trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

(CNN)The Minnesota police officer who fatally shot Philando Castile during a traffic stop in July has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and two felony counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm, Ramsey County Attorney John Choi announced Wednesday.St. Anthony police Officer Jeronimo Yanez will make a first court appearance Friday, Choi said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/us/off...ing/index.html
    Points Awarded:

futbolmundial gave trytrytry 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and the POS scumbag you dumb idiots continue to support while they rob and kill you just got acquitted.

you have to be a real pos to be ok with this

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Unreal. Terrible shoot. Cop was never in control. City refusing to put him back on patrol says all you need to know. The city should pay out the nose in the civil suit.

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i wonder if lawsuit can happen now wiht not guity verditct
    Last edited by soccergoat; 06-16-17 at 11:37 PM.

soccergoat

also let us not rush to judgement here because most of these police shootings happen because PEOPLE DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!

maybe the cop said put ur hands up do not move and then he reached into his pockets and the cop thought he was going for a gun best thing to do is FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by soccergoat View Post
    also let us not rush to judgement here because most of these police shootings happen because PEOPLE DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!

maybe the cop said put ur hands up do not move and then he reached into his pockets and the cop thought he was going for a gun best thing to do is FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
    The best thing is for cops not to pull out their fukking guns and start shooting

Not following directions is not a valid reason for a cop to shoot anyone

soccergoat

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The best thing is for cops not to pull out their fukking guns and start shooting

Not following directions is not a valid reason for a cop to shoot anyone
    all i'm saying is if people followed the directions of cops there wouldn't be nearly as many shootings, so many of these are because people make a sudden movement or don't follow directions and the cops get scared and panic, if this guy would of kept his hands up or not reached he would still be alive

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I'm real surprised about this being not guilty.
    Out of all the questionable cop shootings, I thought this one would fall under guilty. I would really like to see a video of what happened 5 minutes leading up to the shooting. People are calling this a race thing, but there were all races on the jury that found him not guilty.
    I'm very confused.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

It absolutely will.

civil court has a lower burden of proof to convict than criminal.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

I would love to know if the defense brought up the argument, what kind of person tells a police officer that he has a weapon, then calmly and purposefully reaches for the weapon in order to shoot the cop...with his girlfriend & kid in the backseat?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

all i'm saying is if people followed the directions of cops there wouldn't be nearly as many shootings, so many of these are because people make a sudden movement or don't follow directions and the cops get scared and panic, if this guy would of kept his hands up or not reached he would still be alive
    Maybe, but we should hold cops to higher standards. With great power comes great responsibility. If a cop tells me to get on the ground and shut my mouth, I would get on the ground and shut my mouth. But if I didn't, I shouldn't expect to be shot either.

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I would love to know if the defense brought up the argument, what kind of person tells a police officer that he has a weapon, then calmly and purposefully reaches for the weapon in order to shoot the cop...with his girlfriend & kid in the backseat?
    Is there any video of the guy telling the cop he has a gun?
    I've only seen the video of the guy after he was shot.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Is there any video of the guy telling the cop he has a gun?
    I've only seen the video of the guy after he was shot.
    Yes, it was established as fact in court through the dashboard cam. I meant prosecution above as the cop was the defense. What's more believable, the cop was a complete dumbass who never should have been carrying a gun or Castile was a complete psycho and told the cop he had a gun, then ignored commands and tried to shoot him? I'd really like to know what was the key piece of evidence that swung the jury.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

i wonder if lawsuit can happen now wiht (sic; with) not guity (sic: guilty) verditct (sic: verdict)
    Absolutely there will be a civil lawsuit.

It’s back to the courtroom for O.J. Simpson.
    An attorney for Simpson began arguments in a court in Los Angeles Thursday on Simpson’s appeal of the wrongful death judgment in the deaths of his ex-wife and a friend.
    Nearly four years ago, a civil jury found Simpson liable for the two deaths, and ordered him to pay $33.5 million to the families of murder victims Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the cop thought he was a robbery suspect, assuming that is even true, it is still not an excuse for a public servant to kill an innocent person. That is a ****** up society and it is where we are.

The guy told him specifically he had a concealed carry permit and gun on him, cop told him not to reach for it and the guy responded he wasn't. Cops shoots him, with a 4 yearold girl in the back seat, and the guy's dying words were he wasn't reaching for his gun.

It makes absolutely no sense that this guy who simply had marijuana on him told a cop he had a gun if he had intent to draw on him. That is obviously not what happened, no one tells you they have a gun if they plan on shooting you and beating you on the draw.

And the psycho cop will just be working at another department.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

A wrongful death lawsuit may be filed by the family of the shooting victim. Even though office Yanez was found not guilty of the shooting.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I was shocked to see a juror come out and speak about the verdict.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Interesting there were two black people on the jury and they weren't even the hold up. These people listened and watched two weeks of testimony vs a few tweets and videos most people have access to. It's the prosecutions job to prove he's guilty and they failed. Reminds me of Casey Anthony. I lived in Orlando during that trial and we got daily updates on every channel of the news at every hour. The day of the verdict there was a large portion of people in Orlando who thought the verdict would be innocent because the prosecution never could prove without a shadow of a doubt she did it, even though it was obvious she was guilty as sin. The not guilty verdict is different from being innocent. Sometimes the system just fails us

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Was told to stop reaching for gun 3 times. Didn't stop. What was cops option there? Wait until he gets gun out and hope you were right that intent wasn't to shoot and if you weren't then your wife is going to funeral?

I think it must really suck to be a cop now a days.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    the cop thought he was a robbery suspect, assuming that is even true, it is still not an excuse for a public servant to kill an innocent person. That is a ****** up society and it is where we are.
    The guy told him specifically he had a concealed carry permit and gun on him, cop told him not to reach for it and the guy responded he wasn't. Cops shoots him, with a 4 yearold girl in the back seat, and the guy's dying words were he wasn't reaching for his gun.
    It makes absolutely no sense that this guy who simply had marijuana on him told a cop he had a gun if he had intent to draw on him. That is obviously not what happened, no one tells you they have a gun if they plan on shooting you and beating you on the draw.
    And the psycho cop will just be working at another department.
    Didn't the cop shoot like 7 times? I think coming very close to hitting the little baby in the back seat? That is crazy. I wondered if they ever asked the cop if he saw the baby in the back seat? That would have been a good bit of evidence.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Was told to stop reaching for gun 3 times. Didn't stop. What was cops option there? Wait until he gets gun out and hope you were right that intent wasn't to shoot and if you weren't then your wife is going to funeral?
    I think it must really suck to be a cop now a days.
    It must really suck to be Castillo... He's dead.

Why did the cop shoot so many times? This is the first time I'm hearing about the cop telling him to stop reaching for the gun. That sounds real sketchy. Maybe the cop was not real clear in his instruction? Why would the guy tell the cop he has a gun if he was going to shoot him? With his girl and baby daughter in the back does not make sense. I think cops are under trained and over stressed and that's why we have these stupid shootings. many years ago a cop had to wait for the criminal to actually shoot first but now it's dumbed down to the perp was reaching for a jelly donut, so I shot him.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

A little bit of natural selection at work.

The cop raised his voice to a scream and pulled his gun. Your survival instinct should be to freeze and show your frozen hands. Any other movement will and did create panic and unfortunately mistakes by the cop.

As Mac eluded to these cops are so poorly trained they shouldn't even be carrying a baton much less a firearm. With your firearm pointed at the subject, cocked and safety off you have plenty of time to confirm the situation.

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

Black lives matter

eidolon
    USA

What do you guys hear him say at 1:39?
    I'm hearing something different what the news is posting.

I'm hearing "I'm have to pull it out"
    While the news is saying he said "I'm not pulling it out"

First ... 6789