1. #36
    Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-08
    Posts: 29,843
    Betpoints: 3344

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Everyone who keeps saying buying a mac is overspending... such a ridiculous statement to make. It's like saying why would you buy a car for 10 dimes when you can get a bicycle for only $300. The quality difference is huge. Try taking a 4 year old PC and having a bunch of browsers open, your statistical software running to tell you what the right side of a bet is while also downloading porn. Your PC will fukkin blow up!! You should run and dive behind your couch so you don't get an explosion in your face. Listen to your PC revving and burning up when you do this On a Mac it is a piece of cake. And as for PC only having viruses because 'no one uses a mac' (lol at that statement), it doesn't matter what the reason is. Anyways look at how many people in this thread and in real life say "Now that I have had a Mac I will NEVER use a PC again". Nobody says the opposite. Who the fukk started with a Mac and moved to a PC and says they'll never go back??
    Hank Webber, Webber Sports

  2. #37
    Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-09
    Posts: 3,086
    Betpoints: 582

    These threads will just divide everyone in apple people and pc people. Difference is apple people have fanatic tendencies.


  3. #38
    opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-10
    Posts: 23,441
    Betpoints: 809

    Bigtimers use a Mac.

    End of story.

    SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011


  4. #39
    TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 9,364

    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Bigtimers use a Mac.

    End of story.
    op is small time, gas pumper

  5. #40
    onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 9,436

    Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    op is small time, gas pumper
    the only pumping i do is with ur moms and sister

  6. #41
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,689
    Betpoints: 1794

    onetrickpony

    no black antics please

  7. #42
    Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,362
    Betpoints: 2790

    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Bigtimers use a Mac. End of story.
    Good to see all that money spent on marketing/advertising is not going to waste.

  8. #43
    TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 9,364

    Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    the only pumping i do is with ur moms and sister
    what clown,unreal

  9. #44
    excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-25-10
    Posts: 4,270

    hackintosh

  10. #45
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,790
    Betpoints: 1857

    get a macbook fool.

  11. #46
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Even if you're just browsing the net:

    no fukkin popups every 5 seconds

    Havent got a pop up in 5 years, its called a pop up blocker
    no viruses
    you odnt get viruses unless you look at porn 24/7. a simple 5 minutes system restore will get you back where you were. Ive had 2 viruses in 16 years using a pc
    your computer wont reboot in the middle of an NFL 2h betting spree because Bill Gates decided updating Minesweeper was more important

    These are automatic system updates. you can set the time you want the updates to boot or you can simply turn them off.

    Microsoft getting killed by Apple because they haven't figured out in over 20 years that the computer is your bitch and not the other way around

    How many people can say their PC is running as smoothly as day 1 after 4 years? Mac users can
    My MACBOOK IS 4 YEARS OLD, i cant even download new versions of safari, mozilla, itunes, or iphoto because apple forces you to pay to upgrade every time they come out with a new version good or bad. Windows users with XP can run any program on the internet.

    Couple all this with horrible compatibility issues and way overpriced why would you buy a pos mac.
    ......

  12. #47
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Ask around this question: How many people buy a Mac and then go back to a P.C.? You'll find out that once people buy a Mac, they stick with it. That in and of itself says something.
    I was given a macbook pro in 2007 when i graduated high school, cant totally knock it but it dosent have anything pc's dont, bought 2 pc's since. would never pay that much for a mac

  13. #48
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,689
    Betpoints: 1794

    "How many people can say their PC is running as smoothly as day 1 after 4 years? Mac users can
    My MACBOOK IS 4 YEARS OLD, i cant even download new versions of safari, mozilla, itunes, or iphoto because apple forces you to pay to upgrade every time they come out with a new version good or bad. Windows users with XP can run any program on the internet."

    wtf? all those updates are free, obviously youve never had a mac

  14. #49
    hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-10-10
    Posts: 14,270
    Betpoints: 78



    when have you ever had to pay to upgrade safari, itunes or iphoto


    if you are going to post at least know what you are talking about

  15. #50
    GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-10
    Posts: 2,072
    Betpoints: 125

    i owned a mac, hated that fuckin thing. was so happy when i got something new. Apple is just a name that hipsters bought into. And anyone that says macs cant get viruses is a dumb ass because they do.

  16. #51
    TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-19-06
    Posts: 536

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Even if you're just browsing the net:

    no fukkin popups every 5 seconds
    no viruses
    your computer wont reboot in the middle of an NFL 2h betting spree because Bill Gates decided updating Minesweeper was more important

    Microsoft getting killed by Apple because they haven't figured out in over 20 years that the computer is your bitch and not the other way around

    How many people can say their PC is running as smoothly as day 1 after 4 years? Mac users can
    Anyone who is competent with a computer?

  17. #52
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    "How many people can say their PC is running as smoothly as day 1 after 4 years? Mac users can My MACBOOK IS 4 YEARS OLD, i cant even download new versions of safari, mozilla, itunes, or iphoto because apple forces you to pay to upgrade every time they come out with a new version good or bad. Windows users with XP can run any program on the internet." wtf? all those updates are free, obviously youve never had a mac
    Do some research before you make a bonehead statement....

    I have a 2007 Macbook pro. That is Mac OSX TIGER(10.4)

    Since then Mac has released LEOPARD(10.5) SNOW LEOPARD(10.6) and LION(10.7). Go look up the specs for Itunes version 10.0 and up. Then go look up the specs for mozilla and safari. they all require 10.5 or 10.6 and higher for new upgrades. Thus apple requires you to pay to upgrade you OSX to get any free upgrades


    iTunes 10 is not compatible with 10.4.11 tiger. There fore, you cannot sync songs to our iPhone. It will also do the same with iPad and iPhone. To download iTunes 10, you have to upgrade to Mac OS X leopard (10.5) or snow leopard (10.6). Upgrading to leopard will work to download iTunes 10.


    iTunes 10 requires OS 10.5 or higher.

    If you have a PowerPC based Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.5 ("leopard"). OS 10.5 is being sold while stocks last by phone order only to Apple at 1-800-692-7753. $129 for single user, $199 for 5-user family pack.

    If you have an Intel-based Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.6 ("Snow Leopard"). All Snow Leopard DVDs are capable of doing a clean install, so if you just want to buy the $29 version, you can. Instructions on doing a clean install are here:
    macsDOTaboutDOTcom/od/snowleopardmacosx106/qt/cleaninstall_sl.htm
    (replace each "DOT" with ".")

    If you install to a separate partition from OS 10.4.11, the installer will ask you if you want to import your OS Settings, Applications and/or Files from OS 10.4.11. Do this for a smooth transition. (I upgraded directly from OS 10.4.11 to OS 10.6.x using this method.)
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 04:31 PM. Reason: link does not work

  18. #53
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    when have you ever had to pay to upgrade safari, itunes or iphoto if you are going to post at least know what you are talking about
    read above post dumbass

  19. #54
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    firefox and safari specs for Apple
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 04:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

  20. #55
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,689
    Betpoints: 1794

    Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Do some research before you make a bonehead statement....

    I have a 2007 Macbook pro. That is Mac OSX TIGER(10.4)

    Since then Mac has released LEOPARD(10.5) SNOW LEOPARD(10.6) and LION(10.7). Go look up the specs for Itunes version 10.0 and up. Then go look up the specs for mozilla and safari. they all require 10.5 or 10.6 and higher for new upgrades. Thus apple requires you to pay to upgrade you OSX to get any free upgrades


    iTunes 10 is not compatible with 10.4.11 tiger. There fore, you cannot sync songs to our iPhone. It will also do the same with iPad and iPhone. To download iTunes 10, you have to upgrade to Mac OS X leopard (10.5) or snow leopard (10.6). Upgrading to leopard will work to download iTunes 10.

    http://store.apple.com/us/question/a...PCKYKUDDDXKHTK
    iTunes 10 requires OS 10.5 or higher.

    If you have a PowerPC based Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.5 ("leopard"). OS 10.5 is being sold while stocks last by phone order only to Apple at 1-800-692-7753. $129 for single user, $199 for 5-user family pack.

    If you have an Intel-based Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.6 ("Snow Leopard"). All Snow Leopard DVDs are capable of doing a clean install, so if you just want to buy the $29 version, you can. Instructions on doing a clean install are here:
    macsDOTaboutDOTcom/od/snowleopardmacosx106/qt/cleaninstall_sl.htm
    (replace each "DOT" with ".")

    If you install to a separate partition from OS 10.4.11, the installer will ask you if you want to import your OS Settings, Applications and/or Files from OS 10.4.11. Do this for a smooth transition. (I upgraded directly from OS 10.4.11 to OS 10.6.x using this method.)
    So what you're saying is it's free for me to do all that on my old Compaq with Windows 95?

    If you have a really old OS you're going to have to pay to upgrade it and then pay again to get the new software.

  21. #56
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    So what you're saying is it's free for me to do all that on my old Compaq with Windows 95? If you have a really old OS you're going to have to pay to upgrade it and then pay again to get the new software.
    your going to compare 95 to 2007? Cmon computers made in 95 dont have the RAM or hardrive to handle simple programs anymore. Windows computers made in 2001 can still handle todays upgrades. Apple cuts you off after 2 years. The upgrades are cheap im not complaining about that (30-50 bucks), but to say a " 4 year old mac still runs brand new" the answer is yes it if you want outdated programs and software you can never update.

  22. #57
    vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-08-09
    Posts: 5,794
    Betpoints: 234

    Macs are the best computers available IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

    End of discussion.

    Macs are the BMWs of computers..you are comparing it to toyota corollas. Sure, more value with corolla, but better driving experience with BMW.

  23. #58
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,689
    Betpoints: 1794


    I don't know what you're talking about. I have a Mac from January 2008 [I don't know what OS it is off the top of my head] and Firefox tells me there's a new update every few months, I download it in like 5 seconds and it's updated.

  24. #59
    doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-10
    Posts: 14,096
    Betpoints: 18

    the upgrade to Lion is $30 bucks for the mac. when windows overs a new operating software you are looking at $100-$300 depending on how stripped down of a version you want.

  25. #60
    UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-08
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post

    I don't know what you're talking about. I have a Mac from January 2008 [I don't know what OS it is off the top of my head] and Firefox tells me there's a new update every few months, I download it in like 5 seconds and it's updated.
    Probably 10.5 or higher. Evertime i open itunes it tells me theres a upgrade avail. Put when i try to download it, it will tell me i need to upgrade to 10. Something or hire. Since i use it once every 2-3 months i never bother. I have that macbook at my moms house so i use it when i go over if i need to look at something that i dont want to use my phone for

  26. #61
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,129
    Betpoints: 476

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Everyone who keeps saying buying a mac is overspending... such a ridiculous statement to make. It's like saying why would you buy a car for 10 dimes when you can get a bicycle for only $300. The quality difference is huge.

    Try taking a 4 year old PC and having a bunch of browsers open, your statistical software running to tell you what the right side of a bet is while also downloading porn. Your PC will fukkin blow up!! You should run and dive behind your couch so you don't get an explosion in your face. Listen to your PC revving and burning up when you do this On a Mac it is a piece of cake. And as for PC only having viruses because 'no one uses a mac' (lol at that statement), it doesn't matter what the reason is.

    Anyways look at how many people in this thread and in real life say "Now that I have had a Mac I will NEVER use a PC again". Nobody says the opposite. Who the fukk started with a Mac and moved to a PC and says they'll never go back??

  27. #62
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    Whats the cheapest Mac I can get done with windows bullshit. Is refurb worth it?
    two summers ago i cashed out 2500 and bought a macbook pro with a few high speed upgrades...

    best purchase i ever made... still good as new and fast as hell...I dont do anything on it but internet and email basically... no gaming/video bullshit.. its paid for itself plenty of times by allowing me to get bets in fast... I can be researching with 15 different pages open, and still open up my betting site just as fast as if nothing else were open

    definitely worth it

  28. #63
    TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-19-06
    Posts: 536

    Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Macs are the best computers available IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

    End of discussion.

    Macs are the BMWs of computers..you are comparing it to toyota corollas. Sure, more value with corolla, but better driving experience with BMW.
    Why are they the best computers available? What processor is in a mac? Intel? What is in a PC? Amd or Intel.

    The only reason why people love mac's is because they are designed for idiots. A mac user gets on a pc, goes to porn sites or any backdoor warez sites and infects the PC because most websites are written for x86/64 architecture. Then bitches that PC's suck. Yes. You run a version of Unix - hats off to you. Not many virus or shell scripts are written to infect a Unix operating machine on a user-level.

    I hate apple but i have nothing against the mac. What i do have against the mac are its bone-headed users. Your GUI interface looks like it was made by a 3-year old. Any competent windows user knows either to use Chrome or Firefox and load it up with adblock or noscript. If you're going to complain that you have to do two extra steps a mac does which takes a whopping 2 seconds. Wah, maybe a computer isn't for you.

    Anything a mac can do a windows pc can do. All these claims about browers and stat programs are dumb and have no basis. Maybe you should stop buying compaq and hp(the two worst computer manufacturers known to man) and buy a clue about computers and their hardware.

  29. #64
    Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,362
    Betpoints: 2790

    Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    i owned a mac, hated that fuckin thing. was so happy when i got something new. Apple is just a name that hipsters bought into. And anyone that says macs cant get viruses is a dumb ass because they do.
    99% Of the people who make this statement have no idea what so ever why Mac's don't get as many viruses, but the salesman told them so it has to be true.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

  30. #65
    opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-10
    Posts: 23,441
    Betpoints: 809

    Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    Why are they the best computers available? What processor is in a mac? Intel? What is in a PC? Amd or Intel.
    The only reason why people love mac's is because they are designed for idiots. A mac user gets on a pc, goes to porn sites or any backdoor warez sites and infects the PC because most websites are written for x86/64 architecture. Then bitches that PC's suck. Yes. You run a
    version of Unix - hats off to you. Not many virus or shell scripts are written to infect a Unix operating machine on a user-level.
    I hate apple but i have nothing against the mac. What i do have against the mac are its bone-headed users. Your GUI interface looks like it was made by a
    3-year old. Any competent windows user knows either to use Chrome or Firefox and load it up with adblock or noscript. If you're going to complain that you have to do two extra steps a mac does which takes a whopping 2 seconds. Wah, maybe a computer isn't for you.
    Anything a mac can do a windows pc can do. All these claims about browers and stat programs are dumb and have no basis. Maybe you should stop buying compaq and hp(the two worst computer
    manufacturers known to man) and buy a clue about computers and their hardware.
    Lot of nerds all up in this thread.

    SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011


  31. #66
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,129
    Betpoints: 476

    Bang for your buck pc muc much better
    windows 7 is real smooth
    MAC guys are wanabes, followers types

  32. #67
    vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-08-09
    Posts: 5,794
    Betpoints: 234

    Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post

    Why are they the best computers available? What processor is in a mac? Intel? What is in a PC? Amd or Intel.
    Why are they the best computers available?

    1> Easily the best hardware-software integration of any computer in market
    2> Amazing GUI
    3> Everything is simple
    4> Everything is superfast
    5> Excellent hand gestures which makes navigation way easier
    6> Barely any viruses
    7> Fast boot-up times
    8> shuts down in 2 seconds
    9> top-notch performace after sleeping
    10> Amazing windows management
    11> Has a freaking SHELL for gods sake
    12> Can easily run windows using parrelles
    13> Excellent performace even after several years
    14> Very good keyboard spacing and night lighting
    15> Top notch display in the market with HD quality
    16> Sleek build with uni-body

    Do you want me to go on?

  33. #68
    TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-19-06
    Posts: 536

    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Lot of nerds all up in this thread.
    Well, it is a nerdy topic (:

    See inside your quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Why are they the best computers available?

    1> Easily the best hardware-software integration of any computer in market
    windows is amazing too
    2> Amazing GUI
    Same
    3> Everything is simple
    windows is as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Mouse? Keyboard? Double click to open files...etc.
    4> Everything is superfast
    Everything is super fast on a comparable computer. You can't compare a BMW to a Toyota like in your example. You have to compare apples to apples.
    5> Excellent hand gestures which makes navigation way easier
    Personal preference. Windows can do that, too.
    6> Barely any viruses
    For a novice. Any intermediate user could throw on anti-virus, noscript and adblock and never see a virus. Its been 13 years since i've had one.
    7> Fast boot-up times
    Really? Not that it really matters, but windows 7 boots up pretty fast, as well.
    8> shuts down in 2 seconds
    Really? Windows shuts down as fast
    9> top-notch performace after sleeping
    Same
    10> Amazing windows management
    Same
    11> Has a freaking SHELL for gods sake
    If you don't use it, there is no point. Windows can have Shell packages installed on it.
    12> Can easily run windows using parrelles
    Same
    13> Excellent performace even after several years
    Same
    14> Very good keyboard spacing and night lighting
    15> Top notch display in the market with HD quality
    Same
    16> Sleek build with uni-body
    Same

    Do you want me to go on?
    You havent given any reasons why the mac is better or if you are comparing it to windows 7 or xp. You've only shown a bias as to why you think a mac might better and or things that cater to you personally.

    Windows PC's are more customizable. If you aren't familiar with building your own or buying custom or even dare i say high-end dell or sony's - you really have no basis for any of your claims. Minus the bells and whistles.

    It's fine if you like mac. I love PC and will never go to mac. I have used mac before and they don't impress me. I can throw on Linux on my PC and call it a day if i really wanted to.

    Fact is a Mac is no better than a PC. Regardless of what you read, a friend tells you or experience. PCs are as good if not better than a Mac.
    Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 01-19-12 at 11:45 PM.

  34. #69
    jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-31-09
    Posts: 1,119

    C'mon now. You suggested that only a novice running Windows gets viruses because "any intermediate user could throw on anti-virus, noscript and adblock and never see a virus." You are comparing running OS X out of the box to running Windows with three third-party apps.

    You would have an incredibly hard time making the argument that Windows is not inherently more susceptible to viruses than OS X when running both operating systems directly out of the box, with no third-party software (which is the only fair comparison). Linux on the other hand....

    Apart from the virus argument, these are probably the stupidest debates ever. Is Apple hardware superior to PC hardware? No (although I do like the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad better than any comparable PC product I've seen), and it's undeniable that Macs cost considerably more than a PC with comparable hardware. What do you pay for? Some of it is cosmetic - Apple's industrial designers make extremely attractive products in many people's opinion. There is nothing wrong with this; people pay a premium for great looking cars, even if they can buy a car with comparable performance for less. Secondly, many of us consider the Mac OS to be better designed and more intuitive than Windows. This, again, is an opinion, bit if a superior user experience is worth paying extra to you, go for it. It is worth it to me.

  35. #70
    TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-19-06
    Posts: 536

    Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    C'mon now. You suggested that only a novice running Windows gets viruses because "any intermediate user could throw on anti-virus, noscript and adblock and never see a virus." You are comparing running OS X out of the box to running Windows with three third-party apps.

    You would have an incredibly hard time making the argument that Windows is not inherently more susceptible to viruses than OS X when running both operating systems directly out of the box, with no third-party software (which is the only fair comparison). Linux on the other hand....

    Apart from the virus argument, these are probably the stupidest debates ever. Is Apple hardware superior to PC hardware? No (although I do like the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad better than any comparable PC product I've seen), and it's undeniable that Macs cost considerably more than a PC with comparable hardware. What do you pay for? Some of it is cosmetic - Apple's industrial designers make extremely attractive products in many people's opinion. There is nothing wrong with this; people pay a premium for great looking cars, even if they can buy a car with comparable performance for less. Secondly, many of us consider the Mac OS to be better designed and more intuitive than Windows. This, again, is an opinion, bit if a superior user experience is worth paying extra to you, go for it. It is worth it to me.
    It depends on how you want to argue it. You can make windows nearly as safe, if not as secure as Unix. Out of the box, yes, that is a completely different story, but it doesn't make windows inferior because of this.

    If you go to google.com or follow your normal routine everyday of your life will you ever get a virus on a windows PC? No, not likely.

    Whose at fault? The OS or the user? If the OS says you can do whatever you want using me and then that same user follows that advice on a windows PC and gets completely different results, would that fall under ignorance or a mac is better?

    Just because you wear a kevlar vest doesn't mean you are impervious to death. Common sense would tell you a fire is hot. Ice is cold. and since you can visit any virus ridden site on OSX doesn't logically make any sense as to why you should/want to...just because you can.

    Knowledge goes a long way.

First 12
Top