Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Has Collin Kaepernick ever played in below 0 Degree Weather???

He played his college ball at Nevada.

Maybe at Colorado State?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Does this Stud really look like he is scared? Those abs laugh at -30

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

weather isn't worth capping in the NFL

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He may had played but I will be more worried about 49ers defense. They are not used to playing in below zero weather and when Packers go with no huddle they will be gassed easily.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Cold weather games usually favors the better running team. That's why Farve lost to the Giants at home in 2007. Same weather conditons but the more physical Giants won with Defense and running the rock.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Reno isn't a hotspot

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Cold weather games usually favors the better running team. That's why Farve lost to the Giants at home in 2007. Same weather conditons but the more physical Giants won with Defense and running the rock.

niners run game vs green bay defense > green bay run game vs niners defense.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Most players haven't played in weather like it will be this weekend. Hard to predict how any one player will respond. I think Kap is from the midwest.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

has nick foles won a playoff game?

has andrew luck won a playoff game?

is marvin lewis a playoff game winning coach?

has cap played in - 500?

Dirty Sanchez

Rodgers Collar bone could snap just as quick...He might want to put some extra padding around his shoulder area because the Smith's are going to be looking to punish him early and often. If they can put him on the deck I'm sure they would love their chance's dealing with Matt Flynn for the rest of the game

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The important thing about Kaepernick is that he throws a heavy ball and has plenty of zip. The 49ers play the style to win in cold weather football but I think the Packers also play much more of that style than they used to.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Defense wins championships and I would much rather take a legitimately fearsome defense like the 49ers and worry about how they can handle cold weather, than take a team with a depleted defense (so really no defense) like the Packers.

Rodgers > Kapernick

49ers defense > Packers defense

Gore and James > Lacy

49ers TE's > Packers TE's

49ers WR's vs Packers WR's is basically a push in my opinion. I can't think of a more physical wide receiver than Boldin and for the Packers, Nelson is super clutch.

49ers on the road vs Lambeau with thousands of unsold seats = give me 49ers on the road.

Dirty Sanchez

I would say that the Packers Offensive line will need to protect Rodgers 3 fold...that left shoulder will have a bull's-eye on it for any and all hits it can take. Also, the Packers defense being able to keep Kapernick in the pocket and not use his legs. I would feel a whole lot better if Rodgers was healthier and his gay lover didn't out him j/k

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

It looked pretty damn cold in lots of his college gms..

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Prolly not below 0. Unless you lived in North Dakota or Minnesota or somewhere Polar (like Fairbanks, AK), you prolly haven't experienced playing in sub-zero temperatures. It's not normal. Only 3 or 4 games in the entire history of the NFL were played in sub-zero temperatures.

And if you think it's not worth capping, go back and watch the Ice Bowl or the NFC Championship game between the Giants-Packers 5 years ago. There's a different element of football when the temperature drops to sub-zero digits. The ball becomes extremely difficult to throw and even more difficult to catch, the field can get icy and standing around for 10 seconds not moving you can get a shock in you.

DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Lacy is better than Gore

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if we want to consider weather, we should really just focus on the wind. Injuries will be a much bigger factor than weather.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    I think if we want to consider weather, we should really just focus on the wind. Injuries will be a much bigger factor than weather.
    I don't know...I was listening to Warren Sharp earlier today who is as good as it comes to handicapping and he said temperatures don't usually change the outcome of games unless they start getting close to zero and especially below zero because the ball becomes extremely difficult to catch and even hold onto. It changes things a lot.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I don't know...I was listening to Warren Sharp earlier today who is as good as it comes to handicapping and he said temperatures don't usually change the outcome of games unless they start getting close to zero and especially below zero because the ball becomes extremely difficult to catch and even hold onto. It changes things a lot.
    For sure, it does change things a lot, but it changes things a lot for both teams. I just don't think the weather is going to give one team an edge over the other.
    Last edited by Potentate; 01-02-14 at 11:57 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    Lacy is better than Gore
    Lol. Lacey vs niners D line is WAY worse then Gore vs packers line which is all that matters

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

No and he'll lose.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Here's some insight on Kaepernick's performance in inclement weather. He was actually born in Wisconsin. Go figure. His extended family lives about 30 minutes away from Green bay.
    http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/01/604...-excelled.html

49ers’ Kaepernick has excelled in harsh weather

SANTA CLARA -- Colin Kaepernick was 4 years old the last time he experienced a Wisconsin winter. In 1991 his family moved west to Turlock, where a dip into the 40-degree range is considered a wicked cold snap.

The 49ers quarterback returns to his native state Sunday to face not only a resurgent Packers team but a brutal forecast that seems to get worse by the day. The latest prediction is for a high temperature of 8 degrees and a low of minus-17 that night.

To put that in perspective, the temperature for the famous “Ice Bowl” game between the Packers and Cowboys in 1967 was minus-13 degrees.

Kaepernick, whose extended family lives within a half-hour’s drive of Green Bay, grew up dreaming about walking through the tunnel atLambeau Field. But encountering Old Man Winter at the other end wasn’t precisely the scenario he had in mind.

“I don’t think my dream was to play in freezing weather,” he said Wednesday. “But to be in the playoffs and have this opportunity – yes, it’s part of the dream.”

Those who have followed Kaepernick’s career from Nevada until now, however, note that the strong-armed quarterback is in his element when the elements are the most challenging.

Kaepernick’s most famous game with the Wolf Pack, a 2010 win over Boise State in Reno, is also his coldest. The temperature dipped into the 20s by the time the game ended, and Kaepernick had 259 passing yards, a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown as Nevada rallied to knock off the No. 3-ranked Broncos 34-31 in overtime.

Offensive lineman Joel Bitonio blocked for Kaepernick in that game.

“Obviously, cold conditions affect everyone on the field,” Bitonio said. “But to me it seemed like he was honed in and almost more focused because there was a different element to contend with out there. He put more focus on his throws and how he was going to get the ball there. He never let the things on the sideline or the weather affect his game.”

Other Kaepernick highlights also came amid dark and stormy backdrops.

In 2007, he threw for 404 yards – the highest total of his college career – in a win over Louisiana Tech that featured 20-mph winds from start to finish. Bitonio said it seemed to snow three times a week in December 2009 when the Wolf Pack prepared for the Hawaii Bowl.

“We had to practice outside because we have no indoor facility,” he said. “So we would practice in 6 inches of snow pretty much every day. He’s been in the cold his whole career, pretty much.”

One of Kaepernick’s best NFL games came at New England last December amid a wintry mix of rain and sleet. He threw for a career-high four touchdowns in San Francisco’s 41-34 victory. Still, the temperature at kickoff for that game was 34 degrees.

Not only is Sunday’s game certain to begin below the freezing mark, it could dip below zero degrees before
    halftime.

Even lifelong Wisconsinites think that’s cold, one reason there were still 7,500 tickets for the game unsold as of Wednesday afternoon.

Kaepernick’s father, Rick, will join the perhaps 40 or so Wisconsin relatives who will drive 35 miles from their homes in New London to Lambeau Field. Rick Kaepernick said he’ll borrow a relative’s orange hunting suit and wear his red 49ers jacket over it.

“People keep asking me, ‘Do I have clothes and gear?’ ” he said. “I tell them, ‘No, I don’t have any. Do you think I stored them for 30 years?’ ”

Kaepernick’s aunt and godmother, Kathy Algiers, said she’ll wear a neutral-colored coat. But a red 49ers hat and red scarf – a Candlestick Park giveaway at Kaepernick’s first start against Chicago last season – will show her true allegiance.

“I have a green and gold (coat), but I’m not wearing it,” she said. “That’s been tucked away in the closet a few years now.”
    Last edited by Potentate; 01-03-14 at 12:06 AM.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Potentate 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Reno_Thor gave Potentate 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bubblebuttluv

Lacy is better than Gore
    lol

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Still remember when he torched Boise St on the Reno frozen tundra. No weather issues.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    lol

he is though. gore is washed up. he lives off a good line. lacy is better right now. only his bum ankle might hurt him.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lacy is hurt too, and not sure if Kaep has played in 0 degree weather but I bet he doesnt wear sleeves either way

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    he is though. gore is washed up. he lives off a good line. lacy is better right now. only his bum ankle might hurt him.
    His bum ankle. And the 49ers defense.

bubblebuttluv

Let's go off the fact that Lacy may be better than Gore (I think that is laughable, but for arguments sake we will use that). Gore has this good back-up known as LaMichael James.

I have no fukking clue who Lacy's back-up is.

The big thing is the 49ers O-Line will dominate the Packers D-Line.

bubblebuttluv

And for the record, if Gore retired in the offseason (which he clearly won't) that wouldn't bother me at all.

I want to see my boy Marcus Lattimore playing in the NFL next year.

Lattimore is a beast.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Let's go off the fact that Lacy may be better than Gore (I think that is laughable, but for arguments sake we will use that). Gore has this good back-up known as LaMichael James.

I have no fukking clue who Lacy's back-up is.

The big thing is the 49ers O-Line will dominate the Packers D-Line.

and it still wont matter. you took sf ?

bubblebuttluv

[/B]

and it still wont matter. you took sf ?
    I haven't taken anyone yet.

I will take San Fran though come game day.

I believe their defense is monstrous and will put Rodgers on his back all game and I believe Kaep will run wild.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

kap led Nevada over undefeated boise 2011----very cold night.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    For sure, it does change things a lot, but it changes things a lot for both teams. I just don't think the weather is going to give one team an edge over the other.
    I agree. But it could affect the amount of points in the game. That's why that O/U number of 47 is very appealing to me. I think this is a game where these teams run a ton because of the fact it's so difficult to catch the ball.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Lacy is better than Gore
    Is this a joke?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Frank Gore may not like playing in cold weather either.

kid played his college ball in Miami.

123 Last