JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I was just trying to inject a little humor ( failed miserably) into a thread with ridiculous accusations against you. I did get to see my trainer administer a barn test once.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    I was just trying to inject a little humor ( failed miserably) into a thread with ridiculous accusations against you. I did get to see my trainer administer a barn test once.
    I know you were Jake. You did not fail. It's my own fault.
    Last edited by str; 07-10-11 at 04:03 PM.

JakeLc

You could give out 10 double- digit priced winners in a row and someone would start some BS. It's part of life on the internet.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    You could give out 10 double- digit priced winners in a row and someone would start some BS. It's part of life on the internet.
    Your right.

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

Quote Originally Posted by sdtrader View Post
    If you look for overlays compared to the morning moneyline is this a good strategy? For example, betting on a horse that is a 3-1 moneyline opening and closes at a 6-1.
    Thank you str for bringing some good discussion to this forum.

The question above can be a much larger discussion but let me give you something to think about. In any type of wagering, you want to wager on overlays or in other words, events that happen more frequenly than the odds indicate. Wagering on horses for me has always been about what is the other guy wagering on and why. You will need to do your own research but I would suggest to you that the majority of people would agree with your idea but that is exactly the reason why you should look at the opposite scenario, a 6-1 morning line going off at 3-1.

Joe.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by u21c3f6 View Post
    Thank you str for bringing some good discussion to this forum. The question above can be a much larger discussion but let me give you something to think about. In any type of wagering, you want to wager on overlays or in other words, events that happen more frequenly than the odds indicate. Wagering on horses for me has always been about what is the other guy wagering on and why. You will need to do your own research but I would suggest to you that the majority of people would agree with your idea but that is exactly the reason why you should look at the opposite scenario, a 6-1 morning line going off at 3-1. Joe.
    Agree with you in general, but there are no hard rules or systems in horse racing. The money line is one man's opinion- a well informed man, but still somebody who makes mistakes all of the time. Watching the action is definately a part of the game after you set your own line. Where is the money going, and why is it going there? A lot of experiended handicappers would tell you that a short priced horse on the money line that opens "dead on the board" is a terrible bet when it opens well above the money line. That often signals that nobody from the barn is betting it early.

JakeLc

There are significant differences in the ability and quality of the people who set the morning line

First 12