
    my advice is stop babysitting him and let him be on his own. let he learn the hard way. Sammy you r part of the problem. You wanna be friends wth the kid or actually be a parent? If you really wanna help the kid cut off all contact till he gets his shit together or can support his own lifestyle he wants

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    If the kid needed rehab you really think a few future bets r gonna be good for him?
    my advice is stop babysitting him and let him be on his own. let he learn the hard way. Sammy you r part of the problem. You wanna be friends wth the kid or actually be a parent? If you really wanna help the kid cut off all contact till he gets his shit together or can support his own lifestyle he wants
    1. We all know gambling is a tough thing to kick. The alternative I propose solves a lot of the problem (time consumption, chasing losing bets, betting over your head) through moderation

2. It works for me. I used to bet about 50k a weekend during football season and now I bet about 100k in futures bets before the season with the major sports on credit. It's a lot of action, fun to keep track of, and keeps the monetary and mental swings to a minimum.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Clearly you beaten the gambling addiction Willy. Good for you. God bless.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

as always, he doesnt have a gambling problem...he has a losing problem

teach him to win and i doubt anyone will say he has a gambling problem

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

rehab is for losers... almost everybody reading this now has had a day like that... some have had many days like that.

Kid will only learn by getting punched in the gut... and it sounds like he is half way there now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    as always, he doesnt have a gambling problem...he has a losing problem

teach him to win and i doubt anyone will say he has a gambling problem
    No one has a gambling problem when they are always winning.. It's only when they lose and still can't stop..

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

lol

crying over 8k

i lost 10k over the last 3 weeks and didnt cry once

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

CBT is the way to go for rehab if you are going to do it.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Clearly you beaten the gambling addiction Willy. Good for you. God bless.
    ty graucho

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sammy's kid cannot win

owes sharks too

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sammy's kid cannot win
    owes sharks too
    ~~~~
    JJ...What's the update on #1 Son Jeffery.

Sammy...Get the ship turned around and head to smooth sailing.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    CBT is the way to go for rehab if you are going to do it.
    More rehabs should actually use this. Most are too lazy to actually put the work in, in my experience. Just places to dry out these days. I’m sure better ones out in Cali.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Folks gotta love themselves and good things will follow.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Another thread why I’m winning at life

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ted Odom -250
    Booya +210

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

you loose a few sports bets …. so he goes in rehab.....

sounds like Sam and his boy need to get some real help and learn how to win...

weak clown show around here....

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8534

Godspeed, Sammy.

First 1234