fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Looks like I have the same playoff bound teams as last year, lol. I don't see too many changes this year. A couple teams moving up or down, but the same 16 in the end.

West:

Sharks
    Canucks
    Red Wings
    Blackhawks
    Avalanche
    Kings
    Coyotes
    Predators
    -----------
    Blues
    Flames
    Ducks
    Stars
    Blue Jackets
    Wild
    Oilers

East:

Capitals
    Penguins
    Bruins
    Devils
    Canadiens
    Flyers
    Sabres
    Senators
    ------------
    Lightning
    Maple Leafs
    Rangers
    Hurricanes
    Thrashers
    Islanders
    Panthers

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    Hey guys, I'm bored. This should be fun though, getting a few opinions on the NHL standings for the upcoming season!

I'll start with my point of view on the EC.

Eastern Conference

1. Pittsburgh Penguins - elite offensive forwards, improved top-4 on D
    2. Washington Capitals - steadier goaltending, same offensive punch
    3. Boston Bruins - improved up front w/ Horton and possibly Seguin + Rask full-time
    4. New Jersey Devils - how will new acquisitions fit in? still very strong on paper...
    5. Montreal Canadiens - speedy team with nice depth
    7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Stevie Y built a strong core + Guy Boucher is a brilliant coach
    7. Philadelphia Flyers - not a believer in Leighton - also hate Zherdev as a replacement for Gagne
    8. Ottawa Senators - playoff team despite the suspect goaltending
    ---
    9. Carolina Hurricanes - some quality young players on this Canes roster
    10. Buffalo Sabres - you can't lose key players every offseason without replacing them and still expect to remain a top-8 team
    11. Atlanta Thrashers - improved roster, still not convinced that the addition of Byfuglien, Ladd and Sopel makes them that much better.. key year for Pavelec who's still very much unproven
    12. Toronto Maple Leafs - don't expect a large improvement from last year's roster
    13. New York Rangers - besides Gaborik & Frolov, there's not much to like up front + D is questionable
    14. New York Islanders - young unproven offence, one of the worst D cores in the league, and suspect goaltending
    15. Florida Panthers - Dave Tallon is re-building this team from scratch, having already cleaned up the house...
    Your way off, way off with the East...Expect this

1-Capitals(offense way to lethal)
    2-Flyers (carter with a bounce back +50 goal season with zherdev possibly taking his spot come the 2011-2012 season)
    3-Lightning (expect a lot from this team this year, gagne to show he can still put up points)
    4-Devils (kovalchuk, with brodeur knowing this could be his last chance at a cup before retirement)
    5-Penguins (fleury needs to prove he can have a bounce back season before the pens gets in a top 3)
    6-Bruins (after the 0-3 meltdown, dont expect these guys to do much this year)
    7-Thrashers (underdog of the east)
    8-Rangers (not much to say expect, Lundqvist)

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    Western Conference

1. Detroit Red Wings - this is one scary line-up... probably the best top-9 at F in the NHL
    2. Vancouver Canucks - depth at all positions, probably the best D core in the WC
    3. San Jose Sharks - if Niittymaki can get it done, it's going to be another stellar regular reason for Todd McLellan's squad
    4. Chicago Blackhawks - the key players are still there... however Ladd, Niemi, Versteeg, Byfuglien and Sopel will all be missed. can Turco deliver?
    5. Los Angeles Kings - the constant improvement continues, with Jonathan Bernier now ready to compete with Jon Quick for #1 duties in goal
    6. Colorado Avalanche - add another year of experience for Stasny, Duchene, Stewart, Galiardi, O'Reilly et al... great results are to be expected
    7. St. Louis Blues - Davis Payne will lead this young talented team to a playoff berth... also do not underestimate what Jaro Halak can do in terms of giving his team a boost of confidence
    8. Nashville Predators - lack of punch on offence, but a well-coached team with a young, mobile defence and a solid starter in nets in Pekka Rinne
    ---
    9. Phoenix Coyotes - I don't necessarily expect Tippett's Yotes to fall back to mediocrity, but the parity amongst NHL teams will do that at some point...
    10. Calgary Flames - does Darryl Sutter really expect Flames fans to believe that Tanguay and Jokinen will be major contributors in a Flames' return to the playoffs?
    11. Minnesota Wild - solid team all-around, but lacks top-end talent up front and on D
    12. Anaheim Ducks - the quality of the top-6 is undeniable... can't say the same thing about Anaheim's defence and its depth in the bottom-6
    13. Dallas Stars - is Kari Lehtonen really an iupgrade over Turco? time will tell, but I don't see this year's edition of the Dallas Stars as an improved squad. defence still brings up a huge question mark...
    14. Edmonton Oilers - youth infusion can only do so much for your team in their rookie season
    15. Columbus Blue Jackets - this is one mediocre defensive squad... also a terrible lack of depth once you get past Nash, Vermette, Brassard and Voracek... one or many of these guys will have to step up and deliver big-time if they want to get out of the basement.
    Still a little off...expect this

1-Sharks (lethal offense, plus Niemi, watch out for these guys come playoff time)
    2-Canucks (defense, luongo)
    3-Avalanche (young guys ready to roll this season, more experience)
    4-Red Wings (im still saying they will not be what they were a few years back, but still competitive)
    5-Flames (gut feeling)
    6-Blackhawks (loss of too many key guys, TURCO OVER NIEMI! BAHAH)
    7-Coyotes (underdog gut feeling)
    8-Predators(needed a team to fill this spot, the rest are as trashy as this team)

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Man13 View Post
    Your way off, way off with the East...Expect this

1-Capitals(offense way to lethal)
    2-Flyers (carter with a bounce back +50 goal season with zherdev possibly taking his spot come the 2011-2012 season)
    3-Lightning (expect a lot from this team this year, gagne to show he can still put up points)
    4-Devils (kovalchuk, with brodeur knowing this could be his last chance at a cup before retirement)
    5-Penguins (fleury needs to prove he can have a bounce back season before the pens gets in a top 3)
    6-Bruins (after the 0-3 meltdown, dont expect these guys to do much this year)
    7-Thrashers (underdog of the east)
    8-Rangers (not much to say expect, Lundqvist)
    I think you are actually the one who's way out in the left field here, on at least 2-3 picks.

Having TB at top of the SE Division is very gutsy since their defence is still somewhat shaky (Ohlund-Kubina-Hedman top-3? Suspect to say the least). Also, keep in mind Dan Ellis is far from an established #1 goalkeeper. They do have an impressive top-6, a shitload of goal-scoring is to be expected, but the #3 spot equals 48 to 50 wins, and I don't think you're seeing that from the Lightning, not this year.

Expectations for Zherdev are too high. There's a reason why a guy with so much talent was kicked out of Columbus, then failed to find a taker after one season in NY. But yeah, I'm a Zherdev hater. I can see where you're coming from on this though, seeing how you said you were a Philly fan in another thread.

M-A Fleury can be just above-average this season and the Pens will still be strong IMO. Defence is now a strength with Martin, Letang, Orpik, Michalek and Goligoski. Offence has two elite forwards, 'nuff said.

Your hatred for the Bruins is showing. At least you have them in the playoffs. Your omission of the Canadiens as a playoff team is just laughable IMO. Their conference final appareance should warrant them more respect as a solid, well-coached team. Even moreso when I see Atlanta, a huge question mark, holding the 7th spot on your list...

Last but not least, the not much to say, except Lundqvist argument for the NYR doesn't cut it for me. Hank is very good, but can only do so much to bring this mediocre roster to a playoff berth. This is a team that will once again have a tough time scoring. If Marian Gaborik suffers some sort of long-term injury - which wouldn't come as a surprise to anyone - the Rags will find themselves in a tough, tough spot offensively.
    Last edited by ochenta y cinco; 09-11-10 at 03:02 AM. Reason: typoooo

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still a little off...expect this
    [...]
    5-Flames (gut feeling)
    [...]
    7-Coyotes (underdog gut feeling)
    8-Predators(needed a team to fill this spot, the rest are as trashy as this team)

I know that I'm a little off man, now I get it. Just too damn hard to argue against those gut feelings of yours...

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

I was not trying to be an arrogant dick with how i said you were way off. I just see what you posted and it is what every posts every single season and its never like that.

This year is going to be a circus ride in the NHL. And I cannot wait, Im so sick of baseball and starting to get sick of football and it has only been one game! lol

But do not get me wrong just because I am a Flyers fan does not mean I put them at the 2 spot because they are my team, after what they did in the playoffs after having such a shitty season, proved to me they are the real deal. If they never did what they did in the playoffs then yeh, they would be in the 10th spot with me...lol

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baxter, if the Hawks finish 6th or worse in the West I'll send you a lifetime supply of Philly Cheesesteaks.

trade88

JumpOffJoeBreezy also has the Hawks finishing 6th in the West? You guys care to bet on that?

Leafs D is Top 5??? LOLOLOLOLOL. How's that Burke kool-aid taste?

This era of the Leafs will make you yearn for the Harold Ballard golden years.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    JumpOffJoeBreezy also has the Hawks finishing 6th in the West? You guys care to bet on that? Leafs D is Top 5??? LOLOLOLOLOL. How's that Burke kool-aid taste? This era of the Leafs will make you yearn for the Harold Ballard golden years.
    yes i do, actually

trade88

gimme a line.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

gimme a line.
    Hawks finish 5th spot or higher in the west -150
    Hawks finish 6th spot or lower in the west +130

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

JumpOffJoeBreezy also has the Hawks finishing 6th in the West? You guys care to bet on that?

Leafs D is Top 5??? LOLOLOLOLOL. How's that Burke kool-aid taste?

This era of the Leafs will make you yearn for the Harold Ballard golden years.
    I agree the Hawks will finish above 6th, but what is so LOLOLOLOLOL about the Leafs D being top 5?

In no particular order I've got:

Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Toronto
    Vancouver
    Calgary

trade88

leafs D 3rd in the league? Based on what? 2006 Phaneuf? 2008 Komisarek? 2008 Beauchemin (when he had Nieds and Pronger make him look good).
    They all stunk last year.

trade88

Hawks finish 5th spot or higher in the west -150
    Hawks finish 6th spot or lower in the west +130

if you're serious, i'll put up 15 grand.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Never bet with a forum poster, thats a fact

This is why SBR differs from other forums and ppl like yourself, they have points to bet with.

Bet points on this one and I am in..

15K Sounds like a discouraged Hawks fan saying 15K

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dpnt see the devils that high. They didnt respond well when Kovalchuk joined them, I dont see why that should change.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

15K Never bet with a forum poster, thats a fact This is why SBR differs from other forums and ppl like yourself, they have points to bet with. Bet points on this one and I am in.. 15K Sounds like a discouraged Hawks fan saying 15K
    LOL monopoly money doesn't count sir. We have enough monopoly bettors around these regions no more please.

trade88

monopoly money? kid, tuition at my old high school is 30k+ a year (not including books or dining hall-friar tuck-style feasting charges). that's a high school, not university. I know 15k in Prince George could probably buy a 5-bedroom house but it's not that big of a deal.
    if this clown wants to talk shit about my beloved hawks then he can put up a decent amount of coin or keep busy with his shine box and stfu.
    surely we can find a sponsor here to handle the money.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

monopoly money? kid, tuition at my old high school is 30k+ a year (not including books or dining hall-friar tuck-style feasting charges). that's a high school, not university. I know 15k in Prince George could probably buy a 5-bedroom house but it's not that big of a deal. if this clown wants to talk shit about my beloved hawks then he can put up a decent amount of coin or keep busy with his shine box and stfu. surely we can find a sponsor here to handle the money.
    HAHA knew it a beloved hawks fan HAHA

enjoy the cup cause your team wont see it for another 35+ years hahahahahahaha

oh my wow, Have fun with TURCO HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. Niemi and the Sharks are going to shut down those beloved hawks of yours all season long dude. TRUST ME, MARK MY WORDS

Mine as well get used to Kanes mullet and that over rated Toews cause thats all your going to have to look forward to for the next 10 years or so

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Seriously the NHL is a fucken basket case...WHo gives the MVP to Toews? He didn't do crap all series long..Briere had the most points in the pkayoffs and it went to Toews

even when Towes was handed the trophy look at his face expression, he was as clueless as I was and the rest of the hockey fans out there. Bettman you stupid fukken idiot, wow..

Hawks above top 6, BAHAHAH

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    LOL monopoly money doesn't count sir. We have enough monopoly bettors around these regions no more please.

His parents money does not count either. This kid just fukked with the wrong hockey fan..wow. trade88 (more like should trade #88 he stole that # from a player who used to fight and hit, Kane dont deserve that # what so ever) Lindros by the way is who he stole it from, incase you were too wrapped up in the Hawks stanley cup win after 35+ years

DennisGreen
    Update your status

monopoly money? kid, tuition at my old high school is 30k+ a year (not including books or dining hall-friar tuck-style feasting charges). that's a high school, not university. I know 15k in Prince George could probably buy a 5-bedroom house but it's not that big of a deal. if this clown wants to talk shit about my beloved hawks then he can put up a decent amount of coin or keep busy with his shine box and stfu. surely we can find a sponsor here to handle the money.
    LOL you must be a giant nerd if your parents paid 30k+ a year for you to go to high-school. This may explain the Napoleon complex you have as you weren't properly adjusted to "normal kids." 15k gets you a rundown trailer with a small plot of land in PG if you're lucky. Even though the foresty industry is still hurting prices are still pretty high here to get a 5 bedroom house. Cheaper to get one in Vegas actually I have a good prop bet for you ($100,000 minimum of course )

How many shirtless photos (revealing his girly chest) of Patrick Kane will surface on the internet / How many cab drivers will he punch out in the 2010-2011 season?

Over 1.5 (-150) Under 1.5 (+130)
    Over 2.5 (-105) Under 2.5 (+100)
    Over 3.5 (+120) Under 3.5 (-115)
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 09-17-10 at 01:18 PM.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

LOL you must be a giant nerd if your parents paid 30k+ a year for you to go to high-school. This may explain the Napoleon complex you have as you weren't properly adjusted to "normal kids." 15k gets you a rundown trailer with a small plot of land in PG if you're lucky. Even though the foresty industry is still hurting prices are still pretty high here to get a 5 bedroom house. Cheaper to get one in Vegas actually I have a good prop bet for you ($100,000 minimum of course ) How many shirtless photos (revealing his girly chest) of Patrick Kane will surface on the internet / How many cab drivers will he punch out in the 2010-2011 season? Over 1.5 (-150) Under 1.5 (+130) Over 2.5 (-105) Under 2.5 (+100) Over 3.5 (+120) Under 3.5 (-115)
    hahaha I just found probably one of the funniest guys in the hockey section

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Full time capper / part time comedian, that is me

trade88

Seriously the NHL is a fucken basket case...WHo gives the MVP to Toews? He didn't do crap all series long..Briere had the most points in the pkayoffs and it went to Toews

even when Towes was handed the trophy look at his face expression, he was as clueless as I was and the rest of the hockey fans out there. Bettman you stupid fukken idiot, wow..

Hawks above top 6, BAHAHAH

WTF are you even doing in a hockey forum? You think that playing a couple of hundred hours EA Sports hockey with your pants around your ankles makes you an expert?

Bettman doesn't decide who wins the Conn Smythe, he just presents it. Toews and Richards were by far the frontrunners to win it going into the finals, although Pronger probably would have won it had the Flyers won the Cup. Briere wasn't in the conversation.

Toews is so overrrated that the Canadian coaching staff at the Olympics all said he was their best forward. Being the chump that you are, you might miss a lot of the subtle things he does very well.

As for Kane, my username here is a knock on him. The kid is a punk (are you related?). If they could have traded him this summer (possibly to get Hall or Seguin) that would have solved a lot of their Cap problems. They can't though because they have way too much invested in marketing with him. If you want to talk overrated, talk Kane. He's a turnover machine in the neutal zone, which is the last thing you need in the playoffs in tight games. He might mature and learn how to effin play after watching game film this summer but he's probably too busy partying like a dipshit with his Buffalo dipshit posse.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

LOL I have a whole new respect for you sir after explaining the meaning behind your name and what u think of Kane

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

WTF are you even doing in a hockey forum? You think that playing a couple of hundred hours EA Sports hockey with your pants around your ankles makes you an expert? Bettman doesn't decide who wins the Conn Smythe, he just presents it. Toews and Richards were by far the frontrunners to win it going into the finals, although Pronger probably would have won it had the Flyers won the Cup. Briere wasn't in the conversation. Toews is so overrrated that the Canadian coaching staff at the Olympics all said he was their best forward. Being the chump that you are, you might miss a lot of the subtle things he does very well. As for Kane, my username here is a knock on him. The kid is a punk (are you related?). If they could have traded him this summer (possibly to get Hall or Seguin) that would have solved a lot of their Cap problems. They can't though because they have way too much invested in marketing with him. If you want to talk overrated, talk Kane. He's a turnover machine in the neutal zone, which is the last thing you need in the playoffs in tight games. He might mature and learn how to effin play after watching game film this summer but he's probably too busy partying like a dipshit with his Buffalo dipshit posse.
    hhahahaahaha omg hahahaha

I have been a fan longer then you could even imagine, You will see the respect around here after a few winning nhl picks...wow

and richards for mvp? no..it goes to the guy with the most points which is BRIERE...dumb son of a biotch..wow...just leave this forum plz...i may be drunk but not enough to LOL at you

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

WTF are you even doing in a hockey forum? You think that playing a couple of hundred hours EA Sports hockey with your pants around your ankles makes you an expert?

Bettman doesn't decide who wins the Conn Smythe, he just presents it. Toews and Richards were by far the frontrunners to win it going into the finals, although Pronger probably would have won it had the Flyers won the Cup. Briere wasn't in the conversation.

Toews is so overrrated that the Canadian coaching staff at the Olympics all said he was their best forward. Being the chump that you are, you might miss a lot of the subtle things he does very well.

As for Kane, my username here is a knock on him. The kid is a punk (are you related?). If they could have traded him this summer (possibly to get Hall or Seguin) that would have solved a lot of their Cap problems. They can't though because they have way too much invested in marketing with him. If you want to talk overrated, talk Kane. He's a turnover machine in the neutal zone, which is the last thing you need in the playoffs in tight games. He might mature and learn how to effin play after watching game film this summer but he's probably too busy partying like a dipshit with his Buffalo dipshit posse.

hahahah NO CROSBY was the front man!!! Babcock used him in the shoot out twice, he recycled him! He was the front man!! wow you stupid son of a biotch wow

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

LOL I have a whole new respect for you sir after explaining the meaning behind your name and what u think of Kane

trade88

Come to think of it, you're right. Semin should have won the Conn Smythe... and Green the Norris.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF

Come to think of it, you're right. Semin should have won the Conn Smythe... and Green the Norris.
    and you speak like a 12 year old kid once again...im done with you, gl with your "beloved" hawks, with out niemi and now having over rated Turco. And no Big Buff or Eager to protect baby Toews and Kane . Top 6th BAHAHA

First 12