JoJo5473
    JoJo5473's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

Can someone please help me understand US timezones?

I am from outside of the US and I don't know much about the US timezones, I hope someone can help me out.

As I understand there are 4 time zones in the US excluding Alaska and Hawaii

Eastern (EST) Central (CST) Mountain (MST) and Pacific (PST)

with each one of them seperated by one hour.

1. Take the game the Bobcats play the Lakers on 18th December, the game is set to start at 10:30 pm EST, does that mean it starts at 7:30 pm local time (PST) in Los Angeles?

2. The Jazz plays against the Pacers in Indiana on 19th, December, and the game is set to start at 7:00 EST, does that make it 6:00 pm local time in Indiana?

3. I can figure out that Portand, Golden State, Sacramento, Phoenix and Los Angeles fall in the PST timezone, whereas Denver, Utah probably are in the MST timezone, but what seperates CST from EST? Is Detroit in CST? What about Indiana and Cleveland?

I am a bit confused about this and I would be great if some one help me out here.

It'sSoEasy
    It'sSoEasy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

1. Yes
    2. Indiana is on Eastern time except some far NW and SW counties that are Central time.
    3. Michigan and Ohio are on Eastern.

Other states have multiple time zones. Have you googled US time zone maps? Just print one out and keep it in your wallet.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

And then there are the states that don't adjust for DST. Arizona is one of them.