hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

there are many internet posts about concerns with Yobit. Russian-based. I've never used them so have nothing more to add than what I've read out there.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    there are many internet posts about concerns with Yobit. Russian-based. I've never used them so have nothing more to add than what I've read out there.
    I think I opened an account there but never sent money or coins there. That would be a HUGE red flag if they take USD to sell altcoins without US license.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Or if you bought Ripple a year ago when it was $0.006, you wouldn't give a shit what it did the last 2 weeks.

We'll have this same discussion a year from now, guaranteed.
    Mac what do you see as the max price potential for Ripple and Tron? I'm already heavy on both

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Mac what do you see as the max price potential for Ripple and Tron? I'm already heavy on both
    It's hard to call a max on any of these coins early stage and every time I do, I'm too low, but I like Ripple to hit $5 this year. Whenever it hits CB, it'll reach close to that number. I can see Tron hitting $0.70 this year. I think both are long term holds although Ripple is more of an institutional coin that defies the spirit of crypto. It could very well overtake BTC in it's use but I don't see it going much higher than $20 (if you compare it to BTC) ever as there's too much in circulation. But, it could end up handling the majority of crypto transactions if the big banks have their way, which could send it much higher than speculated. Tron would probably touch 1/10 to a 1/4 of that, $2 - $5 tops, which could take several years. If Tron partners with a big name, like an Alibaba, all bets are off. It could skyrocket overnight. If any of these coins partner with a big brand like an Amazon (if Bezos doesn't make his own coin) it would be a home run.
    Points Awarded:

ROFLcopter gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm very heavy BTC and ETH, then heavy Tron, XVG, ADA and XRP. I'm relatively medium in about 7 other coins (EOS, RDD, DOGE, VEN, STEEM, XLM and CVC, then small in about 10 others. My goal is to be heavy in at least 10 coins.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm very heavy BTC and ETH, then heavy Tron, XVG, ADA and XRP. I'm relatively medium in about 7 other coins (EOS, RDD, DOGE, VEN, STEEM, XLM and CVC, then small in about 10 others. My goal is to be heavy in at least 10 coins.
    youre way to thin
    you want to have 3-6 coins and go heavy in those instead of being spread out in like 10-15 coins for more gains

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    youre way to thin
    you want to have 3-6 coins and go heavy in those instead of being spread out in like 10-15 coins for more gains
    I'm heavy in 6... and spread out in the others. I keep adding incrementally in all from here on.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm not thinking short term. I'm thinking 10 years from now, while most are thinking next week.
    Everyone ought to pause for a moment and ask "What am I trying to accomplish with cryptos?". Then you can begin to make a halfway decent plan on how to approach investing and trading.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Bsims 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

XRP,WAX,OMG,DBC. Only four I'm interested in and own lots of each.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15407

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Make an estimate on how high the marketcap will be compared to other coins. If you think that your coin can get even with ETH, then divide the coinmarket cap of ETH by the amount of coins that can be produced by your coin. That will give you a price.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave raiders72001 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Make an estimate on how high the marketcap will be compared to other coins. If you think that your coin can get even with ETH, then divide the coinmarket cap of ETH by the amount of coins that can be produced by your coin. That will give you a price.
    I think ETH and XRP will both surpass BTC marketcap sooner than later. I think LTC becomes the first dinosaur, if that's possible.

coanwe
    coanwe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7297

youre way to thin
    What would be your 3-6 heavy coins, fire?

Bucketwah
    Bucketwah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

In case others are interested. Im in this to hold long term and have set myself up with 5 coins that i havnt touched for a little while now. I just add to them as I deposit more funds..I"m not currently holding any of the big dog coins. I believe LONG TERM, the tech and team of these coins will prevail. I"ll list them in current market prices from Low to high

XLM
    ADA
    IOTA
    VEN
    EOS
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

By the way... I finally bit and bought one the other day. It got delivered a couple days ago and I haven't even opened the package yet. I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I just checked the price and it's down to $125.99. WTF? It's fluctuating like BTC.

Ledger Nano S Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet
    [COLOR=#555555 !important]Sold by: CostDirect Deals

Return eligible through Feb 15, 2018

[COLOR=#B12704 !important]$162.85[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#555555 !important][/COLOR][COLOR=#555555 !important][/COLOR]
    Buy it again

[/COLOR]
    shit was $75 a month ago.. what a scam.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    In case others are interested. Im in this to hold long term and have set myself up with 5 coins that i havnt touched for a little while now. I just add to them as I deposit more funds..I"m not currently holding any of the big dog coins. I believe LONG TERM, the tech and team of these coins will prevail. I"ll list them in current market prices from Low to high

XLM
    ADA
    IOTA
    VEN
    EOS
    give Neo, ZRX and AST a look.
    Points Awarded:

Bucketwah gave shocka1212 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    Everyone ought to pause for a moment and ask "What am I trying to accomplish with cryptos?". Then you can begin to make a halfway decent plan on how to approach investing and trading.
    you can (or should) print that out and apply to to everything in life really

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I think ETH and XRP will both surpass BTC marketcap sooner than later. I think LTC becomes the first dinosaur, if that's possible.
    theoretically, id be suspect... if what you're banking on does indeed happen, the money would be poured in and then taken out once it reaches its destination... so it would essentially be a wash, no?

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    you can (or should) print that out and apply to to everything in life really
    My wife and I will ask "What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that?" periodically. Part of the secret of a happy 47 year marriage.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Bsims 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by coanwe View Post
    What would be your 3-6 heavy coins, fire?
    NEO #1, ETH, ICX , RDN then some smaller cap coins..
    ODN, CND, Playkey

take some riskier/ high reward shots
    Points Awarded:

coanwe gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bucketwah

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    give Neo, ZRX and AST a look.
    Will do. Thanks

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19251

Right now, 50% of my investment in coins sits with these three: ETH, EOS and FUN. Interesting that in the recent dip, EOS beat ETH back to in-the-black status (for me).... I gotta conclude that EOS is a very strong and well supported coin...

The other 50% is spread out among 16 different coins. Some were chosen from recommendations in this thread, some were just recklessly speculative and others I just liked the chart/graph dynamics. Since my position is long term, I intend to give all a good long look and see what sinks and what swims and then pare things down a bit. (I am on Day 9 of a month long no touch/no tweak experiment although I couldn't resist picking up some BTC and ETH in the recent dip, eheh. This will be kept separate from the experiment.)

I am somewhat late to the party having bought my first BTC in September. Still, I have a lot of faith in ETH and I think at minimum, it's going to quintuple (5x) by the end of the year.....
    Last edited by Arky; 01-19-18 at 02:52 PM.

firekillex

you think ETH will be 5k EOY????

raiders72001

ETH can't go to $5k in the near future because the marketcap would be so much greater than BTC. If it were to increase by that amount, then BTC would also need a huge price increase or a collapse.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Charts 101.

I used to study and create charts in my old job. I'd issue reports and the charts were always the focus - people seem to find reading charts a lot easier than reading a bunch of text. I learned early that you can drastically alter the perspective of a chart just by the scaling and time. For example, go here:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

and check out the chart for BitCoin. Now, click on the "3m" (3 month) and then "All". Now, go back and forth between the two. Looks like two different charts, no? That's because it is. The scaling changes and so does the look. When you're researching a coin, always make sure to run it through all the different chart perspectives.

The charts at Binance (and most exchanges) are all warped looking because most of the time your looking at a pairing - for example, XRP/ETH. Since the price of ETH fluctuates, the chart will fluctuate. This can lead to a "twisting" chart. Had the pairing been against the USD, then you would see a chart more like the ones at Coinmarketcap. Coinmarketcap charts are all measured against the USD. The Binance charts are not without use, though. They are good to see daily highs and lows and volumes. Just something to keep in mind...

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes.

ETH can't go to $5k in the near future because the marketcap would be so much greater than BTC. If it were to increase by that amount, then BTC would also need a huge price increase or a collapse.
    By the end of year, not near future. And Bitcoin may very well increase - people are waiting in line to get into crypto....

firekillex

i cannot see anyway ETH is 5k eoy , even though id love that
    reasonably id say it hits 2-2.5k EOY max

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Yes.

By the end of year, not near future. And Bitcoin may very well increase - people are waiting in line to get into crypto....
    People are waiting in line to buy cryptos but there are whales in line to knock it down for quick profits. I could be wrong and the patterns change but we've just had a huge increase that occurred in a very short time. This type of turbulence doesn't happen as much as portrayed. It happened in 2010, 2013 and the privacy coins earlier in 2017.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

i cannot see anyway ETH is 5k eoy , even though id love that
    reasonably id say it hits 2-2.5k EOY max
    OK. No problem. Just doing my Nostradamus like everyone else. ;-)

firekillex - 2-2.5k for ETH EOY.
    Arky - 5k ETH EOY

Guess we'll see EOY.....

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    OK. No problem. Just doing my Nostradamus like everyone else. ;-)

firekillex - 2-2.5k for ETH EOY.
    Arky - 5k ETH EOY

Guess we'll see EOY.....
    I hope that at least one of you is right. I'll definitely take the $2k or more.

raiders72001

My only concern with ETH is that other smart contract coins, such as ADA, have better technology. The brand name, as shown by BTC, is more important than the technology so who knows what will happen.

If ETH solves the scalability problem, they could be number one. If lightning increases speed and lowers the fees, BTC could boom.

Bucketwah

Question for you guys. Does anyone know why BTC controls pretty much the whole market and how long do you think it will last for? I mean, i dont even own any btc at this time but i look at btc and if its up... my whole portfolio is up. If btc is down, my whole portfolio is down.. And its always like that... And it seems that way for 99% of all the alt-coins out there. Hell, it doesnt matter what coin i own at the moment. As long as btc goes up, your good it seems... Am i wrong?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    Question for you guys. Does anyone know why BTC controls pretty much the whole market and how long do you think it will last for? I mean, i dont even own any btc at this time but i look at btc and if its up... my whole portfolio is up. If btc is down, my whole portfolio is down.. And its always like that... And it seems that way for 99% of all the alt-coins out there. Hell, it doesnt matter what coin i own at the moment. As long as btc goes up, your good it seems... Am i wrong?
    Alt coins are tied to btc until an exchange(s) starts accepting fiat for purchases. Until then there's btc, and to a lesser extent ether/ltc. Have to buy btc to buy "coin x". When holders are selling, alts are down, when buying alts are up. Generally speaking.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

My only concern with ETH is that other smart contract coins, such as ADA, have better technology. The brand name, as shown by BTC, is more important than the technology so who knows what will happen.

If ETH solves the scalability problem, they could be number one. If lightning increases speed and lowers the fees, BTC could boom.

$2 cardano is a feasible estimate for this year.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Ast back to its scandelous ways... all aboard. everyone all dickhard over ripple when this is the one thats going to be a Wall Street mainstay..

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Jesus my shit is going nuts. Finally.

First ... 166167168169170171172 ... Last