Originally posted on 10/27/2015:

- Matt Harvey
18 homers allowed this season, in 183 innings that's more than 1 a start, (0.9 per nine, but he doesn't average 9 innings a start) That's a big number when you consider KC in a high contact, swing and does not miss team.

KC is not a swing and miss team, a major reason Mets rolled LA and Chicago is those two teams are extreme swing and miss teams, KC swings and misses 10 percent less that the aforemention teams.

Now, 13-8 and a ERA of 2.71 is sound, most teams would love to have a Harvey in their rotation, however he was the furthest thing from lights out.

Mets infield is shaky, Wright's throws to first can be adventurous, Murphy at 2B is prone to brain farts, Flores is not an elite defensive SS. I've seen Duda play first base about 30 times this season, I have to admit he's better than most give him credit for, if Harvey is not getting the swings and misses he's accustomed to, KC bats are going to keep the Mets defense real busy, I can see an unearned run or two helping the total go over 7.

Now, factor in KC team speed, that can aid the total as well, that team speed can pressure NY into errors as well.

On the other side, Before 7/30 Mets line up was considered a laughing stock, since K Johsnon and Uribe and Cespedes etc additions, the line up is very legit.

Volquez isn't the second coming of Sandy Koufax, he allowed a ton of baserunners this season (1.31 WH/IP confirms this)

He also made each and every start this season, could have a tired arm, his last three were erratic, he got clubbed by Houston and Toronto, was sharp against Toronto in Game 1 v. Blue Jays though.

This game has 8, maybe 9 runs scored written all over it, Volquez will be hit, I'm not expecting Harvey to be lights out and will be challenged as well.

One last item, pitchers don't hit tonight.

Best wagering option in this game tonight is over 7.