Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Saturday racing picks

Big day at the Fair Grounds today, but nothing much I'm seeing at Gulfstream. Making a few plays.

Aqueduct Race 7

No. 9 Children's Annex/w No. 4 Wally World

Children's Annex makes his 2nd start against winners after finishing 3rd last out, and missing the place by a neck, at 16-1after breaking his maiden at 7-2 in the start before that. Should get a good pace to run at.

Fair Grounds Race 9: (3-year-old stakes race).

No. 10 Zanjero/w No. 5 Circular Quay
    Zanjaro has been improving each start and makes first start since a 2nd place finish behind possible Derby favorite Nobizlikeshowbiz. Deep closer might be around 4 or 5-1 and should get fast pace and long stretch at FG could help. Circular Quay is likely favorite off 2nd place finish in BC Juvenile. Also a deep closer and that's tough to take to win at 7-5.

Santa Anita Race 7:

No. 3 Seafree/w No. 1 Sugar Shake

Seafree makes first start since October but has run well fresh before and might be able to sit the trip just off the pace here. Main concern is trainer change from Frankel to Sadler. Why? Frankel enters Sugar Shake in here but not sold on her against these but should be in the mix. Don't like midwest shipper Ermine at all in this spot.

Santa Anita Race 9:

No. 7 Romance is Diane/w No. 5 Cash Included

Romance is Diane has won 3 straight and has been big odds in all 3 career wins and might be a generous price again in this wide-open race. Cash Included is likely favorite, but wasn't that impressed with her in BC fillies when I bet and lost on her when she ran 5th against what I thought was a weak field.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Another frustrating day the races produces small loss. So close, yet...

First bet at Aqueduct sees the 9 horse go off 14-1. Has dead aim at the pacesetter in the stretch but hangs and loses by a neck.

No exacta leaves a bad taste despite $11.80 to place and $6.10 to show. Decent profit to start the day.

At the FG, Zanjero makes a 5-wide sweep to lead in deep stretch at 6-1, with favorite Circular Quay eliminated on the turn due to a fallen horse. Calif. shipper then splits horses and goes to the lead at the 8th pole, and then I get nipped by a neck for the place to finish third and cash show tickets only at $4. Still ahead heading to SA, but not for long.

Bad ending at SA, with both win picks off the board. Second pick Sugar Shake goes wire to wire at 3-1 but had nothing with him except exactas.

Zanjero was a big momentum killer at FG. Deep closer looked home free at 6-1. Not sure what to make of his late collapse. First start in 4 months could mean a better effort next out, likely in the La. Derby, or he just might not be good enough. Will likely play back just in case as his odds should be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Aqueduct Race 7

No. 9 Children's Annex/w No. 4 Wally World

Children's Annex makes his 2nd start against winners after finishing 3rd last out, and missing the place by a neck, at 16-1after breaking his maiden at 7-2 in the start before that. Should get a good pace to run at.

Fair Grounds Race 9: (3-year-old stakes race).

No. 10 Zanjero/w No. 5 Circular Quay
    Zanjaro has been improving each start and makes first start since a 2nd place finish behind possible Derby favorite Nobizlikeshowbiz. Deep closer might be around 4 or 5-1 and should get fast pace and long stretch at FG could help. Circular Quay is likely favorite off 2nd place finish in BC Juvenile. Also a deep closer and that's tough to take to win at 7-5.

Santa Anita Race 7:

No. 3 Seafree/w No. 1 Sugar Shake

Seafree makes first start since October but has run well fresh before and might be able to sit the trip just off the pace here. Main concern is trainer change from Frankel to Sadler. Why? Frankel enters Sugar Shake in here but not sold on her against these but should be in the mix. Don't like midwest shipper Ermine at all in this spot.

Santa Anita Race 9:

No. 7 Romance is Diane/w No. 5 Cash Included

Romance is Diane has won 3 straight and has been big odds in all 3 career wins and might be a generous price again in this wide-open race. Cash Included is likely favorite, but wasn't that impressed with her in BC fillies when I bet and lost on her when she ran 5th against what I thought was a weak field.