darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Good point
    Urena throws hard. It seems like he has a lot of rough patches. Lately, he's been pretty good. Worth a spot start here and there.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Listen to this stat - SF Giants games have went Under 17 times out of the last 20 games (one was a push on 7).

This includes last night's 4-2 road win at San Diego.

Padres favorite line tonight gonna close around -155 with Lucchesi pitching. Total offered at 7 with a depleted Giants lineup taking the field. I still don't think can stomach trying to bet it.

darrell74

On it

darrell74

Didn't put a lot on it.
    just a bankroll builder, or I'm gonna lose a little. Either way I got action on a meaningless ballgame to make my Taco Tuesday night more entertaining

hotcross

season picks couldn't have been any worse for me this year. I usually slow way down in the playoffs but this year I'm done. Like Cleveland to win it all at this point. Don't think the Yankees are gonna go anywhere. But I guess it's all about who gets hot now.

darrell74

Love Daniel Palka as a spot play outfielder, tonight.
    Hit a home run off of Kluber last week, gets to see him tonight. He loves hitting the Indians.
    Only 16% owned.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    season picks couldn't have been any worse for me this year. I usually slow way down in the playoffs but this year I'm done. Like Cleveland to win it all at this point. Don't think the Yankees are gonna go anywhere. But I guess it's all about who gets hot now.
    Cleveland certainly has the lineup to do it but their pitching needs to step up in the playoffs. I feel like its always been their pitching thats kept them from winning the World Series which is weird because I think during the regular season their pitching is fine and they win a lot of games because they have great pitching during the season.When it comes to the playoffs their pitching lets them down typically it seems. We'll see what happens this year I'll probably root for Cleveland because the Indians have come close so many times and not gotten it done.

darrell74

Kohl Stewart in a spot play for the Twins. Less than 1% owned

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

My fantasy baseball season is over. I won my big money h2h league and lost in the semi-finals in my free yahoo h2h league which is very competitive since I've played with these guys for over 12 years in baseball, basketball, and football. My roto team this year is probably going to wind up finishing 8th out of 10 mostly because I went hitting over pitching in that draft and it didn't work out as Judge and Trout spent a lot of time on the DL. My pitching wasn't very good so I think next year if I play roto I'm going to lean towards drafting pitching earlier which is how I won my big money h2h league.

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    My fantasy baseball season is over. I won my big money h2h league and lost in the semi-finals in my free yahoo h2h league which is very competitive since I've played with these guys for over 12 years in baseball, basketball, and football. My roto team this year is probably going to wind up finishing 8th out of 10 mostly because I went hitting over pitching in that draft and it didn't work out as Judge and Trout spent a lot of time on the DL. My pitching wasn't very good so I think next year if I play roto I'm going to lean towards drafting pitching earlier which is how I won my big money h2h league.
    Sorry to hear about the Roto.
    But, I do have to say, you need hitting, and you need to draft a good foundation, of everyday hitting. I say this because I believe you can find a spot start on the pitching end of it a lot easier than trying to grab a second baseman or outfielder on a daily basis. Just my opinion.

darrell74

Hard to find spot plays.
    hard to find guys that care enough to play well.
    Antonio Senzatela, Colorado starting pitcher in a spot start. Rockies crushed the Phil's yesterday and should do it again and get Antonio a win with a few strikeouts.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah its true that building your team around everyday players is a good idea in roto and thats what I tried to do by taking Trout and Judge with my first two picks. That actually was a solid strategy until those guys got hurt. I fell off a cliff when that happened and it is what it is. When I look back at my team though I think I overvalued closers getting Jansen and Kimbrel instead of taking a bonafide ace pitcher before those guys which left me with Jon Lester as my best starting pitcher. I think with pitching you can wait as long as you get guys who strike out a lot of hitters and won't kill your whip and ERA. I also try to target those hitters who are going to hit for power and drive in a lot of runs. My offense in this league was great and that had me near the top of the standings early so you're probably right that is the strategy to follow next year.

darrell74

^
    Round 1, get the mvp player
    Round 2 get everyday player that never gets injured or a C Y Young who will be top 3 in strikeouts (Sherzer, Verlander, Sale, Kershaw )
    Round 3 infielder where their aren't so many of. Good spot for a shortstop here, usually .

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Hard to find spot plays.
    hard to find guys that care enough to play well.
    Antonio Senzatela, Colorado starting pitcher in a spot start. Rockies crushed the Phil's yesterday and should do it again and get Antonio a win with a few strikeouts.
    Missed the win.
    Betting Colorado was a sure thing.

darrell74

I'll miss this season.
    I will probably do another thread like this next year.
    It certainly helped me with my wagering.

Hotcross also helped out by contributing to this thread. He had some good contributions

darrell74

If you burn up all your starts and you need a mid reliever to get you a win, Corbin Bunes has sneaked in 4 wins in relief for the Brewers in the last month. Not a lot of k's, but good era/WHIP.

hotcross

still checking in here... does your League continue after the regular season?? I don't think so, right?

definitely let's do another MLB thread next year - even if it's mostly just the 2 of us talking

darrell74

^

darrell74

Finished second in my league which nets me a little bit of money.

Reasons I would have to say that i did not 5ake first was i couldn't get stolen bases. Couldn't grab free agents who could steal. Not a lot avaiable.a
    Hard to trade. Need to do better trading in April and May. After May, nobody likes trading.

hotcross

congrats on 2nd place, a good showing

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    congrats on 2nd place, a good showing
    Thanks

darrell74

Watching this Oakland/Yankees wildcard game and with the exception to Khris Davis, I feel like I'm thanking each batter as they come up as I streamed almost all of them at one point in the season.

hotcross

Astros swept Cleveland, looking especially dominant in doing so

It's difficult for teams to repeat as Champions (other than NBA and Alabama in College Football), but Astros seem primed to repeat

hotcross

well we are down to the final 4

Does this look like a rematch of last year for the World Series, Astros vs Dodgers?

Been hearing a lot about Milwaukee being the sexy team to represent the NL. Not sure, to me Dodgers look tougher this year. These teams have split their last 10 meetings 5-5 W/L going back to August 2017.

First ... 9101112