jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nino your fukkin broke

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    wrong
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Seattle minimum is 15 soon.....I paid 10 dollars for a meal at McDonald's
    Think about this....lets say there's 5 workers plus a manager on duty at McDs/Wendy's/BK etc....lets say the hours are 5 am til 1 am so 20 hours a day...if the workers make 15 and the manager makes lets say 20...with no overtime the labor costs would be 700 hours of min wage labor and 140 hours manager time so 13300 per week in wages...this is before all the employer matching costs of Medicare/SS and without Obamacare or other benefits (mainly to managers as probably all the reg workers would be part-time no benefits)....lets roughly guess after all those benefits this theoretical McDs after all that pays 17000 in labor costs per week with no overtime.

Well that means that this average McDs (many are 24 hours so add nearly 20% labor for those) spends around 2500 a day in labor costs....forget franchise fees/overhead/food/building costs/machinery etc...to BREAKEVEN EVERY McDs would have to make 200 an hour or over 3 dollars per minute EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY OPEN HOUR OF EVERYDAY...JUST TO BREAKEVEN...now when I roll up and get my 3 McDoubles and they penetrate around while I smoke a cigarette for 2 minutes and pay my 5 bucks they have actually LOST A DOLLAR ON THAT SALE

It's mind-boggling how much McDs will have to raise their prices...McDoubles used to be a buck now they're 1.49...in 5 years they'll be 3 bucks a piece and who the penetrate would ever pay that for a couple pieces of tasteless cardboard...the ONLY reason I shop at McDs is bc it (and Wendy's and BK) are penetrating cheap...that's it....in fact Wendy's and BK food tastes better all day long....McDs just microwaves a burger than steps on it and hands it to ya

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Think about this....lets say there's 5 workers plus a manager on duty at McDs/Wendy's/BK etc....lets say the hours are 5 am til 1 am so 20 hours a day...if the workers make 15 and the manager makes lets say 20...with no overtime the labor costs would be 700 hours of min wage labor and 140 hours manager time so 13300 per week in wages...this is before all the employer matching costs of Medicare/SS and without Obamacare or other benefits (mainly to managers as probably all the reg workers would be part-time no benefits)....lets roughly guess after all those benefits this theoretical McDs after all that pays 17000 in labor costs per week with no overtime.

Well that means that this average McDs (many are 24 hours so add nearly 20% labor for those) spends around 2500 a day in labor costs....forget franchise fees/overhead/food/building costs/machinery etc...to BREAKEVEN EVERY McDs would have to make 200 an hour or over 3 dollars per minute EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY OPEN HOUR OF EVERYDAY...JUST TO BREAKEVEN...now when I roll up and get my 3 McDoubles and they penetrate around while I smoke a cigarette for 2 minutes and pay my 5 bucks they have actually LOST A DOLLAR ON THAT SALE

It's mind-boggling how much McDs will have to raise their prices...McDoubles used to be a buck now they're 1.49...in 5 years they'll be 3 bucks a piece and who the penetrate would ever pay that for a couple pieces of tasteless cardboard...the ONLY reason I shop at McDs is bc it (and Wendy's and BK) are penetrating cheap...that's it....in fact Wendy's and BK food tastes better all day long....McDs just microwaves a burger than steps on it and hands it to ya
    I see where you're coming from... and I'm glad you've quickly crunched the numbers....

All I know is... there's a McDonald's near where I live that's always fukking packed. Same family has owned it for the last 30 years. It's been remodeled about 5 times... (full remodel). I know the numbers in wages etc is astronomical....

But all Americans do is EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT etc. Owner is making some serious coin.... It just shows you how things are already marked up sky high.

Let them bring the robots in etc. I'd love to see it.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

It's not so much the markup, Money, but it's the systems in place. It's the efficiency and volume as well as labor which is a key to how places like that make money. Little Caesars makes money selling 5.00 pizza all day not because the pizza costs them almost nothing, it actually costs 3.50, which should put them out of business, but because of their model and how they are basically an assembly line and use labor as a source of income. When you lose the labor aspect, the prices will have to go up, there is no way around it. You start to find ways to supplement your once simple menu and to lower your food cost, which of course they have been doing with their 8-10.00 pizzas they've come out with in the last couple of years. Labor cost is something that directly affects me, and is something that worries me as both a businessman and a consumer. Well, not so much a consumer, I root for price increases because that means when I do it, everyone will already be used to it and not bitch.

I don't think this is really a poor person's hobby/habit. I'm inclined to believe most people do well in their professional life to be able to afford to gamble. Aside from a few morons on here everyone seems intelligent enough to be doing well for themselves. I know jj thinks everyone is a fukking liar but I know a lot of broke diks, and I don't think I could even explain to them how offshore gambling works without their heads exploding. I think dual income and a family 100k is not that much after taxes and daycare etc, but if you have a modest home and buy used 3-4 year old cars and keep your expenses down it's a pretty good living. I'm married with no children and my wife and I run our business together... so 200k is a lot of money to us and when I write checks to myself from the business, it never becomes tired and boring putting that in the bank because I remember when the checks were 400 bucks and I worked for some stupid asshole.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

$100k in California or New York is not the same as $100,000 in Mississippi.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    $100k in California or New York is not the same as $100,000 in Mississippi.
    According to our government it is.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    You can buy a ranch with that salary in Mississippi but only a studio apartment in NYC.

jjgold

Paver you above 200k?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Paver you above 200k?
    Would not work for less than 250k coach.

jjgold

Paver I'm under 20,000 although hopefully with the new job it will boost me a little

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nino your fukkin broke
    jj, don't make me crush you with my wallet, you fukkin' peasant.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

my last year in the oil patch I made 84k. Now i'm starting my own biz living off 400 a week at the moment.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can buy a ranch with that salary in Mississippi but only a studio apartment in NYC.
    No - I get it - moved from Chicago to Florida - no pay raise but disposable income up significantly. Bought $100k more house and paying same mortgage just off of property tax savings alone.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Wonder why you dont hear people talking about taxing according to the cost of living. Makes perfect sense to me, but the crooks never bring that up.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    It's not so much the markup, Money, but it's the systems in place. It's the efficiency and volume as well as labor which is a key to how places like that make money. Little Caesars makes money selling 5.00 pizza all day not because the pizza costs them almost nothing, it actually costs 3.50,
    I have a hard time believing that nasty pizza costs them 3 and a half bucks, has to be cheaper right. The one close to me isnt that busy and they always have some nut near the road dressed like a clown promoting it.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

My buddy owns a few of them, I can break it down by ingredient if you want, I have an order sheet right here.

30 pepperoni - 1.20
    Box - .25
    Cheese - depends on market... bounces between 1.60-2.00. They put half a pound on a pie so lets go with .90 (although cheese hit nearly a record low a few weeks ago, last year cheese cost was almost double and it was like that for a good 2 years before that so the cost has actually been higher)
    Dough Ball (18 ounces) - .35
    Sauce (6 ounces) - .70

Add in prime cost and it's more than that, obviously. Franchise fees, labor, rent, utilities, etc. Franchises have the benefit of buying power, the distributor is owned by LC themselves so they control a lot of the costs that other pizza places have to build into their costs. So they get cheese at nearly market price (1.32lb right now, add .20 for it to be shredded and you can't get cheese much cheaper than that although as I said, it's nearly at record lows right now) and flour at nearly market cost - them making their own dough enables them to keep their costs down by quite a bit.

LC Subsidizes the nut on the road waving a sign, it's counted as advertising and not actual labor and LC pays a percentage. At least they used to, I'm not up on all this shit, except the pricing.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Well under 100k here. But I live in Michigan, cost of living is way cheaper than other major cities. Very content. As Biggie Smalls said "Mo money, Mo problems"

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

There is a simple math formula for everybody that posted in this thread about how much they make. You need to divide by 4 whatever they posted. So if they said they make 100,000 a year it really means 25,000 a year. Stop fukin lying. Nobody here is as wealthy as they claim to be. Me I make 2 million a year.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

People that make 100k don't bet bet points......

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    There is a simple math formula for everybody that posted in this thread about how much they make. You need to divide by 4 whatever they posted. So if they said they make 100,000 a year it really means 25,000 a year. Stop fukin lying. Nobody here is as wealthy as they claim to be. Me I make 2 million a year.

So this means you make half a mil, the mike?

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post

I bet them every once in a while. I have never redeemed any for anything other than re-upping pro, though.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

I don't know, grease... I make a good living, not 100k but when I was on my biggest heaters in sports betting, Sbr was the least thing I cared about honesty. I've seen others say the same.... Your state does have a lot to do with it though

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Not true.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Not true.
    most of the time it is
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Does the Mike have an iq over 100 or should I divide by 4????

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Does the Mike have an iq over 100 or should I divide by 4????
    More educated and better genes than you could wish for buddy. Stop trying to impress people on gambling forums. Jerkoff.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    More educated and better genes than you could wish for buddy. Stop trying to impress people on gambling forums. Jerkoff.
    divide by 4 so you are basically Sean Penn in I am Sam
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino, and opie1988

grease lightnin
    &

We need proof, the mike.

Hey the mike, I got my GED and there is a lot of heart disease and cancer in my family.

First 1234