8. David Ross (R) C
    9. Jake Arrieta (R) P

Yikes...

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Real Madrid and Manchester United were -400 today and won. But they were playing the bottom teams in their leagues. Are Rockies the worst team in the NL? I don't think so. Arrieta gave up 3 Runs last game. Can the Cubs score 4? Cubs don't seam patient at the plate. Fowler, Hayward and Bryant are into a horrific form. They swing at everything mostly on pitches off the plate. Cubs can win today but this is not an ALL IN game.

If you want an ALL IN game for these odds bet the Raptors. They will beat the Pacers and you don't have to sweat 9 innings.
    Big Problem...

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Big Problem...
    lol awful pick. raps havent won a game 1 in the playoffs ever

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I know a guy that has 4000 on Jake ML

Sucker

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I know a guy that has 4000 on Jake ML

Sucker Winner
    Fixed it.

Bigdave117
    Bigdave117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    But you have to remember that you are cutting your expected winning percentage by at least 25%. If we conservatively use 25% exactly, Pinny line right now is -319/+287 for an implied win% of 74.6% on ML. So .746 * .75 = 56.0%, which is fair odds of -127. So -130 is -EV and actual % is really a bit worse because 25% is low end.
    That's for an avg team. An explosive offense like cubs will win 85-90% of their games by 2+ runs

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I think Arrieta has a big regression this year, but I don't think it hits until he racks up about 10 starts

but it already appears that he is not as sharp as last year. Still very very good though

Big regression? He's at 3-0 with a 1.23 era and 0.77 whip

He will win 26 games this year with this explosive cubs offense and dominant pen

jjgold

good call men

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Arrieta has a big regression this year, but I don't think it hits until he racks up about 10 starts

but it already appears that he is not as sharp as last year. Still very very good though
    lol what the hell are you talking about? He is way better now than he was early last year. Hard as it is to imagine, he might have an even better season than last year, although they'll likely make sure he pitches fewer innings and maybe couple fewer games, out of an abundance of caution in planning for deep October baseball. I like his chances for another Cy Young.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    lol what the hell are you talking about? He is way better now than he was early last year. Hard as it is to imagine, he might have an even better season than last year, although they'll likely make sure he pitches fewer innings and maybe couple fewer games, out of an abundance of caution in planning for deep October baseball. I like his chances for another Cy Young.

I think he'll win the Cy young and actually win it pretty easily

kershaw or somebody else may be pretty close/beat him slightly in ERA but he's going to win 24-26 games. Voters are not going to overlook a 25 win season

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

insane jump in total innings thrown last year. and it caught up to him when it mattered most

he'll get the dreaded dead arm at some point, if not a big injury

Bigdave117

insane jump in total innings thrown last year. and it caught up to him when it mattered most

he threw 156 innings in 2014
    229 innings last year
    I don't think he'll throw more than 210-215 innings this year

one thing to keep in mind, yes he does throw a lot of innings, but he's very efficient with his pitches and doesn't give up a lot of baserunners. I'll take 220 low stress innings vs 200 innings where he's giving up baserunners and constantly having to pitch out of big jams. High stress, high pitch innings are horrible for pitchers

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Dude you've been begging this forever. Arrieta is a different cat. They're going to try to limit his innings, but it is tough when he goes well so effortlessly. Not just innings, but he made 33 reg season starts last season. Cubs should engineer that down to 30 or 31. Win the division to avoid the wild card game. He'll be fine. Could he go through a rough stretch at some point? Sure, he's still human. A human that's the best pitcher in baseball. Nobody outworks or outsmarts this guy. He's a freak. If he gets to FA, he's going to get 35+ mil per season.

Bigdave117

Dude you've been begging this forever. Arrieta is a different cat. They're going to try to limit his innings, but it is tough when he goes well so effortlessly. Not just innings, but he made 33 reg season starts last season. Cubs should engineer that down to 30 or 31. Win the division to avoid the wild card game. He'll be fine. Could he go through a rough stretch at some point? Sure, he's still human. A human that's the best pitcher in baseball. Nobody outworks or outsmarts this guy. He's a freak. If he gets to FA, he's going to get 35+ mil per season.

I agree, he's throwing around 89-100 pitches this year and still getting to 7-8 innings. Incredibly efficiency.

jjgold

Dave you're right on this one

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dave you're right on this one

People can sit there and scream "square" all they want. If you're not making money off Jake Arrieta, you're not doing it right

He's been incredibly profitable now for last 2 seasons

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave117 View Post
    I agree, he's throwing around 89-100 pitches this year and still getting to 7-8 innings. Incredibly efficiency.
    incredible efficiency, or incredibly efficient

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave117 View Post
    People can sit there and scream "square" all they want. If you're not making money off Jake Arrieta, you're not doing it right

He's been incredibly profitable now for last 2 seasons
    You got the numbers handy? I'd like to see how many units he's up last 2 seasons combined and the -1.5 RL and -2.5 RL numbers when he pitches.

First 12