WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Alabama's All-American safety Mark Barron was arrested in Mobile on Sunday for charges of hindering prosecution (lying to police) as his teammates open spring practice today.

If he hadn't been injured, he would have applied for the NFL Draft. He planned to come back and play this season. Let's see how Saban handles this one.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

WH -

You know Barron will be on the field opening day. The trick for Saban is getting down to the 85 number. The trick for us is to not commit any more armed robbery.

WorkHorse

Yeah, ValAub...Barron will play when the season starts, little doubt about that.

"The trick for us is not to commit any more armed robbery."

That's funny my friend.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

I found it interesting that Auburn's fans were seen as the 3rd crazed in the Nation by the Daily Beast (behind Nebraska and Oklahoma).

Actually, I think I'm the only sane person who went there.

WH: nice to see you back.

WorkHorse

Wreck, some of our old gang are beginning to like you my friend.

Bloomquist wanted me to ask you how old you are....we know you ain't a kid.

I told him it was none of our old asses business....every poster here has their own personality and we profile everyone that we are interested in. Others...we don't give a rats ass.

(Kind of like Moderators...good one's you trust..then power asses you .....you know)

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Thanks WH, I won't talk actual age, but I was the numbers guy for a tout in the late 80s (85-89). Quit that job in 1990 to go to Europe, but back in SoCal in 1999. Stayed away from touting (it can be pretty sleazy) and ran my models for myself on and off since then.

WorkHorse

Back in February, Bigdaddy gave us an early look at the SEC West. Now that spring practice is over and everyone has a better feel for the teams....the ole guy was spot on. If you go back to the beginning of the tread and read his summaries, I think you will agree. Some may argue about the position of Mississippi State and Arkansas, but as an early February take...pretty damn strong.

The SEC West will be a slobber knocker week in and week out. These teams will beat the hell out of each other and I can't wait watching these games.

I believe Alabama will win the West but LSU, Arkansas and Mississippi State will have a big say in that prediction. This fight is going to be fun to watch.

WorkHorse

Men, I've got to know Bigdaddy over the years and I'm here to tell you he knows and loves college football as much or more than I do. Bigdaddy use to be the one who always got in trouble and now it seems to be me. Hell, we all mellow and I'm trying to join my friend. Bigdaddy well knows Tuesday and Saturday nights are not good for Workhorse. Card games and many cold ones.....and sometime some stupid comments get me in trouble. We have good people here at the college forum with BD, Wreck, Ut and my bama friends and many more. Let's just have fun and make this the best college football site on the net. Some real good Mods here so let's have a hell of a forum.

WorkHorse

Bigdaddy, what do you think of all the interest in Arizona's uniforms? Don't even answer.

I play the stock market every day....I know the pumpers and bashers...some Mods doing some pumping on this one. If not mods....someone has a hard dick.

Goddamn shame.........let the forum be about college football........win with the good guys.

WorkHorse

I'm just off post review...damn..hope this doesn't put me back in the doghouse. I'm for the college football forum...you ain't, then **** you and go somewhere else. Great forum with good people and its going to get better as we all look forward to the season.

I love loyal football guys, young, middle aged or OLD.....join in and you will enjoy this place.

Bigdaddy, hell my friend......its about college football as always.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Spot on Workhorse. College Football is a full time job for me and my crew. Call it a labor of love. After the spring practices, we see no change in our orugianl preductions. Here is an update:

1. Alabama. Nothihng has changed. QB McCarron did not look overwhelming in the spring. Sabam is still going to have to find some offense, especially in the passsing game. His defense is still tough as nails.

2. LSU. While it is rather hard to believe, things actually got worse for LSU in the spring, as far as their QB situation is concerned. No one was impressive. It boiled down to the lesser of 4 evils. Like Alabama, they have a solid defense. Unlike Alabama, they have a head coach who seems to be lost offensively.

3. Mississippi State. This team just quitely went along with their business in the spring. QB Relf looked solid. While State may not have the overall talent level that other teams have, they are a cohesive unit, and the only SEC West team to come out in better shape after the Spring practices than before.

4. Arkansas. Their QB situation is not as settled as Petrino would like it to be, and they lost back up RB Borderick
    Green for the season. The defense still needs a lot of work. They will compete against Miss. State for the 3rd spot and can go 10-2 this season, but those two away games at alabama and LSU really hurt any chances of them winning the SEC West.

5. Auburn. Controversy reigned supreme on campus this spring. Four players were arrested. The NCAA continues it's numerous investigations. The entire situation is very unsettling on campus. On top of all of that, nothing spectacular came out of spring practice. The only bright spot was the overall team speed on defense, especially along the line. It is going to be a very tough season for Auburn.

6. Mississippi. QB Randal Mackey looked pretty good in the spring, but once again, there were no major breaktrroughs for a team in desperate need of one. Even the Red-Blue game ended in a 17-17 tie. The defense did not look bad, considering it is a rebuilt crew. They will have to take a major step up if Ole Miss is to challenge in the SEC West.

So in a nutshell, if anything the SEC West actually looked a bit weaker in the Spring than we anticipated. Alabama and LSU have no offense, especially in the passsing game. Arkansas has no defense. Auburn has no peace of mind or many returning players. Mississippi is in need of all kinds of help. Oh yea, then there is Mississippi State, just sitting there, minding their own business, getting ready to pounce. Interesting.

WorkHorse

I played my first round of golf this year with some friends Tigers old coach who help Rush Limbaugh on the TV show wouldn't stand a chance with us. Fun but horrible. Not sure those two go together.

Silver, Bloomquist and I just read through this thread. Damn, some good stuff for new guys now joining.

Bump the good stuff and this is a good read for college guys.................................... .

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I will have my final predictions in August. These will be based on what I have seen up to date. Ofcourse the one thing I cannot predict is the unexpected, like injuries, arrests, kids flunking out of school, and the like.

First 12