Takes faves and overs almost exclusively. Plays tons of parlays. This is his fifth year of gambling and he's down probably close to $10 grand lifetime betting anywhere from $25 to $200 on individual plays and $25 to $50 on parlays (almost daily).

In the last 6-7 months -- basically since college football started -- he's absolutely killing it. He doesn't pay attention to anything. Just goes with big faves, big names and big teams. Had the Celtics ML tonight. He always asks me questions like "why would Boston be +8 at Miami?" In the old days, that would signify a trap in a revenge spot for the Heat. Not anymore. Seems like the books are just giving away free money on plays like this and the public is cashing like there's no tomorrow.

As most of you know, I bet a lot of RLM and against the public quite a bit. I beat the closer a lot. I pay quite a bit of attention to line movement. This used to be a profitable angle; the more educated you could be on the game itself and why lines were where they were, the better off you'd be as guys like my buddy get buried. Has something significantly changed since this past fall to change all of this? Is RLM dead? Or is this just part of the ebbs and flows of gambling?

I'm not claiming to have all the answers -- far from it. I'm no standout gambler or expert, but I was making steady money doing this until recently. I know that in the past, I could make a read on a game from the line alone and do quite well reading between the lines. That just doesn't seem to be the case at all anymore; in fact, quite the opposite. I don't know.